Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though...

Sorry, they don't show up in the studies....they don't answer questions that will put them in jail....and so in the studies they are not represented in the results...

You are making that up. Post where any of your studies back up that claim.

The phone surveys were anonymous....so if a felon answers the phone, some person they don't know is asking them if they committed a felony by using a gun....someone who knows their phone number, and hence, where they live.......so no...they did not incriminate themselves to a complete stranger......

Sorry, they don't show up in the studies....they don't answer questions that will put them in jail....and so in the studies they are not represented in the results...

The phone surveys were anonymous....so if a felon answers the phone, some person they don't know is asking them if they committed a felony by using a gun....someone who knows their phone number, and hence, where they live.......so no...they did not incriminate themselves to a complete stranger......

You are making things up. Post where a study verifies what you are saying.

Although the couple appeared to live a quiet, family-oriented life, men believed to be their relatives have extended rap sheets.

Court records show Sabitree Bhagwandin was named as a third-party custodian in a 2008 case titled "U.S.A. v. Bhagwandin." That case involved a Vishwanand Bhagwandin, who was arrested for allegedly selling cocaine between May and September of 2008. The relationship between Sabitree and Vishwanand is unclear.

Vishwanand Bhagwandin, 38, appears more than a dozen times in the Lee Clerk of Court case database, including a 1999 case for multiple counts of drug trafficking.

Another Bhagwandin, Shradhanand, was arrested in 2009 after he allegedly bought $25,000 worth of cocaine from an undercover sheriff's deputy. His 2009 cocaine arrest resulted in two felony trafficking charges.

Sounds like some real nice people. Stay away from criminal activity and you are safe.

Really? "Stay away from criminal activity and you are safe." Safe?

Yes look at the family of these people. Deeply in crime. Drug dealers. This couple wasn't randomly home invaded.

What this story shows is how dumb anti gun memes are.......

1) the attackers did not use guns....killed one man, put a woman in the hospital

2) defenders did not use a gun....one killed the other hospitalized from attack by group of attackers

3) criminal history, not guns, the main factor to this violence

4) family members hurt and killed....no gun involved......

And we don't know if the grandparents were drug king pins or not..........

So the only people who might need a gun are involved in criminal activity.

As soon as you verify anything you have said......

Although the couple appeared to live a quiet, family-oriented life, men believed to be their relatives have extended rap sheets.

Court records show Sabitree Bhagwandin was named as a third-party custodian in a 2008 case titled "U.S.A. v. Bhagwandin." That case involved a Vishwanand Bhagwandin, who was arrested for allegedly selling cocaine between May and September of 2008. The relationship between Sabitree and Vishwanand is unclear.

Vishwanand Bhagwandin, 38, appears more than a dozen times in the Lee Clerk of Court case database, including a 1999 case for multiple counts of drug trafficking.

Another Bhagwandin, Shradhanand, was arrested in 2009 after he allegedly bought $25,000 worth of cocaine from an undercover sheriff's deputy. His 2009 cocaine arrest resulted in two felony trafficking charges.

Sounds like some real nice people. Stay away from criminal activity and you are safe.

Yes look at the family of these people. Deeply in crime. Drug dealers. This couple wasn't randomly home invaded.

1) the attackers did not use guns....killed one man, put a woman in the hospital

2) defenders did not use a gun....one killed the other hospitalized from attack by group of attackers

Well...in a sense...since when you are attacked by a violent criminal you are indeed a participant in "criminal activity"....as the victim.......so if you are a victim of a violent criminal...you need a gun.....the best tool to survive the encounter......

So you admit you are making it up. Thanks. Kleck says most defenders are involved in criminal activity.

Well...in a sense...since when you are attacked by a violent criminal you are indeed a participant in "criminal activity"....as the victim.......so if you are a victim of a violent criminal...you need a gun.....the best tool to survive the encounter......

Monday's criminal is Tuesday's defender.

So you admit you are making it up. Thanks. Kleck says most defenders are involved in criminal activity.

No, he said many defenders carried their guns without permits, and others may ot have met the paper work to have guns in their homes.....he did not say they were robbers, rapists, drug dealers or any sort of actual criminal....you are making that up.....

You make up the numbers brain, not me.........

"...
Deputies say they don't know if anything was taken from the home, and it's not clear yet who called 9-1-1.

Investigators have been on scene about twelve hours."'

Sounds to me like the attackers knew their victims since there was no robbery.

I don't know if you understand how long it takes for someone to break into a home and attack someone. Try less than 30 seconds because a door can be broken down in about 5-10 seconds. So we are all supposed to sleep with one eye open and a gun in our hand? Do you know how many accidental killings happen that way?

Sorry, this is a sorry-assed argument for owning a gun.

Yes defending yourself and your family from getting beat to death is a piss poor excuse to arm yourself.

Are you actually that fucking stupid?

Answer the question or STFU. Do you personally sleep with one eye open and a gun in your hand in bed in anticipation of a home invasion? (Or do you hang upside down from the rafters until dark?)

Here, let me help you, idiot. Home invasion in 6 seconds:

The 6 Second Garage Door Break-In You Can Prevent

If a person breaks into my home, I'll have more than 30 seconds to react.

You must live on the third floor of a huge house like these people.

Screen-shot-2013-12-16-at-4.18.49-PM.png

And yet this happened:

White House fence-jumper made it far deeper into building than previously known

White House fence-jumper made it far deeper into building than previously known - The Washington Post

No, he said many defenders carried their guns without permits, and others may ot have met the paper work to have guns in their homes.....he did not say they were robbers, rapists, drug dealers or any sort of actual criminal....you are making that up.....

Don't have to make anything up. Criminals are armed and in high crime areas. Of course they are the majority of defenses. Are you suggesting a criminal won't use his gone for defense? Show where any of your studies excluded criminals.

Don't have to make anything up. Criminals are armed and in high crime areas. Of course they are the majority of defenses. Are you suggesting a criminal won't use his gone for defense? Show where any of your studies excluded criminals.

brain, they are not getting reported in these studies so they are not the majority of the defenses.........you are making this up as well as other things.........

There is no incentive for a criminal to respond to an unknown person on the phone to admit to using a gun to commit a felony, since as a criminal they can't own, carry or touch a gun....and since the unknown caller has their phone number, and hence their name and address, they would be admitting to committing several felonies by using a gun for anything, including self defense......

Law abiding citizens....much less to fear from admitting to self defense with a gun....but still, there is a risk...that is why the number of actual gun use for self defense is actually higher, not lower than what these studies claim.........

brain, they are not getting reported in these studies so they are not the majority of the defenses.........you are making this up as well as other things.........

There is no incentive for a criminal to respond to an unknown person on the phone to admit to using a gun to commit a felony, since as a criminal they can't own, carry or touch a gun....and since the unknown caller has their phone number, and hence their name and address, they would be admitting to committing several felonies by using a gun for anything, including self defense......

Law abiding citizens....much less to fear from admitting to self defense with a gun....but still, there is a risk...that is why the number of actual gun use for self defense is actually higher, not lower than what these studies claim.........

Then quote from a study saying they aren't being reported. Otherwise you are just making it up.

You can conduct all the studies you want, I don't care if they conclude that 100% of the time the homeowner with a gun ends up dead from his/her own gun.

I still want the choice and the opportunity to defend my home and sanctuary with firearms if I feel the need to.

I would say that it's likely the majority of Dimocrats would agree with me on that, but it's very doubtful that liberals would.

While that might be a one off story, here is the reality.

1. Only 28% of home invasions are when people are home and only 5.7% of robberies result in some violence. Also in the study, only 20 homes out of 1,000 were burglarized from 2000 to 2007. So you have a 2% chance within 7 years of getting robbed and the numbers are even less than that where the robbery would turn into something violent.

2. However, 100 children die each year from unintentional gun incidents.

3. Having a gun in the house makes people unsafe. Women are three times more likely to be killed with a gun in the household, even when domestic abuse is not a factor. (Entire study here). When there is a gun in the house, there is a higher rate of suicide and homicide in those homes.

I know the phrase:

"Well its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

True if people weren't actually people. When you have a gun, it wields so much power. That's why men with serious issues of control love it, it makes them feel in control and they can make people do what they want. POWER!!!

However, that zeal for power leads people to do stupid things with the gun that get people killed. I don't think guns should be banned but there needs to be regulations in place to regulate the idiots who buy guns.
There is a .00004 percent chance being murdered with a firearm yet you would use that as an excuse to ban all firearms. There is a .00024 percent chance of getting injured by a firearm. yet you would deny anyone the right to own firearms.
Libs want us disarmed. That way, if Obama declares martial law and announces his 3rd term, we can't do jack shit about it. In this, liberals are transparent.

You can conduct all the studies you want, I don't care if they conclude that 100% of the time the homeowner with a gun ends up dead from his/her own gun.

I still want the choice and the opportunity to defend my home and sanctuary with firearms if I feel the need to.

I would say that it's likely the majority of Dimocrats would agree with me on that, but it's very doubtful that liberals would.
Why argue with these fucks? You're never changing their minds and we have the 2nd.

"...
Deputies say they don't know if anything was taken from the home, and it's not clear yet who called 9-1-1.

I don't know if you understand how long it takes for someone to break into a home and attack someone. Try less than 30 seconds because a door can be broken down in about 5-10 seconds. So we are all supposed to sleep with one eye open and a gun in our hand? Do you know how many accidental killings happen that way?

Yes defending yourself and your family from getting beat to death is a piss poor excuse to arm yourself.

Answer the question or STFU. Do you personally sleep with one eye open and a gun in your hand in bed in anticipation of a home invasion? (Or do you hang upside down from the rafters until dark?)

And yet this happened:

White House fence-jumper made it far deeper into building than previously known - The Washington Post

Do you really think someone will break into a home and charge directly to the bedroom? Do you think they have researched and know the layout of the house and which bedroom we sleep in, and will bypass valuable to get there quickly?

"...

And yet this happened:

No I don't live in a huge house. You're welcome to come and test my response time whenever you feel man enough.

"...
If defense against a home invasion that results in murder and assault is not a legitimate argument for owning a gun, what is?

I don't think it was a random home invasion. Most crimes committed involve people that know each other.

And even then, like I said, you have to sleep with one eye open and a gun in your hand? Better to reinforce your home than accidentally shoot a family member if things in your personal life are that bad.

The only reason to reinforce the home is to give you more time to prepare your firearm and yourself.
It's not like reaching the nightstand will take more than a second but I would like a few extra seconds to get in a good firing position.

"...
If defense against a home invasion that results in murder and assault is not a legitimate argument for owning a gun, what is?

I don't think it was a random home invasion. Most crimes committed involve people that know each other.

And even then, like I said, you have to sleep with one eye open and a gun in your hand? Better to reinforce your home than accidentally shoot a family member if things in your personal life are that bad.

The only reason to reinforce the home is to give you more time to prepare your firearm and yourself.
It's not like reaching the nightstand will take more than a second but I would like a few extra seconds to get in a good firing position.

How many times have you had to defend your home? Are you closely related to criminals like this couple?

Forum List

Back