Home Free

And I'm not 100% sure the percussion isn't vocally accomplished......... Matter of fact the percussion is vocally created. Absolutely amazing!!

Last edited:
Here's their version of CSN's Helplessly hoping. I'm just blown away by their vocals.

Wow, Ringle. Just wow. Love, beautress
Tim Foust, that amazing deep voice actually has a six octave range......... He does all the vocals in this, obviously the parts are layered and he shows off his range in this Frankie Valli song.

Here is their version of Ring of Fire. It has both Tim and Avi (former Pentatonixs bass) both doing some amazing vocals, the lows they can hit are sub-harmonic level. It's short but has sort of a calypso beat while still staying true to the original.

Here is their version of Ring of Fire. It has both Tim and Avi (former Pentatonixs bass) both doing some amazing vocals, the lows they can hit are sub-harmonic level. It's short but has sort of a calypso beat while still staying true to the original.

Jesus... that is some serious vocal range there.
Falsetto is really hard to get right, both of those singers could get away with singing a song in all Falsetto We're talking the rarity of Roy Orbison here.

Jesus... that is some serious vocal range there.
Falsetto is really hard to get right, both of those singers could get away with singing a song in all Falsetto We're talking the rarity of Roy Orbison here.
I believe Tim has a 5 or 6 octave range, not sure about Avi. Tim can go from those super low sub-harmonics up to Frankie Valli level.
Tim's tone is a little more crisp while Avi's is smooth as butter. That part where Avi goes from tenor to sub-harmonic is mind blowing, that is sooooo hard to do.

Here's one where all the Home Free guys do falsetto, Tim shows some of his range as he starts out the song in a tenor.

Also keep in mind they do it all a capella, other than their vocal cords there are no other instruments being used......... Every sound you hear is made with their voices.

Here they do their version of Men II Boys' End of the Road. Even the Men II Boys members have said it's the best cover of their song ever done.
Rob shows off his range and at the end goes full "gospel" with his add libs.

I believe Tim has a 5 or 6 octave range, not sure about Avi. Tim can go from those super low sub-harmonics up to Frankie Valli level.
Tim's tone is a little more crisp while Avi's is smooth as butter. That part where Avi goes from tenor to sub-harmonic is mind blowing, that is sooooo hard to do.

Here's one where all the Home Free guys do falsetto, Tim shows some of his range as he starts out the song in a tenor.

Orbison was a rare "true" 3 octave singer, meaning he could sing all notes in all 3 octaves. There may be 10 singers ever that can do that. The "butter" guy sounds to me like he can for sure do at least 2 full range octaves. I can sing in 3 octaves, but only 1 in full range. Very impressive to see someone carry a falsetto beyond 3 or 4 notes.
(Well I use to be able to, I have pretty much lost falsetto with age)

Now for a real treat........ Two "cowboys" sing opera...........

Rob, the big guy was classically trained in opera but hadn't sung opera in 15 years. Austins's training was in musical theater.

Forum List

Back