Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though...

Poor 2a. Self-condemned to relentlessly beating his little fearmonger comic book drum in hopes of making the world into the comic book.

What a sad, pathetic existence...

:itsok:
Not quite as bad as pretending it could never happen

Just ask Dr Petit of CT whose wife and girls were raped beaten and burned alive by home invaders

See...the typical response by anti gunners here no USE is that neither they nor their immediate family have ever been victims of violent crime....hence there is no need for people to have guns.....

they believe all those stories we relate to them are fairy tales.....just made up.....

and that story about that family is one of thousands that happen every year....
It is rare. And then we have the zimmermans and that guy in Detroit who blew away that black girl when she simply knocked on his door.

You gunnys seem to be pussy victims. No wonder you need so many guns. You're like the rape victim who takes karate.

Funny, you don't seem to be the type who is mathematically illiterate. But I guess one can never tell.
What I say?

Poor 2a. Self-condemned to relentlessly beating his little fearmonger comic book drum in hopes of making the world into the comic book.

Just ask Dr Petit of CT whose wife and girls were raped beaten and burned alive by home invaders

See...the typical response by anti gunners here no USE is that neither they nor their immediate family have ever been victims of violent crime....hence there is no need for people to have guns.....

they believe all those stories we relate to them are fairy tales.....just made up.....

It is rare. And then we have the zimmermans and that guy in Detroit who blew away that black girl when she simply knocked on his door.

You gunnys seem to be pussy victims. No wonder you need so many guns. You're like the rape victim who takes karate.

I have two friends who have used guns to defend themselves.

In the one case, the man was riding his bicycle and was jumped by two guys. Two to one odds, attacking with surprise and position? Hardly a pussy move to come up with a gun.

THe other? The man was getting into his truck when approached by a pack of urban yoots, who told him he looked like Rodney King.

5 to 1 odds? If not more so. Hardly a pussy move to pull a gun.
Ive had shit like this happen and WISH I had a gun. But also glad I didn't because I got out of it without having to shoot someone.

My uncle shot at some yoots once. Cost him $20k to walk.

Funny, you don't seem to be the type who is mathematically illiterate. But I guess one can never tell.
What I say?

You calling gun owners pussies when there are so few homicides by legal gun owners. If you want to talk about rare, there are less than 10k gun murders and fewer than 700 accidental shooting deaths each year. And there are over 65 million gun owners and 11 million concealed carry permits. That means that, if all those were by legal gun owners, it would still be only 0.0015% of legal gun owners responsible for a gun murder or accidental shooting death. Even if we blamed both gun murders and accidental shooting deaths on people with a CCW permit, it would still be only 0.088% of the people with permits.

In other words, very, very, very rare.

And no, taking responsibility for the protection of yourself and your family is not being a pussy.

In the one case, the man was riding his bicycle and was jumped by two guys. Two to one odds, attacking with surprise and position? Hardly a pussy move to come up with a gun.

THe other? The man was getting into his truck when approached by a pack of urban yoots, who told him he looked like Rodney King.

Ive had shit like this happen and WISH I had a gun. But also glad I didn't because I got out of it without having to shoot someone.

Really? You were attacked by 5 guys?

That's terrible.

My buddy merely showed them his pistol, and they went off to find some other white guy to beat. It was during the Rodney King riots.

Didn't cost him anything to walk away, and he wasn't beaten to death/gr

You were attacked by 5 guys? That's terrible.

My buddy just showed them his pistol and they left to find some other white guy to beat (it was during the Rodney King riots).

It cost him nothing and he wasn't badly beaten or killed.

I assume at 5 to 1 odds, he would have lost if he attempted to defend himself merely with his fists.

Would you call that being a "pussy"?

What I say?

You calling gun owners pussies when there are so few homicides by legal gun owners. If you want to talk about rare, there are less than 10k gun murders and fewer than 700 accidental shooting deaths each year. And there are over 65 million gun owners and 11 million concealed carry permits. That means that, if all those were by legal gun owners, it would still be only 0.0015% of legal gun owners responsible for a gun murder or accidental shooting death. Even if we blamed both gun murders and accidental shooting deaths on people with a CCW permit, it would still be only 0.088% of the people with permits.

In other words, very, very, very rare.

And no, taking responsibility for the protection of yourself and your family is not being a pussy.
Fair nuff. I got guns I get you.

Why the Violence Policy Center is not a good source...

Jim Clark More guns less crime or more guns more crime TahoeDailyTribune.com

There is little information publicly available on who manages the Violence Prevention Center and where their funding comes from.

The Crime Prevention Research Center has a very distinguished board of academic experts and has a policy of not accepting donations from the National Rifle Association or other gun lobbies so based on that alone their position seems more tenable.

Really? You were attacked by 5 guys?

That's terrible.

My buddy merely showed them his pistol, and they went off to find some other white guy to beat. It was during the Rodney King riots.

Didn't cost him anything to walk away, and he wasn't beaten to death/gr

You were attacked by 5 guys? That's terrible.

My buddy just showed them his pistol and they left to find some other white guy to beat (it was during the Rodney King riots).

It cost him nothing and he wasn't badly beaten or killed.

I assume at 5 to 1 odds, he would have lost if he attempted to defend himself merely with his fists.

Would you call that being a "pussy"?
See that's what I would do if I felt threatened. My hand would be on my gun.

I got sucker punched once and I'll never let a guy I'm arguing with that close ever again. I've actually got in fights because I wouldn't go chest to chest or nose to nose and argue. Stay your distance. I hate being in Detroit and being approached by street hustlers. What if they ever have a gun? I need a ccw.

I wish I didn't need a ccw to carry my handgun. Its so small I could put it in my pocket.

While that might be a one off story, here is the reality.

1. Only 28% of home invasions are when people are home and only 5.7% of robberies result in some violence. Also in the study, only 20 homes out of 1,000 were burglarized from 2000 to 2007. So you have a 2% chance within 7 years of getting robbed and the numbers are even less than that where the robbery would turn into something violent.

2. However, 100 children die each year from unintentional gun incidents.

3. Having a gun in the house makes people unsafe. Women are three times more likely to be killed with a gun in the household, even when domestic abuse is not a factor. (Entire study here). When there is a gun in the house, there is a higher rate of suicide and homicide in those homes.

I know the phrase:

"Well its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

True if people weren't actually people. When you have a gun, it wields so much power. That's why men with serious issues of control love it, it makes them feel in control and they can make people do what they want. POWER!!!

However, that zeal for power leads people to do stupid things with the gun that get people killed. I don't think guns should be banned but there needs to be regulations in place to regulate the idiots who buy guns.
There is a .00004 percent chance being murdered with a firearm yet you would use that as an excuse to ban all firearms. There is a .00024 percent chance of getting injured by a firearm. yet you would deny anyone the right to own firearms.

Since you fail at reading comprehension, here is my exact words from the post:

"I don't think guns should be banned but there needs to be regulations in place to regulate the idiots who buy guns."

So I said I don't believe guns should be banned, but in your feeble mind, you thought it read "All GUNS should be banned"

Um no. Just stating the obvious. There is a high correlation that the gun you buy for home protection will likely be used on you or your family in some form than on an actual home invader.

1. Only 28% of home invasions are when people are home and only 5.7% of robberies result in some violence. Also in the study, only 20 homes out of 1,000 were burglarized from 2000 to 2007. So you have a 2% chance within 7 years of getting robbed and the numbers are even less than that where the robbery would turn into something violent.

3. Having a gun in the house makes people unsafe. Women are three times more likely to be killed with a gun in the household, even when domestic abuse is not a factor. (Entire study here). When there is a gun in the house, there is a higher rate of suicide and homicide in those homes.

I know the phrase:

True if people weren't actually people. When you have a gun, it wields so much power. That's why men with serious issues of control love it, it makes them feel in control and they can make people do what they want. POWER!!!

However, that zeal for power leads people to do stupid things with the gun that get people killed. I don't think guns should be banned but there needs to be regulations in place to regulate the idiots who buy guns.
There is a .00004 percent chance being murdered with a firearm yet you would use that as an excuse to ban all firearms. There is a .00024 percent chance of getting injured by a firearm. yet you would deny anyone the right to own firearms.

"I don't think guns should be banned but there needs to be regulations in place to regulate the idiots who buy guns."

So I said I don't believe guns should be banned, but in your feeble mind, you thought it read "All GUNS should be banned"

Um no. Just stating the obvious. There is a high correlation that the gun you buy for home protection will likely be used on you or your family in some form than on an actual home invader.

actually, there is far more correlation to family violence and death with drug and alcohol abuse, criminal activity and previous domestic violence....avoid those and owning a gun isn't a problem.........

and the idea you are more likely to be killed with your gun...more anti gun nut propaganda....

Nine Myths Of Gun Control

* Myth #5 The "Friends and Family fallacy"
It is common for the public health advocates of gun bans to claim that most murders are of "friends and family". The medical literature includes many such false claims, that "most [murderers] would be considered law abiding citizens prior to their pulling the trigger" [9]and "most shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for protection." [10]
Not only do the data show that acquaintance and domestic homicide are a minority of homicides, [11] but the FBI's definition of acquaintance and domestic homicide requires only that the murderer knew or was related to the decedent. That dueling drug dealers are acquainted does not make them "friends". Over three- quarters of murderers have long histories of violence against not only their enemies and other "acquaintances," but also against their relatives. [12,13,14,15] Oddly, medical authors have no difficulty recognizing the violent histories of murderers when the topic is not gun control - "A history of violence is the best predictor of violence." [16] The perpetrators of acquaintance and domestic homicide are overwhelmingly vicious aberrants with long histories of violence inflicted upon those close to them. This reality belies the imagery of "friends and family" murdering each other in fits of passion simply because a gun was present "in the home."

I know the phrase:

No there is not. The only thing the correlation shows is the number of deaths of criminals versus homeowners (counting shootings by homeowner, by criminals, in suicides and accidental shootings). The overwhelming majority (above 99%) of all privately owned firearms will never be used in any killing. And the overwhelming majority of gun owners (again, above 99%) will never kill anyone at all. And the majority of the times it IS the homeowner's gun is used to kill the homeowner or someone in his family, someone did something blatantly stupid.

I know the phrase:

No there isn't I provided the percentages the percentage chance of being shot are so small as to be insignificant.

"Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though..."

At least you're consistent at being an idiot.

And given the response by many others on the right, you're not alone.

All of the left wingers commenting on this board live in gated communities where there are armed guards and big walls.

So, they will of course have no idea.

"Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though..."

Can't be denied that there are libs here on the board that want guns banned.

..Americans manage to use guns 1.6 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives..

Took way to long to trot out this gun fantasy again. 1.6 million eh? 4,384 gun stops each and every single day of the year? You live in a fantasy world dude. Prove what you say. With at least a report on a thousand of those DGU's.
From yesterday.

Don't forget, in a Progressive Utopia, the police come and shoot everyone
Except the blacks -- a police officer can never have a legitimate need to shoot a black person.

Yet they do it all the time and with impunity, unless you hadn't noticed. Let me know when the police officers who shot Eric Garner, Michael Brown and Tamir Rice go to jail....dumbass.
It's your opinion that thugs should be allowed to kill us without interference? That seems to be your argument.

Clayton.....the nurses are looking for you....go back to your room and start coloring in your coloring book....if they catch you wandering around again, no cartoons for you....

..Americans manage to use guns 1.6 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives..

Took way to long to trot out this gun fantasy again. 1.6 million eh? 4,384 gun stops each and every single day of the year? You live in a fantasy world dude. Prove what you say. With at least a report on a thousand of those DGU's.
From yesterday.

Here are the actual studies on gun use and self defense...conducted over 40 years, by both public and private researchers and many of those researchers are anti gun......

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1993...1,621,377

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

NCVS (National Crime Victimization Survey)....108,000

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000

Although the couple appeared to live a quiet, family-oriented life, men believed to be their relatives have extended rap sheets.

Court records show Sabitree Bhagwandin was named as a third-party custodian in a 2008 case titled "U.S.A. v. Bhagwandin." That case involved a Vishwanand Bhagwandin, who was arrested for allegedly selling cocaine between May and September of 2008. The relationship between Sabitree and Vishwanand is unclear.

Vishwanand Bhagwandin, 38, appears more than a dozen times in the Lee Clerk of Court case database, including a 1999 case for multiple counts of drug trafficking.

Another Bhagwandin, Shradhanand, was arrested in 2009 after he allegedly bought $25,000 worth of cocaine from an undercover sheriff's deputy. His 2009 cocaine arrest resulted in two felony trafficking charges.

Sounds like some real nice people. Stay away from criminal activity and you are safe.

Forum List

Back