Vik you touch on a very IMPORTANT ISSUE------to get back to
my boring childhood----the first bit time tragedy in history that
my mom told me about----after the "triangle fire"-----
was the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE----some 2 million people
clubbed and knived to death circa 1915. No world reaction

many other such atrocities since.

the big debate in the US regarding THE WORLD ---has
been "isolationism" vs "intervention". Its been going on
since the inception of the USA-----see MONROE DOCTRINE---circa 1825------some americans never got
over it

Fact is, the French have been trying to minimize Muslim hate crimes against French Jews, and this was the hair that broke the camels back.

The number of French Jews emigrating to Israel, due to the anti semetic environment created by Muslim animals has reached record numbers.
By "minimize" I meant hide or not bring to light. The French have been hiding the growth of anti antisemitism in France coming from Muslim immigrants for at least two decades. Had one of the terrorists not attacked a Kosher market, this issue would never have come to the forefront.

yes the problem is that you can more easily be MISINTERPRETED than if you used the word
"trivialize"--------uhm.......minor point

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
According to the article:
Absence sought as part of attempt to keep Israeli-Palestinian conflict out of European show of unity; After Netanyahu insisted on coming, French made it clear Abbas would be invited as well.

I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

He does absolutely represent Jewish people. Israel has a policy of offering aid and asylum to any Jewish who is in need of it. We all know why that policy and more importantly Israel itself came into being. Yes, France can and does represent French Jews but Jews have been let down by Europeans before. This is where the role of Israel become important; Israel assures a Jewish person anywhere in the world that even if the whole world lets you down, Israel won't - at least not without a fight - never again.

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
According to the article:
Absence sought as part of attempt to keep Israeli-Palestinian conflict out of European show of unity; After Netanyahu insisted on coming, French made it clear Abbas would be invited as well.

I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

Actually, that argument would find a LOT of resonance with me were it not for islamic terrorism, esp. directly aimed not just once, but twice at Jews on Thursday and Friday. Remember, the reason why Koulibali shot up the cops in Montrouge is because they kept him from getting into a Jewish elementary school.

On the other hands (I have five, women love it), I know French Jews who state very adamantly that they are Frenchmen (and women) first, Jews second, so part of your argument does indeed sound at least plausible to me.

To me, Netanyahu is a head of state - Israel. A secular leader of a nation. To say he represents all Jews is almost like saying they are a nation within a nation, feeding into conspiracy theories. His appearence is as a head of state, like the other heads of state, not representing all Jews, representing Israel. France must be the one to protect it's Jewish citizens because they are French and everyone must be unified in opposition to terrorism and those hate crimes that are occuring along with it. I think Netanyahu has potential to create divisions rather than unity in this regard. I could be wrong - but that is how I see it.

(put that hand down!)

Israel is a nation which has been put in a very precarious situation by fate. It was created for a sole purpose of ensuring that there is at least one country which will not let Jewish people down. It is a civilized country and as such it upholds the secular value in matters of governance therefore it does protect all its citizens regardless of their religion. This secular structure of Israel does not lessen in anyway its obligation to make sure that Jewish people around the world can depend on it. France like many other European countries has let down Jewish people on a number of occasions; I am not blaming France for it because some time things just happen. However, imagine yourself to be a Jew in 1976 flying on Air France flight which was hijacked by Islamists and taken to Uganda, a Muslim nation. All non-Jews were released including French crew but Jews were held as hostage; their fate was uncertain. No country including France did anything to help those Jews. It was Israel who came to the rescue of those Jews. Israeli commandos carried out one of the most audacious raid in the human history to free those Jews. So I must say Netanyahu does represent all Jewish people in spirit if not formally (passport, citizenship, etc.).

Agreed, Netanyahu not only came as the leader of Israel, but a protector of any Jews that are being persecuted throughout the world. Which, in essence, is what Israel is all about.

Fact is, the French have been trying to minimize Muslim hate crimes against French Jews, and this was the hair that broke the camels back.

The number of French Jews emigrating to Israel, due to the anti semetic environment created by Muslim animals has reached record numbers.
By "minimize" I meant hide or not bring to light. The French have been hiding the growth of anti antisemitism in France coming from Muslim immigrants for at least two decades. Had one of the terrorists not attacked a Kosher market, this issue would never have come to the forefront.

yes the problem is that you can more easily be MISINTERPRETED than if you used the word
"Covering up" would have best explained it.

He does absolutely represent Jewish people. Israel has a policy of offering aid and asylum to any Jewish who is in need of it. We all know why that policy and more importantly Israel itself came into being. Yes, France can and does represent French Jews but Jews have been let down by Europeans before. This is where the role of Israel become important; Israel assures a Jewish person anywhere in the world that even if the whole world lets you down, Israel won't - at least not without a fight - never again.

Actually, that argument would find a LOT of resonance with me were it not for islamic terrorism, esp. directly aimed not just once, but twice at Jews on Thursday and Friday. Remember, the reason why Koulibali shot up the cops in Montrouge is because they kept him from getting into a Jewish elementary school.

On the other hands (I have five, women love it), I know French Jews who state very adamantly that they are Frenchmen (and women) first, Jews second, so part of your argument does indeed sound at least plausible to me.

To me, Netanyahu is a head of state - Israel. A secular leader of a nation. To say he represents all Jews is almost like saying they are a nation within a nation, feeding into conspiracy theories. His appearence is as a head of state, like the other heads of state, not representing all Jews, representing Israel. France must be the one to protect it's Jewish citizens because they are French and everyone must be unified in opposition to terrorism and those hate crimes that are occuring along with it. I think Netanyahu has potential to create divisions rather than unity in this regard. I could be wrong - but that is how I see it.

(put that hand down!)

Israel is a nation which has been put in a very precarious situation by fate. It was created for a sole purpose of ensuring that there is at least one country which will not let Jewish people down. It is a civilized country and as such it upholds the secular value in matters of governance therefore it does protect all its citizens regardless of their religion. This secular structure of Israel does not lessen in anyway its obligation to make sure that Jewish people around the world can depend on it. France like many other European countries has let down Jewish people on a number of occasions; I am not blaming France for it because some time things just happen. However, imagine yourself to be a Jew in 1976 flying on Air France flight which was hijacked by Islamists and taken to Uganda, a Muslim nation. All non-Jews were released including French crew but Jews were held as hostage; their fate was uncertain. No country including France did anything to help those Jews. It was Israel who came to the rescue of those Jews. Israeli commandos carried out one of the most audacious raid in the human history to free those Jews. So I must say Netanyahu does represent all Jewish people in spirit if not formally (passport, citizenship, etc.).

Agreed, Netanyahu not only came as the leader of Israel, but a protector of any Jews that are being persecuted throughout the world. Which, in essence, is what Israel is all about.

yes----but it implies a very negative conspiratorial
motivation-----sheeeesh----poor Frenchies-----
or is that "franks"???

(put that hand down!)

or is that "franks"???

French people are nice folks. I love them.

(put that hand down!)

or is that "franks"???

yes----very nice----sometimes TOO NICE---based on their
accommodation of the Nazis (even though they actually do despise the germans, traditionally and with FRENCH PASSION) ----remember?---the
VICHY GOVERNMENT? ------they are looked upon with---
a bit of derision in the USA

(put that hand down!)

or is that "franks"???

Actually an American tourist I ran into at the Eiffel, made a joke about France that I enjoyed: "France is a beautiful country, if you take away it's people" All kidding aside France is nice, especially the food, but I like Italy much more. Italians love America much more than the French.

Nutanyahoo's attendance was just another zionist PR stunt. ..... :cool:

(put that hand down!)

or is that "franks"???

Actually an American tourist I ran into at the Eiffel, made a joke about France that I enjoyed: "France is a beautiful country, if you take away it's people" All kidding aside France is nice, especially the food, but I like Italy much more. Italians love America much more than the French.

I have always been accepted very well by French with very few exceptions. The women there are amazing. I do not care for French food that much.

Yeah? Did it burn your ISIS loving radical Muslim ass that all of France united in support of it's Jews, while the Israeli and French PM sat side by side in a Synagogue?

There is nothing wrong with a good PR.

Broadly speaking-----the actions of the jihadis on Friday
were a magnificent PR stunt-----jihadista sluts world wide
were impressed

or is that "franks"???

I have always been accepted very well by French with very few exceptions. The women there are amazing. I do not care for French food that much.

the snails are good----so I am told

or is that "franks"???

The food in France is generally great. Even the small cafes serve amazing food. Foie gras and French onion soup, you can't go wrong with those two no matter where you order it. Surprisingly, I found the food in London horrible, unless you go for ethnic foods.

or is that "franks"???

The food in France is generally great. Even the small cafes serve amazing food. Foie gras and French onion soup, you can't go wrong with those two no matter where you order it. Surprisingly, I found the food in London horrible, unless you go for ethnic foods.

We should all go to Europe and party at Statistikhengst house in Germany :)

or is that "franks"???

ok but I refuse to drink beer----it's bitter

Yeah? Did it burn your ISIS loving radical Muslim ass that all of France united in support of it's Jews, while the Israeli and French PM sat side by side in a Synagogue?
Only the ultra loony leftist's and homos attended the march.

The vast majority of the French people stayed home because they do not want anything to do with the Juden. ..... :cool:

Going to Germany and not drinking their beer will hurt their feelings. Have you not learned anything about the importance of not hurting people's feelings?

Going to Germany and not drinking their beer will hurt their feelings. Have you not learned anything about the importance of not hurting people's feelings?

of course I have-----Long ago when I was young (and beautiful) I could not tolerate whiskey either (I have since
developed a kind of taste for it----I SWALLOW fast for the
good effects)----so I would carry a glass of tomato juice
around and claim it to be a "bloody mary". -----how about
I put a bit of color in ginger ale----and CLAIM it is beer????

Forum List

Back