🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hollande asked Netanyahu not to attend Paris memorial march

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and
Well, that was not very nice of Pres. Hollande, especially considering that four jews were murdered by savage islamic beasts and he, Pres. Hollande, invited Abbas. To invite one but exclude the other, under these circumstances, would be just plain old stupid. Bibi did the right thing by appearing.

According to the article:
Absence sought as part of attempt to keep Israeli-Palestinian conflict out of European show of unity; After Netanyahu insisted on coming, French made it clear Abbas would be invited as well.

I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

He does absolutely represent Jewish people. Israel has a policy of offering aid and asylum to any Jewish who is in need of it. We all know why that policy and more importantly Israel itself came into being. Yes, France can and does represent French Jews but Jews have been let down by Europeans before. This is where the role of Israel become important; Israel assures a Jewish person anywhere in the world that even if the whole world lets you down, Israel won't - at least not without a fight - never again.

Well, that was not very nice of Pres. Hollande, especially considering that four jews were murdered by savage islamic beasts and he, Pres. Hollande, invited Abbas. To invite one but exclude the other, under these circumstances, would be just plain old stupid. Bibi did the right thing by appearing.

I'm not convinced the story is true but if true, Bibi could have made much political hay by staying away and exposing Hollande's request as the reason. In effect, it makes Hollande look like he is just pandering to the Muslims.

It sounds like an impressive turn out - unbelievable with 40 world leaders from around the world and

Absence sought as part of attempt to keep Israeli-Palestinian conflict out of European show of unity; After Netanyahu insisted on coming, French made it clear Abbas would be invited as well.

I think asking Netanyahu to not attend the March was a bit harsh towards Jewish people. You have to realize that Netanyahu represents Jewish folks whether he himself is likable or not.

Yes, sort of - he represents Israel. Saying he represents Jewish people is like saying France can not represent french Jews. It's kind of sticky in my opinion. Also, I understand not wanting someone there (both Abbas and Netanyahu) who might bring other issues into it and fracture what should be an attempt at unity against terrorism. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - but I understand the reasoning.

so why is it appropriate for abu mazen to be there? whom does he represent? muslims from Algeria?

He was NOT originally invited. He was only invited after Netanyahu insisted on coming (it's in the original article).

so why is it appropriate for abu mazen to be there? whom does he represent? muslims from Algeria?

He was NOT originally invited. He was only invited after Netanyahu insisted on coming (it's in the original article).

good move

Is Abbas linked to terrorism? If not then there is no reason why he should have not been invited.

Is Abbas linked to terrorism? If not then there is no reason why he should have not been invited.

yes---he is. He is far more moderate about it then the
Hamas people----but he has orchestrated ---during his
public career------terrorist actions.

yes---he is. He is far more moderate about it then the
Hamas people----but he has orchestrated ---during his
public career------terrorist actions.

If that is the case then he should not have been invited.

He does absolutely represent Jewish people. Israel has a policy of offering aid and asylum to any Jewish who is in need of it. We all know why that policy and more importantly Israel itself came into being. Yes, France can and does represent French Jews but Jews have been let down by Europeans before. This is where the role of Israel become important; Israel assures a Jewish person anywhere in the world that even if the whole world lets you down, Israel won't - at least not without a fight - never again.

Actually, that argument would find a LOT of resonance with me were it not for islamic terrorism, esp. directly aimed not just once, but twice at Jews on Thursday and Friday. Remember, the reason why Koulibali shot up the cops in Montrouge is because they kept him from getting into a Jewish elementary school.

On the other hands (I have five, women love it), I know French Jews who state very adamantly that they are Frenchmen (and women) first, Jews second, so part of your argument does indeed sound at least plausible to me.

To me, Netanyahu is a head of state - Israel. A secular leader of a nation. To say he represents all Jews is almost like saying they are a nation within a nation, feeding into conspiracy theories. His appearence is as a head of state, like the other heads of state, not representing all Jews, representing Israel. France must be the one to protect it's Jewish citizens because they are French and everyone must be unified in opposition to terrorism and those hate crimes that are occuring along with it. I think Netanyahu has potential to create divisions rather than unity in this regard. I could be wrong - but that is how I see it.

(put that hand down!)

True -- except they did not want to bring the Palestinian conflict into this.

Actually, that argument would find a LOT of resonance with me were it not for islamic terrorism, esp. directly aimed not just once, but twice at Jews on Thursday and Friday. Remember, the reason why Koulibali shot up the cops in Montrouge is because they kept him from getting into a Jewish elementary school.

On the other hands (I have five, women love it), I know French Jews who state very adamantly that they are Frenchmen (and women) first, Jews second, so part of your argument does indeed sound at least plausible to me.

To me, Netanyahu is a head of state - Israel. A secular leader of a nation. To say he represents all Jews is almost like saying they are a nation within a nation, feeding into conspiracy theories. His appearence is as a head of state, like the other heads of state, not representing all Jews, representing Israel. France must be the one to protect it's Jewish citizens because they are French and everyone must be unified in opposition to terrorism and those hate crimes that are occuring along with it. I think Netanyahu has potential to create divisions rather than unity in this regard. I could be wrong - but that is how I see it.

(put that hand down!)

But he didn't create divisions. He came, he marched with, he went to the Synagogue and I assume he is going home.

So.....

(put that hand down!)

But he didn't create divisions. He came, he marched with, he went to the Synagogue and I assume he is going home.

So.....

No he didn't. That is why I said "potential". It all went well. :)

True -- except they did not want to bring the Palestinian conflict into this.

they did not have to-----the terrorists did that. You imagine that the attack on a kosher grocery was a kind of insignificant
coincidence?. So far it seems to me that the people killed
there -----at least SEEM to be jews who migrated from
arab shit holes to France. Most of the jews from France that I met in my life were such people-----jews hopping around the middle east over the past century. Someone mentioned that muslims use that store ----so true------
same cuisine items. The jihadi pigs had probably already been shoppers in that store-----FRIDAY MORN is a good way to make sure most of the shoppers are jews-----clever little piglets, those muzzie jihadis----they acted just at the 'HOLY" jumah time. Why go to the mosque a miss an
opportunity to worship the meccan pig by murdering jews?

Fact is, the French have been trying to minimize Muslim hate crimes against French Jews, and this was the hair that broke the camels back.

The number of French Jews emigrating to Israel, due to the anti semetic environment created by Muslim animals has reached record numbers.

Fact is, the French have been trying to minimize Muslim hate crimes against French Jews, and this was the hair that broke the camels back.

The number of French Jews emigrating to Israel, due to the anti semetic environment created by Muslim animals has reached record numbers.

roudy----I am amazed-----you usually write so well----sorry---
but I object to your phrase "minimize muslim hate crimes"
I believe that most people would believe that to mean
that the French are FIGHTING muslim hate crimes against
jews very actively.-------sorry roudy-----until now they
have been TRIVIALIZING them-----trying to do a bit of
cover up.

(put that hand down!)

Israel is a nation which has been put in a very precarious situation by fate. It was created for the sole purpose of ensuring that there is at least one country which will not let Jewish people down. It is a civilized country and as such it upholds the secular value in matters of governance therefore it does protect all its citizens regardless of their religion. This secular structure of Israel does not lessen in anyway its obligation to make sure that Jewish people around the world can depend on it. France like many other European countries has let down Jewish people on a number of occasions; I am not blaming France for it because some time things just happen. However, imagine yourself to be a Jew in 1976 flying on Air France flight which was hijacked by Islamists and taken to Uganda, a Muslim nation. All non-Jews were released including French crew but Jews were held as hostage; their fate was uncertain. No country including France did anything to help those Jews. It was Israel who came to the rescue of those Jews. Israeli commandos carried out one of the most audacious raid in the human history to free those Jews. So I must say Netanyahu does represent all Jewish people in spirit if not formally (passport, citizenship, etc.).

Last edited:

By "minimize" I meant hide or not bring to light. The French have been hiding the growth of anti antisemitism in France coming from Muslim immigrants for at least two decades. Had one of the terrorists not attacked a Kosher market, this issue would never have come to the forefront.

Forum List

Back