Hogan’s Heroes Was Cancelled Because It Made Fun of WW2

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Yet:

74 years ago today, April 11, 1945, Robert Clary was liberated from Buchenwald Nazi concentration camp. He was the youngest of 14 children. Twelve other members of his immediate family were sent to Auschwitz. Clary was the only survivor. When he returned to Paris after the war, he learned that 3 of his siblings had not been taken away & survived the Nazi occupation of France. He played LeBeau on the TV show "Hogan's Heroes."
upload_2019-4-12_21-55-30.jpeg

Robert Clary - Wikipedia

Canceled after 168 episodes in 1971. Great run. Great show IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet:

74 years ago today, April 11, 1945, Robert Clary was liberated from Buchenwald Nazi concentration camp. He was the youngest of 14 children. Twelve other members of his immediate family were sent to Auschwitz. Clary was the only survivor. When he returned to Paris after the war, he learned that 3 of his siblings had not been taken away & survived the Nazi occupation of France. He played LeBeau on the TV show "Hogan's Heroes."
View attachment 255546

Robert Clary - Wikipedia

but where is the link because why?

Great show.

Was it really cancelled over claims that it "made fun of WW2"?

Great show.

Was it really cancelled over claims that it "made fun of WW2"?

If so, it made fun of it from the first episode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The actors that played Klink and Schultz were both Jewish. It was a tremendous show and Bob Crane was phenomenal, as were the other actors. Do you remember Klink's blonde, busty secretary? Crane married her. LOL.

It didn't make fun of WW2, whereas it did may fun of the Germans. It was funny but it got old as you can only have people escape and run mission so many times when it becomes the same old same old

It was hardly MASH which mixed humor with political comments

Sgt Schultz, I see nothing, I know know nothing, I hear nothing

If it is true. The only reason why would they cancel the show. Lately, they has been showing a lot of Nazi's movies to re-educate the anti-Trumpsters. Because most of them doesn't even know what are Nazis. But by them watching Hogan's Heroes? That it will confuse them. And so when they see these anti-Trump's protesters shouting out that the President is a Nazi. That they will pictured this image of him, instead of seriousness...

Forum List

Back