Hollywood is trying to mainstream abortion, make it acceptable...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I have seen abortion portrayed in two recent TV shows, Women of GLOW and The Affair.

In both cases, abortion is portrayed as something the woman does because the pregnancy is just such a terrible thing given the circumstances the woman is in.

While I understand that abortion is never an easy choice, I find it interesting that the counter-argument, that an unborn baby is a human life, is not portrayed in these TV shows.

Not one character makes a case for keeping the child.

Also, the woman is never portrayed as regretting her decision to have an abortion.

The reason Hollywood supports abortion is because the Hollywood lifestyle of casual sex leads to many unwanted pregnancies, and thus, many abortions.

The concept that people should wait before they have sex is never even considered by any TV character.

In The Affair, the mother tells her daughter that she had had an abortion, but that the aborted child's spirit was reborn in her.

Interesting that a modern TV show would have to justify an abortion using hocus-pocus mumbo jumbo like that.

IOW, abortion is portrayed accurately.

The fetus is a fetus. You're welcome to hold a different opinion but that won't make it a fact.

None of that matters though. Abortion is a personal and private decision. If you are not the woman, it's none of your business.

MYOB

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The fetus is a fetus. You're welcome to hold a different opinion but that won't make it a fact.

None of that matters though. Abortion is a personal and private decision. If you are not the woman, it's none of your business.

MYOB

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me. -- Jesus Christ.

It's my business.

Abortion has been mainstream for almost 50 years now. Suggesting that it's something "new" that Hollywood is trying to foist on us is laughable.

Making a TV show about women from 30 years ago who happened to have abortions is a direct reflection of today or 30 years ago or something

MYOB

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me. -- Jesus Christ.

It's my business.
Not everyone subscribes to your religion.

'Hollywood is trying to mainstream abortion, make it acceptable...'

...like Weinstein, Polanski, and Hollywood tried to do with rape, sexual assault, pedophilia...

Western Civilization is dying off because we don't value children and families.
The Islamic World is on a quest to supplant European and American culture.

I have seen abortion portrayed in two recent TV shows, Women of GLOW and The Affair.

In both cases, abortion is portrayed as something the woman does because the pregnancy is just such a terrible thing given the circumstances the woman is in.

While I understand that abortion is never an easy choice, I find it interesting that the counter-argument, that an unborn baby is a human life, is not portrayed in these TV shows.

Also, the woman is never portrayed as regretting her decision to have an abortion.

The reason Hollywood supports abortion is because the Hollywood lifestyle of casual sex leads to many unwanted pregnancies, and thus, many abortions.

The concept that people should wait before they have sex is never even considered by any TV character.
Pray for them.

It's my business when people are murdering babies.

Had I lived before the Civil War, I would be speaking out against slavery, and you would tell me that it isn't my business.

Injustice is EVERYONE's business.

If Hollywood wants to portray abortion, they should be honest about it and show what abortion really is, in all its gory details: the chopped up arms and legs, the bloody guts coming out of the torso, the severed head, etc. Otherwise, they're not being honest.

09w04_medium.jpg

Had I lived before the Civil War, I would be speaking out against slavery, and you would tell me that it isn't my business.

They're not paying rent, so they're getting evicted from the womb. It's no more your business than some deadbeat getting evicted from an apartment for nonpayment

They're not paying rent, so they're getting evicted from the womb. It's no more your business than some deadbeat getting evicted from an apartment for nonpayment
You can look at that photograph and still say something like this?

You lack a soul.

You can look at that photograph and still say something like this?

You lack a soul.
Death isn't pretty. That's why lawmaking (abortion in particular) isn't for emotional pussies. Fortunately for you, real men have already made an appropriate decision.

The crusty old evangelicals really HATE when women make their own decisions without the crusties control or input, or when women don't react in a way that suits their bigotry and superstitions. It's tough for them to watch their "male privilege" fade into history, along with their magical religious nonsense.

Forum List

Back