Home With Ankle Bracelet and $25K Bond After Shooting 14 People

Well the judge's hands may have been tied by the prosecutor not filing the additional charges, but defenses are generally irrelevant to arraignments and bond hearings, particularly for a possession charge. You either had it or you didn't and you had the permit or you didn't. Not often a lot of gray area there.

No, but I don't know that it even got to a prosecutor yet. Police can't arrest you without a charge. They charge you upon arrest, it goes to a prosecutor for official charges, and in the meantime, a bail hearing. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that's my understanding of the process.

Did any of you read the story? The linked story?

Price's attorney, South Carolina state Rep. Todd Rutherford, claims that his client acted in self-defense.

"It was unprovoked by him. He called the police, turned himself in, turned over the firearm that was used in this, and gave a statement to the Columbia Police Department," Rutherford said after the bond hearing, according to WIS. "That is why he got a $25,000 bond."

After all the hysterics. This guy turned himself in. Provided the gun to the cops, and is claiming self defense in a statement to the cops.

No. You didn’t read the story. All you did was see a black guy and assume he was a criminal.

Jackasses.

Good point. They might have him confused with another person that shot 14 people. Read the OP. He's claiming self-defense.
I did read the OP and that's the point. Have they established how many shooters there were? Have they established if he shot all 14 people yet, has there been a ballistic test done on his weapon? All of these things come into question and how do you know he wasn't trying to defend himself?

I did read the OP and that's the point. Have they established how many shooters there were? Have they established if he shot all 14 people yet, has there been a ballistic test done on his weapon? All of these things come into question and how do you know he wasn't trying to defend himself?

How completely stupid was that statement. How do I know it wasn't in self-defense? Training. When somebody is shooting, nobody thinks of attacking that person with a gun. I've yet to read a case where a person was ever attacked by 14 people. If 14 people were ever to attack me, I guarantee you once they hear that gun, they're heading in the other direction.

The article stated he shot 14 people, not killed them, meaning at least some if not all of the victims gave their account of what happened.

By suing you for a lot of money.
I doubt the lawsuit would go in his favor though especially if being arrested caused him to miss hours. People in charge of a business do have the right to fire people who do not show up to their jobs and it may not even matter why they are not there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No, but I don't know that it even got to a prosecutor yet. Police can't arrest you without a charge. They charge you upon arrest, it goes to a prosecutor for official charges, and in the meantime, a bail hearing. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that's my understanding of the process.

police at least in my area only charge you with what they personally see you do. If they see you kill someone, they can charge you with murder. If they don't see it, then it is up to the prosecutor to bring the charge based on whatever evidence can be gathered.

I was watching Tucker this morning (I DVR everything I watch) and he put a picture of the judge that gave this guy such a small bail and permission to even go to work. Black female.

I wonder what the outrage would be if it was a white judge giving a white suspect a $25,000 bail for shooting 14 people with work privileges.

Forum List

Back