Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

Most people on this forum are the same.
The Dems and GOP are as bad as each other.
It's like there's a template, a format, a script, that is supposed to be followed.

I've said it a zillion times: The two ends of the spectrum can be amazingly similar in their behaviors.

It would be one thing if it just remained on the ends. But this is clearly metastasizing, quickly, and that's what worries me, for my kids' sake.

Enduring four years of Biden will be a hell of a lot worse than four years of Trump.

People say it is impossible for one President to totally ruin a nation but If they are wrong, Joe Biden is the President who could do it.

Funny, I'm not seeing riots in the streets or all the businesses being closed, or body counts in the thousands.

OH MY GOD, I HAD TO PAY $6.00 a gallon for gasoline for my big gas guzzling SUV while I idle for 10 minutes in the Starbucks line to buy a $5.00 cup of coffee!

Ask yourself one question and why are the Democrats doing their best to lose this election?

Also why are the Republicans doing little to win it?

Haven’t you noticed that both Major Political Parties are play Hot Potato and trying to hand off a victory to each other in November and why?

Simple, they both know shit is going to hit the fan after November and neither one want to clean the mess up…

So Democratic Party ain’t waking up but they are doing their best to limit their loss in November so they can have steam going into 2026 with the hope the economy crashes and the American Public will turn to them ( Democratic Party ) with the hope of fixing the disaster…

I know, I know, I know that is insane but the American Public memory is shorter than a ant dick, so let it be known the Democratic Party isn’t waking up but they are just cooling it so their defeat this November and possible defeat in 2024 isn’t as bad while eyeing 2026 for their return to power with more DSA members which is bad for the rest of the Country…

Just my foolish opinion…

Ask yourself one question and why are the Democrats doing their best to lose this election?

Also why are the Republicans doing little to win it?

Haven’t you noticed that both Major Political Parties are play Hot Potato and trying to hand off a victory to each other in November and why?

Simple, they both know shit is going to hit the fan after November and neither one want to clean the mess up…

So Democratic Party ain’t waking up but they are doing their best to limit their loss in November so they can have steam going into 2026 with the hope the economy crashes and the American Public will turn to them ( Democratic Party ) with the hope of fixing the disaster…

I know, I know, I know that is insane but the American Public memory is shorter than a ant dick, so let it be known the Democratic Party isn’t waking up but they are just cooling it so their defeat this November and possible defeat in 2024 isn’t as bad while eyeing 2026 for their return to power with more DSA members which is bad for the rest of the Country…

Just my foolish opinion…
Well, it's a foolish opinion.

First, no one is going to hold CONGRESS accountable if things go wrong after November. They'll hold the President accountable.

A more likely scenario. Republicans will do well, and do exactly what they did in 1995 and 2011. Believe that a mid-term election that only 35% of the electorate participate in constitutes a mandate, and then start doing all sorts of crazy shit like trying to yank people's health coverage and mandating sex laws. all stuff Biden will veto and people will realize that Biden is the only thing standing between them and the crazies.

The only hitch here is Biden's age. He'll be 81 when he stands for re-election. There's no one really ready to step into the breach. Harris is too unpopular, and the most prominent governors - Prtizker, Newsom - aren't really national figures.

Well, it's a foolish opinion.

First, no one is going to hold CONGRESS accountable if things go wrong after November. They'll hold the President accountable.

A more likely scenario. Republicans will do well, and do exactly what they did in 1995 and 2011. Believe that a mid-term election that only 35% of the electorate participate in constitutes a mandate, and then start doing all sorts of crazy shit like trying to yank people's health coverage and mandating sex laws. all stuff Biden will veto and people will realize that Biden is the only thing standing between them and the crazies.

The only hitch here is Biden's age. He'll be 81 when he stands for re-election. There's no one really ready to step into the breach. Harris is too unpopular, and the most prominent governors - Prtizker, Newsom - aren't really national figures.
And you spew foolish comments all the time!

Fact is the Democratic Party has nothing to sell to the voting base and don’t blame low voter turnout on why your party can’t win this November because if your party had something worth voting for then the voting base would vote!

Your party won in 2018 and 2006 in mod-Term elections, so let remember that and Biden age isn’t really why he will lose but his policies and being a terrible leader is why!

Didn’t read you complaining about his pick of Harris in 2020 and I bet in 2024 you will proclaim she is the best choice if she is the candidate!

Also California Governor Newsom is your best chance and I will not vote for him either and before you write “ going third party is a wasted vote “ well for you it is because you enjoy the stupidity of both major political parties where those like me prefer something different…

Now move on Borg because I ain’t joining either collective…

Funny, I'm not seeing riots in the streets or all the businesses being closed, or body counts in the thousands.

OH MY GOD, I HAD TO PAY $6.00 a gallon for gasoline for my big gas guzzling SUV while I idle for 10 minutes in the Starbucks line to buy a $5.00 cup of coffee!
We will likely see how pissed off the people are when the Midterms come up. By then the price of gasoline may be $8 a gallon or higher.

There are numerous other problems too. Like shortages of baby formula and tampons. There is even a shortage of hot sauce.

We will likely see how pissed off the people are when the Midterms come up. By then the price of gasoline may be $8 a gallon or higher.

There are numerous other problems too. Like shortages of baby formula and tampons. There is even a shortage of hot sauce.

1655816458599.png

This will be ignored and/or dismissed by the hardcore Left:

In the post-election wave of the Democracy Fund Voter Study Group (VSG) panel survey, well over 70 percent of Hispanic voters rated jobs, the economy, health care and the coronavirus as issues that were “very important” to them. No other issues even came close to this level. Crime as an issue rated higher with these voters than immigration or racial equality, two issues that Democrats assumed would clear the path to big gains among Hispanic voters.

Consistent with this, Latino voters evinced little sympathy with the more radical demands that came to be associated with the Black Lives Matter movement. In VSG data, despite showing support for some specific policing reforms, Hispanics opposed defunding the police, decreasing the size of police forces and the scope of their work and reparations for the descendants of slaves by 2:1 or more. The findings about relatively positive Hispanic attitudes toward police have been confirmed by poll after poll, as concern about crime in their communities has spiked.

An important thing to remember about the Hispanic population is that they are heavily oriented toward upward mobility and see themselves as being able to benefit from available opportunities to attain that. Three-fifths of Latinos in the national exit poll said they believed life would be better for the next generation of Americans.

They are also patriotic. By well over 3:1, Hispanics in the VSG survey said they would rather be a citizen of the United States than any other country in the world and by 35 points said they were proud of the way American democracy works. These findings on patriotism are confirmed by results from the 2020 More in Common Identity and Belonging study, where the views of Hispanics contrasted starkly with the negative views of progressive activists.

Clearly, this constituency does not harbor particularly radical views on the nature of American society and its supposed intrinsic racism and white supremacy. They are instead a patriotic, upwardly mobile, working class group with quite practical and down to earth concerns. Democrats will either learn to focus on that or they will continue to lose ground among this vital group of voters.

Fact is the Democratic Party has nothing to sell to the voting base and don’t blame low voter turnout on why your party can’t win this November because if your party had something worth voting for then the voting base would vote!

Turnout really isn't an issue. I live in IL, in a district where the REpublicans aren't even going to put up a candidate. For Senate, we have the Asian-American double amputee war vet who people are generally afraid to run again. The only office that MIGHT be an issue is governor, but that's unlikely because the Republicans have spent so much time demolishing each other Pritzker will easily walk to a second term.

the GOP seems determined to piss away their opportunities in PA and GA with awful candidates backed by Trump. .

Your party won in 2018 and 2006 in mod-Term elections, so let remember that and Biden age isn’t really why he will lose but his policies and being a terrible leader is why!

Those elections had higher voter turnout because people were pissed (about the Iraq War in 2006 and Trump general asshattery in 2018). Most midterms, voter turnout is low, and that benefits Republicans.

Didn’t read you complaining about his pick of Harris in 2020 and I bet in 2024 you will proclaim she is the best choice if she is the candidate!

I was very critical of Harris as a candidate in the primaries. If she is the nominee in 2024, she will still be better than anyone the GOP puts up.

Also California Governor Newsom is your best chance and I will not vote for him either and before you write “ going third party is a wasted vote “ well for you it is because you enjoy the stupidity of both major political parties where those like me prefer something different…

Voting third party is a waste of a vote. The next president will be either a Republican or a Democrat. Those are you choices. Don't like it, too bad.

We have to fix the system, and only one party is serious about that:
which would that be Mac????
No, but your seeing many step up to place BLAME for it Joe
Nothing will change, feel free to quote me on that Peace
First, no one is going to hold CONGRESS accountable
Which is the root of most of our problems Joe
Voting third party is a waste of a vote
We don't even have a second party .......and there's a long long history why.......

~S~

which would that be Mac????

No, but your seeing many step up to place BLAME for it Joe

Nothing will change, feel free to quote me on that Peace

Which is the root of most of our problems Joe

We don't even have a second party .......and there's a long long history why.......

~S~
It's in the link of the post you quoted.

In the post-election wave of the Democracy Fund Voter Study Group (VSG) panel survey, well over 70 percent of Hispanic voters rated jobs, the economy, health care and the coronavirus as issues that were “very important” to them. No other issues even came close to this level. Crime as an issue rated higher with these voters than immigration or racial equality, two issues that Democrats assumed would clear the path to big gains among Hispanic voters.

Consistent with this, Latino voters evinced little sympathy with the more radical demands that came to be associated with the Black Lives Matter movement. In VSG data, despite showing support for some specific policing reforms, Hispanics opposed defunding the police, decreasing the size of police forces and the scope of their work and reparations for the descendants of slaves by 2:1 or more. The findings about relatively positive Hispanic attitudes toward police have been confirmed by poll after poll, as concern about crime in their communities has spiked.

An important thing to remember about the Hispanic population is that they are heavily oriented toward upward mobility and see themselves as being able to benefit from available opportunities to attain that. Three-fifths of Latinos in the national exit poll said they believed life would be better for the next generation of Americans.

They are also patriotic. By well over 3:1, Hispanics in the VSG survey said they would rather be a citizen of the United States than any other country in the world and by 35 points said they were proud of the way American democracy works. These findings on patriotism are confirmed by results from the 2020 More in Common Identity and Belonging study, where the views of Hispanics contrasted starkly with the negative views of progressive activists.

Clearly, this constituency does not harbor particularly radical views on the nature of American society and its supposed intrinsic racism and white supremacy. They are instead a patriotic, upwardly mobile, working class group with quite practical and down to earth concerns. Democrats will either learn to focus on that or they will continue to lose ground among this vital group of voters.
So really, they aren't voting on the issues they say are the most important. Interesting.

White leftists like you are responsible for our current fuel, food, and housing costs, as well as the war in Europe and the open border. Everyone will be thinking about that when they head to the polls in November.

So really, they aren't voting on the issues they say are the most important. Interesting.
Or they're not convinced that the Democrats are the best way. Maybe they think Democrats are more interested in teaching their eight year old about transsexuality or getting them fired if they say the wrong thing on the wrong topic to the wrong person.

Different people have different life experiences and different perspectives.

I was very critical of Harris as a candidate in the primaries. If she is the nominee in 2024, she will still be better than anyone the GOP puts up.
DeSantis would annihilate Harris in a debate. Plus DeSantis actually does things while Harris avoids doing anything. People in 2024 will be looking for a President that solves problems rather than avoids them. Biden will have likely screwed up the nation by then far worse than Jimmy Carter did when he was PresIdent.

Or they're not convinced that the Democrats are the best way.
Then why would they make a list of their most important issues, then talk about how the the dems are turning them off on completely different issues?

They wouldn't need to do that, if they were already with the Republicans on their ostensibly most important issues.

Either they are the most important issues, or they are not.

And we already know people will vote against their own economic self interests, if you can piss them off about a social issue.

And we already know people will vote against their own economic self interests, if you can piss them off about a social issue.
As I said, different people have different priorities.

Social issues are separate and different from financial issues. So, if they're not terribly thrilled with either party regarding jobs, for example, but one of the parties annoys them on the social stuff (in either direction), the choice might be easy.

Social issues are a wild card. Everyone wants financial security. But social issues are their own animal.

As I said, different people have different priorities.
Yes. And some people say their priorities are one thing, when they are actually another. Kind of a different issue.

Social issues are separate and different from financial issues.
But if a social issue is going to decide your vote, I would think it would make the top ten list of things that will decide your vote.

No?

Point being, it shows people will vote against their own economic self interests.

Which speaks right to the issues you are pointing out.

Forum List

Back