Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

Let’s first look at “Trump undermining NATO.”

Now let’s look at unemployment. You will problably argue that Trump invented COVID-19 as to those with Trump Derangement Syndrome everything that goes wrong in the solar system is all Trump’s fault.

We might still be waiting for a vaccine if not for Trump’s Warp Speed Program.

You ask what his Biden done that will effect the U.S. after he leaves office.

Unless we get inflation under control many people will lose their life savings in the next couple of years. Plus may experts are saying we will be in a recession next year. The stock market is already taking a serious hit and that effects the retirement savings of many Americans.

The damage to the economy will effect the United States for several years after Biden leaves office in 2024.

Plus there is always the possibility that Putin will use tactical nuclear weapons in his attempt to take over Ukraine. That could lead to WWIII. China is considering invading Taiwan and Biden says he will help Taiwan if that happens.

Plus let’s not forget Biden’s open Mexican border.The illegals entering our nation will effect our nation for many years in the future. Plus the open border is making the Mexican drug cartels fortunes both for the illegals who have to pay the cartels to enter the nation and for the illegal drugs that cross the border because border agents are tied up processing illegals who turn themselves in.

You say "Let’s first look at “Trump undermining NATO.”"

Then don't. You just post something. Then you do the same for the second point.

Yeah, if Trump hadn't done anything about the vaccine, you might still be waiting. But then again the British managed to make one, the Russians made one, the Chinese made a few, the Germans, Israelis, the Indians.
Trump will boast, but the reality is anyone who had been president at that time would have done something similar. Because other countries did the same thing.

Okay, you have inflation.

The US has 8.6 percent inflation right now. Not good, but then again a lot of countries are having inflation that is higher.

How could Biden have changed this? He could have threatened Russia to stop the Ukraine War which would have reduced inflation. Probably the worst thing he did. What would Trump have done? Probably allowed Russia to do what it wanted. Who knows?

A recession is inevitable. The US is in a boom and bust cycle and has been for a long time. Trump was making this worse by pumping the economy for all its worth. Biden wasn't pumping the economy so much, so perhaps the next recession will be lower than it would have been had Trump been in charge.

I don't really see Biden having that much of a negative impact on the economy.

If Putin uses nukes, that's not Biden's fault, beyond the fact that Biden didn't do much to stop the war in the first place. The right are the ones who say someone's actions are their own fault, not other people's fault, right?

I'll give you the border situation. However the impact on the US might not be so bad as you think. One, it gives people cheap labor. You want to deal with inflation, cheap labor is the way to go. Drugs have been a problem in the US for a long time. It's a bit difficult to get up to date drug statistics. 2020 is the latest I can get, so difficult to see whether you're right or not about drugs coming over the border.

Then again, the reason why Democrats do this is because of the electoral system. They need to get as many votes as possible and be a viable party. They can do this with this border policy because there are only two political parties.

With Proportional Representation if people didn't like their border policy, they'd go and vote for a similar party which didn't like open borders. But Americans, it seems, don't really like democracy, don't like having a say (except bitchin' on the internet). They like being entertained by crazy policies.

Last edited:
It's like there's a template, a format, a script, that is supposed to be followed.

I've said it a zillion times: The two ends of the spectrum can be amazingly similar in their behaviors.

It would be one thing if it just remained on the ends. But this is clearly metastasizing, quickly, and that's what worries me, for my kids' sake.

Yeah, and they'll deny it. The most worrying thing is these people get to vote.

First, I'm not getting my hopes up, even though I've been screaming about the Left's cynical weaponization of PC and Identity Politics since I've been on this board (and long before). However:

Interestingly, both the CNN and MSNBC morning shows spent time on how or if the American Left has gone too far with its cultural issues. This, after James Carville, Bill Maher, and even recently Hillary Clinton and Van Jones have been beating the drum on this. Even Al freakin' Sharpton said the Dems are moving from "progressive" to "regressive" (a word I've used about a thousand times here).

We're seeing Hispanics give up and move towards the GOP now. November looks like an ass kicking. Are the Democrats beginning to figure it out, are they starting to realize that they've been concentrating on the wrong issues for too long, losing the working class vote over "defund the police", reparations, destroying businesses that don't want to bake a cake, and trans parades in grade schools?

Are they waking up? AND, is it too late, are they too dependent on it and attached to it to fix this?

No… they are just trying to figure out how to once again hide their agenda now that people have seen it in the open.

You say "Let’s first look at “Trump undermining NATO.”"

Then don't. You just post something. Then you do the same for the second point.

Yeah, if Trump hadn't done anything about the vaccine, you might still be waiting. But then again the British managed to make one, the Russians made one, the Chinese made a few, the Germans, Israelis, the Indians.
Trump will boast, but the reality is anyone who had been president at that time would have done something similar. Because other countries did the same thing.

Okay, you have inflation.

The US has 8.6 percent inflation right now. Not good, but then again a lot of countries are having inflation that is higher.

How could Biden have changed this? He could have threatened Russia to stop the Ukraine War which would have reduced inflation. Probably the worst thing he did. What would Trump have done? Probably allowed Russia to do what it wanted. Who knows?

A recession is inevitable. The US is in a boom and bust cycle and has been for a long time. Trump was making this worse by pumping the economy for all its worth. Biden wasn't pumping the economy so much, so perhaps the next recession will be lower than it would have been had Trump been in charge.

I don't really see Biden having that much of a negative impact on the economy.

If Putin uses nukes, that's not Biden's fault, beyond the fact that Biden didn't do much to stop the war in the first place. The right are the ones who say someone's actions are their own fault, not other people's fault, right?

I'll give you the border situation. However the impact on the US might not be so bad as you think. One, it gives people cheap labor. You want to deal with inflation, cheap labor is the way to go. Drugs have been a problem in the US for a long time. It's a bit difficult to get up to date drug statistics. 2020 is the latest I can get, so difficult to see whether you're right or not about drugs coming over the border.

Then again, the reason why Democrats do this is because of the electoral system. They need to get as many votes as possible and be a viable party. They can do this with this border policy because there are only two political parties.

With Proportional Representation if people didn't like their border policy, they'd go and vote for a similar party which didn't like open borders. But Americans, it seems, don't really like democracy, don't like having a say (except bitchin' on the internet). They like being entertained by crazy policies.
The big problem in our nation is that the people we elect to represent us don’t.

If you have some charisma and are a little dishonest there are two excellent careers to follow where you can make a fortune. One is to become a televangelist and the other is the become a career politician.

Fair.

Now show us what the fuuuuuck you are talking about, as it relates to schools.

Teachers aren't doing that.
Some teachers are Involved in convincing young children to change their sex. The first two following links are for educators and the rest are examples of this happening.

The big problem in our nation is that the people we elect to represent us don’t.

If you have some charisma and are a little dishonest there are two excellent careers to follow where you can make a fortune. One is to become a televangelist and the other is the become a career politician.

The big problem is the electoral system gets people in who know they don't need to represent the people.

If you want to change how the people who get in react to the voters, you need to have some sort of chance they're going to lose to someone who has good ideas.

Instead they can only lose to another wack job.

FPTP sucks.

Some teachers are Involved in convincing young children to change their sex. The first two following links are for educators and the rest are examples of this happening.

They don't pay attention.

Next thread they'll just deny it again

The big problem is the electoral system gets people in who know they don't need to represent the people.

If you want to change how the people who get in react to the voters, you need to have some sort of chance they're going to lose to someone who has good ideas.

Instead they can only lose to another wack job.

FPTP sucks.
One thing that might help is term limits.

I feel many politicians start out as honest but over the years they see all the other politicians profiting from unethical activities and join in.

Do you see the difference between the ridiculous freak out over Dave Weigel's retweet of a joke and the legit revulsion over the former Adulterer-in-Chief bragging about grabbing a woman's crotch and getting away with it?
He didn't say that. It's just another lie by picking words out of context.

Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?​

Nope! The Op and this thread prove that!

Although many here are grifters and claim to be moderate left and clearly support the far left.

One thing that might help is term limits.

I feel many politicians start out as honest but over the years they see all the other politicians profiting from unethical activities and join in.

No. Term limits is a nonsense thing people have brought up.

The reason why people vote the way they do is because of negative voting. You have two viable choices for an election in the US. Rep and Dem.

If you don't like the Dems, you vote Reps. If you don't like Reps, you vote dems.

We know people change the way they vote, because Germany votes FPTP and PR on the same day at the same time.

In the last three elections they've had up to an 8% difference, with smaller parties doing better with PR and larger with FPTP. In fact in 2017 Merkel's party got 32.9% with PR and 37.27 with FPTP, but got 77% of the FPTP seats.

They lost 5% of the vote on the same day, based on the system in place.

Had there only been FPTP, they'd have got even more because people know the make up of the Bundestag is with PR.

Changing which people are taking the money won't make things better. You want competent politicians. In Italy they have a party that only lets its members be a representative one term. And they're AWFUL. Because the people are inept.

Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?​

Nope! The Op and this thread prove that!

Although many here are grifters and claim to be moderate left and clearly support the far left.
I think many of the lefties are kids.

Young ignorant, kids.

It's a damn good thing there are old folks around to keep these kids in check.

I have to go up to Santa Clarita a lot, for work. Up there, there's nothing but snot nosed little speed freaks who ride around on their skateboards all night - but many of them are AntiFa and they'll tell you all about what an asshole Trump is.

These are rich spoiled brats, for the most part. Too entitled to go work at McDonald's.

That's just revisionist bullshit, Joe, and you should know it.

During the 2016 campaign, Obama himself pointed out to Slick Willy "she's better than both of us, and you know it , Bill" at the Democrat Convention.
Apparently he was the only one to think that. As bad as Trump was he trounced her.

The "pussy hat marchers" did organize and march for public health insurance and higher minimum wages. It was called the 2018 Mid-Terms. And what exactly did that get them?

The Senate still rammed through far right judges and are overturning Roe v. Wade, and now they're complaining about inflation. You still don't have a decent voting rights act.

As long as the minority Republicans continue to hold power in the Senate because of the filibuster, the Democratic agenda won't pass. Stop being pussies and eliminate the filibuster, and end the minority roadblock. The Senators who confirmed ACB represented fewer voters than those who voted against her.
And next year you will be praising the filibuster to the heavens because it will allow the miniority democrats to impede the republicans just as the opposite is true now. That's not a fault, it's a design feature to self-regulate.

The "pussy hat marchers" did organize and march for public health insurance and higher minimum wages. It was called the 2018 Mid-Terms. And what exactly did that get them?

The Senate still rammed through far right judges and are overturning Roe v. Wade, and now they're complaining about inflation. You still don't have a decent voting rights act.

As long as the minority Republicans continue to hold power in the Senate because of the filibuster, the Democratic agenda won't pass. Stop being pussies and eliminate the filibuster, and end the minority roadblock. The Senators who confirmed ACB represented fewer voters than those who voted against her.
Oops, I didn't look who was posting. It's a Canuck who doesn't know how a limited government needs to work.

Same goes for the right.

A governor using the power of his office and of the government punishing a corporation for free speech is a good example.

As is the excommunication of all GOPers who do not lick the butt of the orange slob.

Both sides are riding this bike.
Taking away a special privilege given by the government isn't wrong in my book. Disney got that sweetheart deal by kissing up to government, it lost it by opposing government. It's a perfect example of whatever the government give, it can take.

Forum List

Back