Home schooling parents tasered, pepper-sprayed, children taken

Doing better on standardized testing does not mean that a student can critically think or that s/he is aware of one's own confirmation bias.

That applies to all students not just home schooled students so all that being equal home school kids still outscore public school kids

Doing better on standardized testing does not mean that a student can critically think or that s/he is aware of one's own confirmation bias.
It's also a false comparison.
How so?
a select group of students with stable family life and caring parents versus everyone else

the homeschooled children that do well would do well in public schools
Prove it
can you prove they do better by virtue of being home schooled?

My next door neighbor is an active duty Air Force colonel, a pediatrician and a Flight Surgeon. His wife was a school teacher who now home schools their 4 kids, ages 7-16. All 4 of the kids are very well educated and all of them will probably get academic scholarships or will attend a military academy. Another neighbor is a high school principal and his 3 kids are home schooled by his wife, another former teacher. A third neighbor is a retired Army LTC and his home schooled daughter is a West Point graduate and a full Colonel who is on the General's list. 'Nuff said.

My next door neighbor is an active duty Air Force colonel, a pediatrician and a Flight Surgeon. His wife was a school teacher who now home schools their 4 kids, ages 7-16. All 4 of the kids are very well educated and all of them will probably get academic scholarships or will attend a military academy. Another neighbor is a high school principal and his 3 kids are home schooled by his wife, another former teacher. A third neighbor is a retired Army LTC and his home schooled daughter is a West Point graduate and a full Colonel who is on the General's list. 'Nuff said.
Enough said for very well schooled, professional, and motivated parents.

That applies to all students not just home schooled students so all that being equal home school kids still outscore public school kids
Prove it. I suspect you don't critically think.
Well since you are basing your assertion on one of your professor friend's opinion I think it's up to you to prove your assertion

Where is his scientific study proving his theory or is it just his own confirmation bias talking?

How so?
a select group of students with stable family life and caring parents versus everyone else

Prove it

You said yourself one on one instruction is always better than one teacher for a large class
So yes the home schooled kids have an obvious advantage

Well since you are basing your assertion on one of your professor friend's opinion I think it's up to you to prove your assertion

Where is his scientific study proving his theory or is it just his own confirmation bias talking?
You are the one leading with confirmation bias, it seems, so this is for you:

12645242_10154566684806393_7166372040024143022_n.jpg

You are the one leading with confirmation bias, it seems, so this is for you:

12645242_10154566684806393_7166372040024143022_n.jpg

I'm not the one basing my arguments on the opinion of one person

How so?

Prove it

You said yourself one on one instruction is always better than one teacher for a large class
i actually didn't say that.

although i do agree that small group or one on one tutoring is beneficial.

so why can't a parent that would homeschool supplement their child's education after school hours?

Prove it

so why can't a parent that would homeschool supplement their child's education after school hours?

Why should they when they can teach their own kids the right way first and not have to do the public school teacher's job too?

There is no downside to home schooling so why subject your kids to public school?

Prove it

Why should they when they can teach their own kids the right way first and not have to do the public school teacher's job too?

There is no downside to home schooling so why subject your kids to public school?
There are plenty of downsides to homeschooling.

don't get me wrong, can be done right and often is. it's not magic though, it's just involved parents in a stable environment, something those kids would have had no matter where they went to school

don't get me wrong, can be done right and often is. it's not magic though, it's just involved parents in a stable environment, something those kids would have had no matter where they went to school

Yeah all kinds of downsides

Reading above grade level, kicking ass academically, free to pursue more varied coursework than in public school, free to learn in the real world as opposed to a regimented factory style public school

all that just is terrible for kids

Reading above grade level, kicking ass academically, free to pursue more varied coursework than in public school, free to learn in the real world as opposed to a regimented factory style public school

nothing about homeschooling makes a kid read above grade level.

No just most home schooled kids seem to

I wonder why that is

I wonder why that is
involved parents that read to them as a child.

I wonder why that is
involved parents that read to them as a child.

By definition home schooling parents are involved obviously more so than the parents of public school kids another upside

Skull is citing himself as self-evident proof after posting a self-serving article created by home schooling professionals.

Duh.

Forum List

Back