Homophobic cake?

Hatred of the other is a sign of ignorance, weak people have no other alternative emotion since they live in a limited world. "The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbors as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant of others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves." Eric Hoffer

It looks like the writing came from one of those tubes from the grocery store.

In the real world, the manager would not have refunded any money. The cake would have had the frosting scraped and refrosted.

yes. exactly. My first job was in Italian bakery and that is exactly what would happen if the decoration would be found objectionable by a customer.

A customer orders a carrot cake and you deliver a chocolate cake with messed up icing.

The customer complains and you scrape and redo the icing on a chocolate cake and give it back to the customer that ordered a carrot cake?

Is this place still in business?

>>>>

Last edited:
She took another cake home from the same bakery
I don't believe the manager wouldn't get her another cake or repair the one that freaked her out. Sounds like she got a free cake and then decided to see what else she could get out if it...notoriety and maybe some "donations" on Twitter is my bet.

#1 She ordered carrot cake and the delivered cake was chocolate.

#2 She turned down a replacement cake so it wasn't about getting a "free cake".

>>>>

Did she think she got a chocolate cake instead of a carrot cake because chocolate was a commentary of her lifestyle?

It looks like the writing came from one of those tubes from the grocery store.

In the real world, the manager would not have refunded any money. The cake would have had the frosting scraped and refrosted.

yes. exactly. My first job was in Italian bakery and that is exactly what would happen if the decoration would be found objectionable by a customer.

A customer orders a carrot cake and you deliver a chocolate cake with messed up icing.

The customer complains and you scrape and redo the icing on a chocolate cake and give it back to the customer that ordered a carrot cake?

>>>>

the cake is not chocolate instead of the carrot.
and it was NOT delivered.
she supposedly saw the frosting in the bakery.

don't invent unexisting circumstances and stick to the story even if it is a lie :D

>>>>

#1 You might want to read the link in the OP which is what we are discussing, it says "The cake was also chocolate, despite Sarah's request for a carrot cake because it's Lindsey's favorite flavor. "

#2 I didn't say anything about instore v. delivery. I actually read the OP's link and know it was in instore pick-up.

don't invent unexisting circumstances and stick to the story even if it is a lie :D

Maybe you should take your own advice since you just made up unexisting circumstances by stating "the cake is not chocolate instead of the carrot" which is explicitly stated in the OP's article.

>>>>

Last edited:
Hatred of the other is a sign of ignorance, weak people have no other alternative emotion since they live in a limited world. "The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbors as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant of others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves." Eric Hoffer

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you can't help being ignorant if you refuse to read.

Last edited:
She took another cake home from the same bakery
I don't believe the manager wouldn't get her another cake or repair the one that freaked her out. Sounds like she got a free cake and then decided to see what else she could get out if it...notoriety and maybe some "donations" on Twitter is my bet.

#1 She ordered carrot cake and the delivered cake was chocolate.

#2 She turned down a replacement cake so it wasn't about getting a "free cake".

>>>>

She says she got her money back and kept the cake.

In other words, she got a free cake.

Why would she want a replacement cake when the first cake was so shitty?

Why would she keep the first cake if it was so shitty? Especially since you can go to any bakery and walk out with a cake that actually has the words you want?

Yet, according to the story you believe, she actually kept the cake, which was the wrong flavor, and ate it for her anniversary.

Still wonder why I don't believe it?

>>>>

#1 You might want to read the link in the OP which is what we are discussing, it says "The cake was also chocolate, despite Sarah's request for a carrot cake because it's Lindsey's favorite flavor. "

#2 I didn't say anything about instore v. delivery. I actually read the OP's link and know it was in instore pick-up.

Maybe you should take your own advice since you just made up unexisting circumstances by stating "the cake is not chocolate instead of the carrot" which is explicitly stated in the OP's article.

>>>>

Have you ever bought a cake from a real bakery?

Forum List

Back