Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though...

99% of the gun owners in this country can barely shoot a paper target at 30 feet. And that's a STILL paper target, not an attacker moving 30 feet in 3 seconds. I come from a family of certified sharp-shooters. So this is not just my humble opinion.

It's pure fantasy that simply owning a gun will insure your safety. The chances are great of misfiring or not getting to your gun at all and also shooting someone by accident, sort of like Dick Cheney did a few years ago when he shot his friend in the face. Remember that? No? Oh gee......

That is why Joe Biden said it's best to own a sawed-off shotgun. No pointing necessary. No skills necessary. He's not as nutty as you think.

Where is your evidence that 99% of the gun owners in this country can barely shoot a paper target at 30 feet"?

You have to do better than just spout off nonsense.

Misfiring is rare, if you come from a family of sharpshooters like you claim, though I doubt, ask them.

You're not offering up anything to offset my point, now are you?

Have you ever been to a shooting range? I have. And it's nice because for handguns you get to put the ear protectors on, lean forward, place both hands on the muzzle, place your feet apart, lean forward, balance, aim and shoot.....at a non-moving target. And even then most people never hit the bullseye because of kick-back.

Go back to your crib, child.

I go to a shooting range a couple of times a month. Most of the people I see are easily hitting the target at between 10 & 25 yards. I know damn well that I can hit someone at the range they will be in my home.

99% of the gun owners in this country can barely shoot a paper target at 30 feet. And that's a STILL paper target, not an attacker moving 30 feet in 3 seconds. I come from a family of certified sharp-shooters. So this is not just my humble opinion.

It's pure fantasy that simply owning a gun will insure your safety. The chances are great of misfiring or not getting to your gun at all and also shooting someone by accident, sort of like Dick Cheney did a few years ago when he shot his friend in the face. Remember that? No? Oh gee......

That is why Joe Biden said it's best to own a sawed-off shotgun. No pointing necessary. No skills necessary. He's not as nutty as you think.
^^^^^proof of stupidity from libtards.

Where is your evidence that 99% of the gun owners in this country can barely shoot a paper target at 30 feet"?

Misfiring is rare, if you come from a family of sharpshooters like you claim, though I doubt, ask them.

Have you ever been to a shooting range? I have. And it's nice because for handguns you get to put the ear protectors on, lean forward, place both hands on the muzzle, place your feet apart, lean forward, balance, aim and shoot.....at a non-moving target. And even then most people never hit the bullseye because of kick-back.

^^^^^^more stupid libtard stuff.

There is zero percent factual information in this post and we are all that much dumber having read it.

Last edited:
Liberals are happy the grandparents didn't have the opportunity to defend themselves with a gun.

While that might be a one off story, here is the reality.

1. Only 28% of home invasions are when people are home and only 5.7% of robberies result in some violence. Also in the study, only 20 homes out of 1,000 were burglarized from 2000 to 2007. So you have a 2% chance within 7 years of getting robbed and the numbers are even less than that where the robbery would turn into something violent.

2. However, 100 children die each year from unintentional gun incidents.

3. Having a gun in the house makes people unsafe. Women are three times more likely to be killed with a gun in the household, even when domestic abuse is not a factor. (Entire study here). When there is a gun in the house, there is a higher rate of suicide and homicide in those homes.

I know the phrase:

"Well its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

True if people weren't actually people. When you have a gun, it wields so much power. That's why men with serious issues of control love it, it makes them feel in control and they can make people do what they want. POWER!!!

However, that zeal for power leads people to do stupid things with the gun that get people killed. I don't think guns should be banned but there needs to be regulations in place to regulate the idiots who buy guns.

You lost me at The Violence Policy Center.....if they did the study it is crap......

And suicide doesn't count......and murder in the home....more important factors are illegal activity in the home, alcohol and drug abuse and domestic violence.......

And fewer children would die from gun accidents if the anti gun nuts would allow gun safety education in schools...which they fight.....

And each year, on average, Americans use guns 1.6 million times to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.......

And with over 320 million guns in private hands, and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection...guns are a positive for those who need them......

For you....Americans manage to use guns 1.6 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives......and there are only 6-700 accidental gun deaths....and that in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense......seems to me that the average American, under intense pressure during a violent encounter does extremely well at stopping these monsters........

I know...I know...you guys would prefer they get killed....better for your anti gun agenda....

Well, considering most defensive shootings occur under 10 ft. they do really well......1.6 million times a year.....and it is your opinion because story after story proves you wrong.....

And who said just owning a gun will insure your safety....that is what you anti gun nuts hear, not what we ever say....a gun is one tool in a self defense strategy, alarms, dogs, and locks on entry points are the big ones....after of course situational awareness........

Then....when the animal passes through that.....you have the best tool to deal with a larger, stronger, more aggressive, armed attacker or multiple attackers....nothing else...nothing else can match the gun for that effectiveness.......

And you are nuts....you obviously have no idea about using a gun in self defense if you are quoting that idiot joe biden......

"...
Deputies say they don't know if anything was taken from the home, and it's not clear yet who called 9-1-1.
Investigators have been on scene about twelve hours."'
Sounds to me like the attackers knew their victims since there was no robbery.
I don't know if you understand how long it takes for someone to break into a home and attack someone. Try less than 30 seconds because a door can be broken down in about 5-10 seconds. So we are all supposed to sleep with one eye open and a gun in our hand? Do you know how many accidental killings happen that way?
Sorry, this is a sorry-assed argument for owning a gun.
If defense against a home invasion that results in murder and assault is not a legitimate argument for owning a gun, what is?

I don't think it was a random home invasion. Most crimes committed involve people that know each other.

And even then, like I said, you have to sleep with one eye open and a gun in your hand? Better to reinforce your home than accidentally shoot a family member if things in your personal life are that bad.

Or even better, have a gun in your nightstand and be able to grab it before the bad guys take 5-10 seconds to kick in your door, then find their way to your bedroom in the dark. Mine is in a lockbox that opens in less than a second.

My lock box is not quite that fast. It would take me longer.

But I'm sleep the second floor, as does my wife and child. Intruder would have to come up a narrow stairwell to directly threaten us.

Oh, and my wife would have a gun too, FYI.

Poor 2a. Self-condemned to relentlessly beating his little fearmonger comic book drum in hopes of making the world into the comic book.

What a sad, pathetic existence...

:itsok:
Not quite as bad as pretending it could never happen

Just ask Dr Petit of CT whose wife and girls were raped beaten and burned alive by home invaders

See...the typical response by anti gunners here no USE is that neither they nor their immediate family have ever been victims of violent crime....hence there is no need for people to have guns.....

they believe all those stories we relate to them are fairy tales.....just made up.....

and that story about that family is one of thousands that happen every year....

How long did it take the police to get there?

It doesn't say....it does say it happened after 11 p.m. And it was a group of attackers........
I've asked my dad if he'd like to keep my 5 shot darringer 22, basically a noise maker and he said no.

I'd rather he not have one. He's dealing with my sick mom and I could see him using it on himself if anything ever happens to her.

Poor 2a. Self-condemned to relentlessly beating his little fearmonger comic book drum in hopes of making the world into the comic book.

Just ask Dr Petit of CT whose wife and girls were raped beaten and burned alive by home invaders

See...the typical response by anti gunners here no USE is that neither they nor their immediate family have ever been victims of violent crime....hence there is no need for people to have guns.....

they believe all those stories we relate to them are fairy tales.....just made up.....

It is rare. And then we have the zimmermans and that guy in Detroit who blew away that black girl when she simply knocked on his door.

You gunnys seem to be pussy victims. No wonder you need so many guns. You're like the rape victim who takes karate.

It is rare. And then we have the zimmermans and that guy in Detroit who blew away that black girl when she simply knocked on his door.

You gunnys seem to be pussy victims. No wonder you need so many guns. You're like the rape victim who takes karate.

Funny, you don't seem to be the type who is mathematically illiterate. But I guess one can never tell.

How long did it take the police to get there?

It doesn't say....it does say it happened after 11 p.m. And it was a group of attackers........
I've asked my dad if he'd like to keep my 5 shot darringer 22, basically a noise maker and he said no.

I'd rather he not have one. He's dealing with my sick mom and I could see him using it on himself if anything ever happens to her.

And that's fine, he can choose to not own. My problem is there are members here who don't want me to have the same luxury of choosing. They want guns banned in the hands of civilians.

I have two friends who have used guns to defend themselves.

In the one case, the man was riding his bicycle and was jumped by two guys. Two to one odds, attacking with surprise and position? Hardly a pussy move to come up with a gun.

THe other? The man was getting into his truck when approached by a pack of urban yoots, who told him he looked like Rodney King.

5 to 1 odds? If not more so. Hardly a pussy move to pull a gun.

Only a tiny percentage of gun owners will ever gun someone down.

Forum List

Back