Homeschooling On The Rise??

Home schooling is a great option for many parents. You get to control all the information your children are subjected to and they don't have to go to school with negroes or poor people

More demonizing and racism from a leftist fool.

Lets cut to the chase..

Homeschool parents declare....I am such a great parent, I homeschool my child because I want my child to receive the best education possible

In reality, they homeschool because they are afraid their child may be exposed to ideas the parents don't support and "God forbid" they are exposed to negroes, gays, hispanics, poor kids, atheists and even worse......liberals

You never cut to the chase. You can't help it due to your overwhelming ignorance and left wing brainwashing...

Home schooling is a great option for many parents. You get to control all the information your children are subjected to and they don't have to go to school with negroes or poor people

More demonizing and racism from a leftist fool.

Lets cut to the chase..

Homeschool parents declare....I am such a great parent, I homeschool my child because I want my child to receive the best education possible

In reality, they homeschool because they are afraid their child may be exposed to ideas the parents don't support and "God forbid" they are exposed to negroes, gays, hispanics, poor kids, atheists and even worse......liberals

1. By all metrics, homeschooled students do better than government school grads.
Let's begin with that fact.
So...which is better for America....homeschooling or government schooling?

2. Unlike you Liberals, I don't believe in 'thought crime.'
So....arguendo, let's say that you are correct about the reasons for parents choosing homeschooling.....
....so what?

Didn't you learn anything from your predecessors in the Soviet Union organizing re-education camps...their version of government schools?

Which is better for America, an educated electorate, or automatons who 'think' what you want them to think?

3. On Wednesday, June 6, 1928 the Oxford English Dictionary was completed. In The Meaning of Everything, Simon Winchester discusses the English of the time as follows:
“The English establishment of the day might be rightly derided at this remove as having been class-ridden and imperialist, bombastic and blimpish, racist and insouciant- but it was marked undeniably also by a sweeping erudition and confidence, and it was peopled by men and women who felt they were able to know all, to understand much, and in consequence to radiate the wisdom of deep learning.”

4. Having a poor opinion of other folks is hardly the worst thing, and far less odious than being uneducated.
I accept your opinion of conservatives, and simply recognize that you are wrong.

Homeschool parents get to control every aspect of their childs life. What they learn, who they can interact with, what they are exposed to

Little Jimmies friends are carefully selected for him. He has no free time where he can interact with children of his choice or hear ideas that his parents don't suppport.

The local school is filled with negroes, hispanics, jews, atheists and poor kids. They are a bad influence on little Jimmy

That is why Jimmy is home schooled

Homeschool parents get to control every aspect of their childs life. What they learn, who they can interact with, what they are exposed to

Little Jimmies friends are carefully selected for him. He has no free time where he can interact with children of his choice or hear ideas that his parents don't suppport.

The local school is filled with negroes, hispanics, jews, atheists and poor kids. They are a bad influence on little Jimmy

You're simply repeating your earlier defamations.

Answer my question, or admit that critical thinking is not part of the Liberal makeup.

Having coached over 50 rec teams over a 20 year span I had a lot of home schooled kids. My thoughts and experience with them are the majority are far ahead of the public schools in all areas of academic study, especially in math, science and reading. I had a few that were just the opposite. Some parents keep their kids out of the public schools because they believe the kids are being taught things that are opposite what their religion teaches and then go to the extreme on it. I had one kid in particular that was an all star football player. Neighborhood kid with a mother gone nuts on religion. Home "schooled" from an on line course I do not know how got approved here but this is the Bible Belt. "Gary" was a good kid but sheltered and was as dumb as a brick academically because his mother did not really care as long as Gary did not have to go to the evil school and be indoctrinated. Real story was she was sheltering Gary and could care less about his education. Tens of thousands of home schooled kids are this way. Gary eventually got away from his mother as his parents divorced and the father took him. He went to the high school and excelled after a few years on and off the football field. We have had a real problem with their court fights also wanting use after hours of all public school facilities such as sports fields, chemistry lab, libraries, etc. and have won every fight. The lack of social interaction often hurts these kids but I see them as a whole far better educated out of high school than the norm and that, after all is said is done, is the most important thing. Academics is where it is at and even more so now if you do play ball because few colleges and universities want to waste an academic scholarship on someone that will not be eligible the next year.

I would generally agree with that, but the problem with "this kid was home schooled and is stupid" is that, have you been in the public schools? There are just as many, if not more, really really stupid kids in public schools.

I keep going back to when I was in 11th grade, and met a kid from the inner city schools who asked me how to do a basic division problem..... like 5 divided by 2...... ON HIS CALCULATOR. He didn't know to do the division problem on his calculator.

Now we had a few, very few, students like that at my suburban school, but that's why they were 18 and still in 9th grade.

Here we had a kid in 11th grade, who still couldn't do basic division, even WITH a calculator.

So my thinking on the matter is this....

There are three parts to successful education.
1. the individual student.
2. the parents of the student.
3. the education system the student is in.

If the individual student does not have the ability, or simply refuses to engage in learning, nothing else matters.

You take that stupid homeschool kid who refuses to, or is unable to learn, and put him in a public school, all you are doing is dumping millions of dollars into a kid who still won't learn.

I'd rather he be homeschool, and cost the tax payers nothing.

You take that stupid homeschool kid, whose parents don't care about education, and put him in a public school, and all you are doing is dumping millions of dollars into a kids who doesn't care to learn, because his parents don't care to learn.

I've talked about my sister, stay at home mother of 5. After her first, she got those 'early reading books' and spent a whooping 1 hour a day, teaching her son to read. By the time he started school, he was 4 grade levels ahead in reading. To this day, now 6 years later, he's still top of his class in reading.

Just having a mother who is willing to put her career aside (she worked before becoming a housewife), and putting in minimal effort into teaching her kids, has made a MASSIVE impact on their education levels.

So it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that home schooled kids on average out perform their publicly educated peers.

Answer my question, or admit that critical thinking is not part of the Liberal makeup.

Actually, I think that moron is the bad influences parents are trying to keep Jimmy away from. That level of stupid, rubs off.

You had a question hidden in all that cut and paste?

I accept that your refusal to answer the question is based on how it eviscerates your Liberal slanders.

I accept that your refusal to answer the question is based on how it eviscerates your Liberal slanders.

All I saw was a bunch of unrelated rambling.....if there was a point to your madness or any coherent question, I didn't bother to try to find it

All I saw was a bunch of unrelated rambling.....if there was a point to your madness or any coherent question, I didn't bother to try to find it

Liar.

It is amazing how dumb a human being can be.

It is amazing how dumb a human being can be.

I don't think he's dumb.

Rather, he is a Liberal who regularly uses tried and true Liberal tactics, and lying is one that is accepted in that philosophy.

Alinsky taught them that we on the right are ashamed of lying, or acting in ways that we claim we oppose....

"For example, since the Haves publicly pose as the custodians of responsibility, morality, law, and justice (which are frequently strangers to each others), they can be constantly pushed to live up to their own book of morality and regulations. No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book" of rules and regulations. This is what that great revolutionary, Paul of Tarsus, knew when he wrote to the Corinthians: "Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit, for the letter killeth."
Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, P.152
Articles The Totalitarian Minority

....not true for them.
A rapist is the most popular Democrat today.

Apparently, you were not encouraged as a child to interact with others who hold opinions different from your own, or to dispassionately consume and process information about them. IOW, you're validating the opinions of many parents who choose to homeschool their children. Why would parents want their children to endure ridicule from kids who talk like you write?

Apparently, you were not encouraged as a child to interact with others who hold opinions different from your own, or to dispassionately consume and process information about them. IOW, you're validating the opinions of many parents who choose to homeschool their children. Why would parents want their children to endure ridicule from kids who talk like you write?

I interacted with many children and many teachers who had different opinions. I dealt with kids of different races, nationalities, religions, economic stature. I interacted with kids from throughout the US. I also dealt with bullies, racists, druggies, jocks, nerds, homosexuals, liberals, conservatives, atheists and fundamentalists

I learned to take in information from a wide range of sources and form my own opinions

Home school kids don't get that opportunity

I interacted with many children and many teachers who had different opinions. I dealt with kids of different races, nationalities, religions, economic stature. I interacted with kids from throughout the US. I also dealt with bullies, racists, druggies, jocks, nerds, homosexuals, liberals, conservatives, atheists and fundamentalists

I learned to take in information from a wide range of sources and form my own opinions

Another fabrication.

Total BS. Home schooled kids are in co-ops, get to travel and see things that government schooled kids don't, because their families can pack up and go whenever they want to and take school with them. They don't get bullied at school, they don't see their class mates or teachers get assaulted at school, they don't have peer pressure pushing them into sexual or drug experimentation at school.

You post like someone who never learned how to interact in an adult world, with respect for his/her peers. Again, why would parents want their children to be harassed by kids with attitudes like yours? Until home schooled kids stop outperforming government schooled kids by such wide margins, you really have little to complain about.

Another fabrication.

Why anyone would think it is better to stuff a kid into a room with 30 other kids whose highest priority is to be anywhere but there and a teacher whose highest priority is to make all of them sit still and be quiet for an hour is beyond me.

Another fabrication.

Today's home schooled kids can join co-ops, play sports, go to social events and dances, travel with their families and see the world that's beyond the walls of the government school classroom. Why anyone would think it is superior to stuff a kid into a room with 30 other kids and a teacher whose highest priority is to make all of them sit still and be quiet for an hour is beyond me.

You are correct.

As a member of several home school groups, we use many trips, co-ops, talent shows, science fairs, etc.

Total BS. Home schooled kids are in co-ops, get to travel and see things that government schooled kids don't, because their families can pack up and go whenever they want to and take school with them. They don't get bullied at school, they don't see their class mates or teachers get assaulted at school, they don't have peer pressure pushing them into sexual or drug experimentation at school.

You post like someone who never learned how to interact in an adult world, with respect for his/her peers. Again, why would parents want their children to be harassed by kids with attitudes like yours? Until home schooled kids stop outperforming government schooled kids by such wide margins, you really have little to complain about.

Yes they do

And their social interactions are carefully monitored by their parents. Being harassed by other children is part of growing up. So is getting in an occasional fight, learning dirty words, learning about sex and hanging out with some kids who would freak your parents out.
It makes you a stronger person. It teaches you how to deal with all kinds of people. Not just those who are carefully screened and selected for you

Yes they do

And their social interactions are carefully monitored by their parents. Being harassed by other children is part of growing up. So is getting in an occasional fight, learning dirty words, learning about sex and hanging out with some kids who would freak your parents out.
It makes you a stronger person. It teaches you how to deal with all kinds of people. Not just those who are carefully screened and selected for you

Another post gleaned from the Magic 8 Ball.

Forum List

Back