Homophobic cake?

Common sense? Where is the name of the bakery so they can present their side if the story if this did happen? No name because there would be a libel action because this never happened

She says she got her money back and kept the cake.

In other words, she got a free cake.

And your getting this from where, as that is not in the OP's article?

the cake is not chocolate instead of the carrot.
and it was NOT delivered.
she supposedly saw the frosting in the bakery.

#1 You might want to read the link in the OP which is what we are discussing, it says "The cake was also chocolate, despite Sarah's request for a carrot cake because it's Lindsey's favorite flavor. "

#2 I didn't say anything about instore v. delivery. I actually read the OP's link and know it was in instore pick-up.

don't invent unexisting circumstances and stick to the story even if it is a lie :D

Maybe you should take your own advice since you just made up unexisting circumstances by stating "the cake is not chocolate instead of the carrot" which is explicitly stated in the OP's article.

>>>>

Have you ever bought a cake from a real bakery?

Yes I have as a matter of fact.

If I order a carrot cake and the hand me a chocolate one when a carrot cake was ordered and it has such a job on the icing I sure as hell wouldn't pay for it and (a) I wouldn't take the cake as it is the wrong type, (b) I wouldn't take the cake because if they write that in the icing there is no telling if they did anything else to the frosting, and (c) I'd sure as hell spread the word about the way they conduct business.

>>>>

Last edited:
She says she got her money back and kept the cake.

In other words, she got a free cake.

And your getting this from where, as that is not in the OP's article?

What the fuck do you mean it is not from the OP article?

Sarah says she opened the cake inside the shop, then immediately asked to speak with a manager upon seeing the message. Sarah says the manager apologized for the sloppy text but not for its inaccurate, homophobic content. The manager refunded Sarah's money and offered her a "less sloppy" cake but refused to address the cake's messaging, even when Sarah pressed the issue. Sarah says she declined the owner's offer for a new cake. She and her partner are planning to eat the cake tonight when they celebrate their anniversary.
If the story is accurate, she got a free cake. If she lied, she paid for the cake. Either way, take it up with her, not me.

#1 You might want to read the link in the OP which is what we are discussing, it says "The cake was also chocolate, despite Sarah's request for a carrot cake because it's Lindsey's favorite flavor. "

#2 I didn't say anything about instore v. delivery. I actually read the OP's link and know it was in instore pick-up.

Maybe you should take your own advice since you just made up unexisting circumstances by stating "the cake is not chocolate instead of the carrot" which is explicitly stated in the OP's article.

>>>>

Have you ever bought a cake from a real bakery?

Yes I have as a matter of fact.

If I order a carrot cake and the hand me a chocolate one when a carrot cake was ordered and it has such a job on the icing I sure as hell wouldn't pay for it and (a) I wouldn't take the cake as it is the wrong type, (b) I wouldn't take the cake because if they write that in the icing there is no telling if they did anything else to the frosting, and (c) I'd sure as hell spread the word about the way they conduct business.

>>>>

You wouldn't take a chocolate cake if you wanted a carrot cake. Neither would I.

You wouldn't take a cake with sloppy writing, neither would I.

Yet she says she did, and you believe her, while I don't.

Interesting, isn't it?

Last edited:
if a bakery were that bad at personalization they would't have lasted a week. Interesting she withheld her last name and the name of the bakery...

Forum List

Back