Homosexual Agenda Is Greatest Threat To Liberty

Public Accommodation laws are a Strawman and have nothing to do with marriage equality.

Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

It doesn't get more equal than that... .

Yeah, just like it was "equal" when white people could marry white people and black people could marry black people huh?

Still prevents people from marrying the consenting adult of their choice.

You really do lack brilliance. You don't know when someone is mocking you.
Keep up the good work.

:udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman:

Oh it much worse than that. obama has proven his disqualification to be President, by professing his own personal knowledge that his father was a foreign national... which axiomatically excludes him from being President.
It doesn't do anything of the kind dumbass.

Oh it much worse than that. obama has proven his disqualification to be President, by professing his own personal knowledge that his father was a foreign national... which axiomatically excludes him from being President.

At BEST, a birth cert would verify that his mother was a US Citizen. The doubt regarding the Birth Cert is that his 'Mother' adopted him. Hawaii was known to provide birth certificates for adopted foreign nationals. This served Hawaiian interests by adding to their population count, for the purposes of increasing their Federal legislative representation.

Thank you... I appreciate that, but I am not that brilliant. I just appear so, in threads where you're present.

But, it's nice of you to notice, nonetheless.

And you don't know when a person of much higher intellect is shining you on. You certainly do shine every stupid-trophy in the display case.

I remember back when Bubba was promoting "Don't Ask-Don't Tell", the discussion would inevitably turn to the inherent nature of sexual abnormality to turn toward children. Now... again this was only a generation ago... so follow me here.

But the Left would cry in heated discontent that "HOMOSEXUALS ARE NOT PEDOPHILES" and so on. But back then, even the most die-hard pro-homo rantist would generally respond with how SICK it was to even "Suggest it'... quickly following up with the reasoning that 'children are simply not mature enough to understand sex, let alone make a well founded decision to engage in such.

Today... just 6 years behind the great Homo-March to the Sea, THAT reasoning is GONE.

And THAT is why I refer to Pro-Gay as "The Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality"... because around ten years ago, I began to notice a sea change... wherein the movement began to express less and less outrage at the point that their goal was to legalize the pursuit of children for sexual gratification. They'd still deny it... but there was nothing behind the denial...much as we experienced in this thread, today.

And that all fizzled out right around the time of the Catholic homo-Priest flamed out.

We had the APA white letter come out, wherein the claim was made that 'some children will actually benefit from a loving sexual relationship with a caring adult'.

Today, they can barely find the courage to so much as deny it.

But try it yourself. When the opportunity comes along, make the assertion, then ask the Homo-advocate, why do they oppose Pedophilia. You'll get "it's Illegal" as the primary beef... NOT that there's anything Morally wrong with it... NO NOooo... it's simply ILLEGAL! As if they're hard line Law and Order people; despite their having absolutely NO CONCERN for the law.

Then point out that just a few years ago, Sodomy had been illegal in the US since our inception... then ask them if they would support lowering the age of consent to 16, 14, 12, 10, 8... years. If they choose 16 but not 14, ask them to tell ya why 16 is ok, but not 14... .

In most cases, here's what you'll find... they will not discuss it, beyond the tepid denial that they're a proponent of pedophilia.

But if they do... ask why they feel that children should not be pursued for sexual gratification... they will never tell you that 'it's wrong'... because that is a moral judgment. And where there exist tolerance for Moral Judgments... Homo-Sales take a BEATING! As well as Homo-salesmen.

Then LOL! ask them if they will join you in a movement to get homosexuals to ask for laws to maintain the Age of Consent, to double down on the penalties for abusing children for sexual gratification... and watch their reaction.

It is PRICELESS!

Just understand, it is a rare day when you find one who is sufficiently honest to get anywhere near the discussion. But they're out there... ya just gotta look hard enough.

And by administrative law do you mean to refer to the Judiciary, which has no power what so ever, to make law, of any kind, in any way?

The judiciary does, however, have the authority to overrule unconstitutional laws. Which in 36 of 50 states would include any law that bans gay marriage.

That's quite a bit of power. I don't think the framers of the Constitution would agree with you, though.

Who may interpret the Constitution?

In most of our recent discussions of constitutionality, the unchallenged assumption is that the Supreme Court — and only the Supreme Court — has the authority to interpret the Constitution. I think the Founders would have been bewildered and dismayed by that assumption. Surely anyone sworn to uphold the Constitution must be ready to uphold it against others in the government — which implies that each officeholder must understand and apply the founding document to his or her sphere of control.

But let's ask the Founders: Who may interpret the Constitution?

The Legislative and the Executive, as well as the Judicial, branches

[The Judicial Branch] may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment; and must ultimately depend upon the aid of the executive arm even for the efficacy of its judgments. — Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 78

My construction of the constitution is very different from that you quote. It is that each department is truly independent of the others, and has an equal right to decide for itself what is the meaning of the constitution in the cases submitted to its action; and especially, where it is to act ultimately and without appeal. — Thomas Jefferson

The opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves, in their own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch. — Thomas Jefferson

As the courts are generally the last in making the decision, it results to them, by refusing or not refusing to execute a law, to stamp it with its final character. This makes the Judiciary department paramount in fact to the Legislature, which was never intended, and can never be proper. — James Madison

I acknowledge, in the ordinary course of government, that the exposition of the laws and Constitution devolves upon the judicial. But I beg to know upon what principle it can be contended that any one department draws from the Constitution greater powers than another in marking out the limits of the powers of the several departments. — James Madison

Nothing has yet been offered to invalidate the doctrine that the meaning of the Constitution may as well be ascertained by the Legislative as by the Judicial authority. — James Madison

The States

In the first place, there is not a syllable in the plan under consideration which directly empowers the national courts to construe the laws according to the spirit of the Constitution, or which gives them any greater latitude in this respect than may be claimed by the courts of every State. — Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 81

But as the plan of the convention aims only at a partial union or consolidation, the State governments would clearly retain all the rights of sovereignty which they before had, and which were not, by that act, EXCLUSIVELY delegated to the United States. — Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 32

This balance between the National and State governments ought to be dwelt on with peculiar attention, as it is of the utmost importance. It forms a double security to the people. If one encroaches on their rights they will find a powerful protection in the other. Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by a certain rivalship, which will ever subsist between them. — Alexander Hamilton

RESOLVED: That the principle and construction contended for by sundry of the state legislatures, that the general government is the exclusive judge of the extent of the powers delegated to it, stop nothing short of despotism; since the discretion of those who administer the government, and not the constitution, would be the measure of their powers:

That the several states who formed that instrument, being sovereign and independent, have the unquestionable right to judge of its infraction; and that a nullification, by those sovereignties, of all unauthorized acts done under colour of that instrument, is the rightful remedy.
— Thomas Jefferson

This Assembly doth explicitly and peremptorily declare, that it views the powers of the federal government, as resulting from the compact, to which the states are parties; as limited by the plain sense and intention of the instrument constituting the compact; as no further valid than they are authorized by the grants enumerated in that compact; and that in case of deliberate, palpable, and dangerous exercise of other powers, not granted by the said compact, the states who are parties thereto, have the right, and are in duty bound, to interpose for arresting the progress of the evil, and for maintaining within their respective limits, the authorities, rights and liberties appertaining to them. — James Madison

The People

[The purpose of a written constitution is] to bind up the several branches of government by certain laws, which, when they transgress, their acts shall become nullities; to render unnecessary an appeal to the people, or in other words a rebellion, on every infraction of their rights, on the peril that their acquiescence shall be construed into an intention to surrender those rights. — Thomas Jefferson

The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. — Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. — Thomas Jefferson

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed. ... The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. — Noah Webster

If the federal government should overpass the just bounds of its authority and make a tyrannical use of its powers, the people, whose creature it is, must appeal to the standard they have formed, and take such measures to redress the injury done to the Constitution as the exigency may suggest and prudence justify. — Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 33

These answers raise another question

I know what you're thinking: This would never work! The evidence before you as to what our government really, legally is, is blocked by the terrifying image of Congress perpetually wrestling the Supreme Court; the Court eternally frustrating the President; the President simply ignoring the Legislature; the States complying or refusing to comply willy-nilly; and the People turning every State capitol into Tiananmen Square.

And that's what would happen — if the federated government of the Founders were to act as our government is acting today. You would have the Last Days of the Obama/Holder Administration every day, everywhere, forever. But don't stop there, think it through: If you were an elected official, how would you avoid that outcome? You would have to garner overwhelming popular consensus for any new law, or else it wouldn't matter whether it passed or not.

Well, surprise, surprise.

This is exactly what F.A. Hayek addressed in The Road to Serfdom. Because it's hard to get a majority of people to agree on anything, a truly representative government must be a limited government. If we need a national consensus on the cutoff age for one-legged half-Latino grandmothers to get benefit X in subparagraph (ii), it ain't gonna happen. Laws with nearly unanimous popular consent would have to be very few and very simple. So if we do have a government legislating the minutiae of our existence in 3,000-page bills, we know that we do not have a government of the people and by the people.

Since you have read with me this far, here's one more quote.

It is the price of democracy that the possibilities of conscious control are restricted to the fields where true agreement exists and that in some fields things must be left to chance. But in a society which for its functioning depends on central planning this control cannot be made dependent on a majority's being able to agree; it will often be necessary that the will of a small minority be imposed upon the people, because this minority will be the largest group able to agree among themselves on the question at issue. Democratic government has worked successfully where, and so long as, the functions of government were, by a widely accepted creed, restricted to fields where agreement among a majority could be achieved by free discussion.... — F.A. Hayek

The problem isn't with the government the Founders set up. The problem is that this is not the government the Founders set up.
Who may interpret the Constitution

Public Accommodation laws are a Strawman and have nothing to do with marriage equality.

Yeah, just like it was "equal" when white people could marry white people and black people could marry black people huh?

How is it 'like' that?

I don't see any potential means to correlate the two. Race is a genetic function that the individual has absolutely no means to control. Homosexuality is a behavior over which the individual has 100% control.

Fir instance... every fiber of my being wants to ZR1 Corvette. Now I have the ability to go find one, pull it onto a trailer and take it. But I do not do so because I understand that it is wrong to steal someone else's property.

So I have the means to NOT do what I otherwise CRAVE.

Anything gettin' through here?

The Judicial Branch] may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment; and must ultimately depend upon the aid of the executive arm even for the efficacy of its judgments. — Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 78

Hamilton you say? Federalist Paper 78 you say? Why lets dig in.

The interpretation of the laws is the proper and peculiar province of the courts. A constitution is, in fact, and must be regarded by the judges, as a fundamental law. It therefore belongs to them to ascertain its meaning, as well as the meaning of any particular act proceeding from the legislative body. If there should happen to be an irreconcilable variance between the two, that which has the superior obligation and validity ought, of course, to be preferred; or, in other words, the Constitution ought to be preferred to the statute, the intention of the people to the intention of their agents.

Alexander Hamilton
Federalist Paper 78

Huh. Its almost as if you never read Federalist Paper 78, have no idea what's in it, and have never once fact checked your claims.

See, Mike, that's the difference between us. You copy and paste lists. I actually do research and read the sources.

Last edited:

How is it 'like' that?

Exact same arguments. Same idea of 'equality' being pointless discrimination for larger groups of people. Same lack of a rational basis outside of religion. Same religious justification.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Judge Leon Bazile

Sound familiar? His appeal to authority doesn't make more sense than yours does. As you have no rational reason to deny gays and lesbians the right to marry. Neither does your ilk.

Which might explain why the gay marriage bans have been falling all around the country. With currently 36 of 50 states now recognizing gay marriage as plain ol' marriage.

If you're going to deny someone a fundamental right, you're going to need a good reason. And you don't have one.

How is it 'like' that?

I don't see any potential means to correlate the two. Race is a genetic function that the individual has absolutely no means to control. Homosexuality is a behavior over which the individual has 100% control.

Fir instance... every fiber of my being wants to ZR1 Corvette. Now I have the ability to go find one, pull it onto a trailer and take it. But I do not do so because I understand that it is wrong to steal someone else's property.

So I have the means to NOT do what I otherwise CRAVE.

Anything gettin' through here?

So, because YOU decide that gay can be controlled, therefore gay people should do what YOU tell them to do? What makes you such an expert on whether gay people are born gay or not?

Yeah, a gay person could, if they really had to, go and have sex with someone of the opposite sex. Just like a straight person could go and have sex with someone of the same sex. It's all behavioral right? I mean, you could just choose to have sex with a person of the same sex, right? It's be just the same, just sex, who cares?

Well I couldn't. I couldn't have sex with someone of the same sex, it just goes against my brain. And I doubt anyone who thinks like me would be able to do this and just wouldn't.

But again, what makes you an expert on what gay people think?

Yeah, you understand it's wrong to have gay sex. Just as many people "know" it's wrong to have sex before marriage. But other people don't think it's wrong to have sex before marriage, and other people don't think it's wrong to have sex with the person of your choice.

Now, you can say as many times as you like that it's "sexual abnormality" and all that. But the last question I have is, why should YOU decide who people have sex with and who people marry?

Do you not realize that you are doing exactly that which I wanted someone like you to do.
Congrats!! You now score more points than the other buffoon.

You really do lack brilliance. You don't know when someone is mocking you.
Keep up the good work.

:udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman:

It doesn't do anything of the kind dumbass.

At BEST, a birth cert would verify that his mother was a US Citizen. The doubt regarding the Birth Cert is that his 'Mother' adopted him. Hawaii was known to provide birth certificates for adopted foreign nationals. This served Hawaiian interests by adding to their population count, for the purposes of increasing their Federal legislative representation.

Thank you... I appreciate that, but I am not that brilliant. I just appear so, in threads where you're present.

But, it's nice of you to notice, nonetheless.

And you don't know when a person of much higher intellect is shining you on. You certainly do shine every stupid-trophy in the display case.

The Judicial Branch] may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment; and must ultimately depend upon the aid of the executive arm even for the efficacy of its judgments. — Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 78

Hamilton you say? Federalist Paper 78 you say? Why lets dig in.

The interpretation of the laws is the proper and peculiar province of the courts. A constitution is, in fact, and must be regarded by the judges, as a fundamental law. It therefore belongs to them to ascertain its meaning, as well as the meaning of any particular act proceeding from the legislative body. If there should happen to be an irreconcilable variance between the two, that which has the superior obligation and validity ought, of course, to be preferred; or, in other words, the Constitution ought to be preferred to the statute, the intention of the people to the intention of their agents.

Alexander Hamilton
Federalist Paper 78

Huh. Its almost as if you never read Federalist Paper 78, have no idea what's in it, and have never once fact checked your claims.

See, Mike, that's the difference between us. You copy and paste lists. I actually do research and read the sources.

Incorrect as usual, and I'm sure you're just as much a "constitutional scholar" as the poop stain in the White House.

Alexander Hamilton argued for a Supreme Court that was confirmed by the Senate and not the House of Representatives saying:

A body so fluctuating and at the same time so numerous, can never be deemed proper for the exercise of that power. Its unfitness will appear manifest to all, when it is recollected that in half a century it may consist of three or four hundred persons. All the advantages of the stability, both of the Executive and of the Senate, would be defeated by this union, and infinite delays and embarrassments would be occasioned.

In retrospect, Hamilton could only have been arguing for input from the States on judiciary appointments since at the time, Senators were appointed by state legislators, not by popular vote. Hamilton pointedly warned of the danger of judges being appointed by popular winds, saying:

the necessity of their [the Senate’s] concurrence would have a powerful, though, in general, a silent operation. It would be an excellent check upon a spirit of favoritism in the President, and would tend greatly to prevent the appointment of unfit characters from State prejudice, from family connection, from personal attachment, or from a view to popularity. In addition to this, it would be an efficacious source of stability in the administration.

One can only guess that Hamilton might have had a different view of Senate confirmations if the 17th Amendment were already passed. It might also be noted that the Constitution would never have been ratified to begin with had it been written in such way as to give the States no representation whatsoever in Washington D.C.

So, because YOU decide that gay can be controlled, therefore gay people should do what YOU tell them to do?

LOL! Based upon WHAT? Nothing I said comes anywhere CLOSE to so much as IMPLYING THAT. It is simply a FACT that homosexual behavior is a CHOICE! That's not even a debatable subject sport.

What makes you such an expert on whether gay people are born gay or not?

I've got 54 years as a practicing human being.

Yeah, a gay person could, if they really had to, go and have sex with someone of the opposite sex.

Yep... or go without having sex. Happens all the time. Just ask my wife.

So, because YOU decide that gay can be controlled, therefore gay people should do what YOU tell them to do?

LOL! Based upon WHAT? Nothing I said comes anywhere CLOSE to so much as IMPLYING THAT. It is simply a FACT that homosexual behavior is a CHOICE! That's not even a debatable subject sport.

Yeah, a gay person could, if they really had to, go and have sex with someone of the opposite sex.

Oh snap! You need yourself a new wife! My wife and I have 4 kids and still manage to screw like horny rabbits. You can do better than her.

[

Incorrect as usual, and I'm sure you're just as much a "constitutional scholar" as the poop stain in the White House.

And who between us has actually read Federalist Paper 78? You can hardly laud your 'credentials' as a 'constitutional scholar' when caught never having read the very source you're citing. And blatantly misrepresenting the position of the author.

Try again. This time reading your sources before you post. Not after.

In retrospect, Hamilton could only have been arguing for input from the States on judiciary appointments since at the time, Senators were appointed by state legislators, not by popular vote. Hamilton pointedly warned of the danger of judges being appointed by popular winds, saying:

None of which hasn't the slightest thing to do with your argument regarding the Court's role in interpreting the constitution. Which Hamilton clearly recognized the federal judiciary possessed, and argued powerfully for in the Federalist Papers.

Hamilton just as clearly recognized that the courts would given deference to the constitution over legislation that violated it. Both explicit contradictions of your beliefs. And both from Federalist Paper 78.

Which you've never read. Again, you're a regurgetator. You vomit up lists you've never read nor fact checked. And when faced with an informed opinion, start babbling about how the Courts are nominated. Which has nothing to do with the Court's authority to interpret the constitution.

If you want to know what Hamilton thought about the court's authority to both interpret the constitution and place the constitution above legislation.....read again:

Federalist Paper 78
Alexander Hamilton

Here's a link to the Paper, so you can educate yourself:

The Federalist 78

Read the source, rather than simply copying and pasting lists you've never read. It might help you avoid blunders like the one you just made.

Yeah, but what makes you an expert on whether or not gay people are born gay or not?

You may believe yourself an infallible expert on any topic you choose to discuss, but to us you're nobody. So explain it, using rational and logical reasons, why I would ignore a gay person on their own sexuality and instead believe you.

Oh snap! You need yourself a new wife! My wife and I have 4 kids and still manage to screw like horny rabbits. You can do better than her.

LOL! Easy big fella... it was a licensed zinger. 35 years, three kids... she's still good to go.

[

And who between us has actually read Federalist Paper 78? You can hardly laud your 'credentials' as a 'constitutional scholar' when caught never having read the very source you're citing. And blatantly misrepresenting the position of the author.

None of which hasn't the slightest thing to do with your argument regarding the Court's role in interpreting the constitution. Which Hamilton clearly recognized the federal judiciary possessed, and argued powerfully for in the Federalist Papers.

Hamilton just as clearly recognized that the courts would given deference to the constitution over legislation that violated it. Both explicit contradictions of your beliefs. And both from Federalist Paper 78.

Which you've never read. Again, you're a regurgetator. You vomit up lists you've never read nor fact checked. And when faced with an informed opinion, start babbling about how the Courts are nominated. Which has nothing to do with the Court's authority to interpret the constitution.

If you want to know what Hamilton thought about the court's authority to both interpret the constitution and place the constitution above legislation.....read again:

Federalist Paper 78
Alexander Hamilton

The Federalist 78

Read the source, rather than simply copying and pasting lists you've never read. It might help you avoid blunders like the one you just made.

Jackass, you don't know what I've read in my life or what I haven't read, so stuff it with your blind assumptions.

What's at stake here is the Statist Left claiming the Constitution has the exclusive power to interpret the Constitution, operative word here being exclusive. Out of what I posted, you thought to refute that by picking apart one quote, yet even at that failing to demonstrate that Hamilton believed in a Supreme Court that alone had interpretive powers. In fact, my post cited a lot of evidence to the contrary regarding the intentions of the ratifiers. So ingrained was this idea that the Supreme Court was not a Supreme Authority that Andrew Jackson, on the heels of Worcester v. Georgia said, "John Marshall has made his decision. Now let him enforce it!"

And Alexander Hamilton too believed that there should be an abiding tension between the Courts and the States, as I alluded to earlier, you being too stupid to catch on:

This balance between the National and State governments ought to be dwelt on with peculiar attention, as it is of the utmost importance. It forms a double security to the people. If one encroaches on their rights they will find a powerful protection in the other. Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by a certain rivalship, which will ever subsist between them.

Which was also part of my post. This idea that the Supreme Court speaks and everyone obeys is a relatively novel one, concocted by the Statist Left, of which you are part. But states are already figuring out that they can push back against Gonzalez Vs. Raich by passing their own laws legalizing marijuana regardless of federal law and the Supreme Court upholding those laws. So apparently even today we're figuring out there's no such thing as an Almighty Supreme Court.

It's a mythical being that only exists in the imaginations of the deluded Left.

[

Federalist Paper 78
Alexander Hamilton

The Federalist 78

Jackass, you don't know what I've read in my life or what I haven't read, so stuff it with your blind assumptions.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. As the only other alternative is that you did read Federalist 78 and then blatantly misrepresented Hamilton's position on the matter. As my gloriously germane quotes of Hamilton's position in Federalist Paper 78 demonstrate so elegantly, Hamilton unambiguously recognized the court's authority to interpret the constitution and to place the constitution above legislation.

Federalist Paper 78
Alexander Hamilton

Which you either knew, or should have known.

So which is it....hapless ignorance or bald face deception? Pick which. I'm giving you a chance to maintain your integrity at least in attributing your spectacular blunder to ignorance.

I'd suggest you take me up on my offer.

What's at stake here is the Statist Left claiming the Constitution has the exclusive power to interpret the Constitution, operative word here being exclusive.

So now you recognize that the Courts DO have the authority to interpret the constitution?

Well, you can learn. That's progress I suppose.

This idea that the Supreme Court speaks and everyone obeys is a relatively novel one, concocted by the Statist Left, of which you are part.

And Hamilton too, it seems:

If it be said that the legislative body are themselves the constitutional judges of their own powers, and that the construction they put upon them is conclusive upon the other departments, it may be answered, that this cannot be the natural presumption, where it is not to be collected from any particular provisions in the Constitution. It is not otherwise to be supposed, that the Constitution could intend to enable the representatives of the people to substitute their will to that of their constituents. It is far more rational to suppose, that the courts were designed to be an intermediate body between the people and the legislature, in order, among other things, to keep the latter within the limits assigned to their authority. The interpretation of the laws is the proper and peculiar province of the courts.

Alexander Hamilton
Federalist Paper 78

A peculiar province. Huh. What a 'leftist'! And it only gets worse for you;

Nor does this conclusion by any means suppose a superiority of the judicial to the legislative power. It only supposes that the power of the people is superior to both; and that where the will of the legislature, declared in its statutes, stands in opposition to that of the people, declared in the Constitution, the judges ought to be governed by the latter rather than the former. They ought to regulate their decisions by the fundamental laws, rather than by those which are not fundamental.

Alexander Hamilton
Federalist Paper 78

Clearly placing the judiciary in a role between the legislature and the people......with the courts to interpret the constitution and follow the consitution when legislative bodies stand in opposition to it through their statutes.

Which is my argument. Apparently we 'leftists' predate the constitution itself!

As for the relationship between the federal government and the States, that was radically altered by the 14th amendment.
Which gave statutory voice to the authority of the federal government to prevent the violation of the privileges and immunities of federal citizens by the States as well as requiring the States to afford federal citizens with equal protection in the law.

Remember, in the Founder's America, the Bill of Rights didn't apply to the States. The Federal Courts had no authority to rule against the States when they violated the rights of any citizen, as the federal government lacked such jurisdiction. The Bill of Rights extended only to the Federal Government, only limiting the federal government.

The 14th amendment was meant to change that. And did. The Federal Government now has the authority to prevent the States from violating the rights of citizens or from not applying the law equally.

Which is also my argument.

The founders never intended the Federal Judiciary to limit State actions on the basis of individual rights. The writers of the 14th did. And the courts (albeit slowly) recognized this authority under the 14th. As remember....the courts are meant to interpret the constitution. And the 14th is part of the constitution.

Are you finally up to speed? Or would you like me to walk you through it again.

But states are already figuring out that they can push back against Gonzalez Vs. Raich by passing their own laws legalizing marijuana regardless of federal law and the Supreme Court upholding those laws. So apparently even today we're figuring out there's no such thing as an Almighty Supreme Court.

Sigh.....you're confusing federal statutory law with rights of federal citizens. They're not the same thing. State law can certainly differ from the laws of the federal government. But those state laws can't violate the rights of federal citizens.

Allowing marijuana doesn't violate the right of a federal citizen. Outlawing interracial marriage does. And when the rights of citizens are violated the federal judiciary steps in to rectify the situation. As its the violation of the rights of the citizens of the US by the States that the 14th amendment empowers the federal government to prevent..

Get it?

Gonzalas had nothing to do with State violation of federally recognized rights. Which is what we're discussing. It had to do with a conflict of State law v. Federal Law in which it was argued that the federal law couldn't apply if the State law legalized a practice based on a particular interpretation of the commerce clause..

Much like your awkward citation of how the Courts were nominated when caught misrepresenting Federalist 78, Gonzales has absolutely nothing to do with the court's authority to rule on issues of state violation of constitution rights. Or even addresses the topic. It was an interstate commerce dispute.

And the courts never ruled that the states couldn't create laws that conflict with federal law. Rendering your citation of Gonzalas even more irrelevant. The USSC only ruled that the Federal government can enforce Federal drug laws within the States. Meaning that the States passing laws allowing marijuana in no way conflict with or contradict the USSC's ruling.

Its like you created a red herring layer cake and slathered it with an extra glop of irrelevance for spice. Are there any other red herrings you'd like to toss up?

[

Federalist Paper 78
Alexander Hamilton

The Federalist 78

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. As the only other alternative is that you did read Federalist 78 and then blatantly misrepresented Hamilton's position on the matter. As my gloriously germane quotes of Hamilton's position in Federalist Paper 78 demonstrate so elegantly, Hamilton unambiguously recognized the court's authority to interpret the constitution and to place the constitution above legislation.

Federalist Paper 78
Alexander Hamilton

Which you either knew, or should have known.

So which is it....hapless ignorance or bald face deception? Pick which. I'm giving you a chance to maintain your integrity at least in attributing your spectacular blunder to ignorance.

I'd suggest you take me up on my offer.

What's at stake here is the Statist Left claiming the Constitution has the exclusive power to interpret the Constitution, operative word here being exclusive.

So now you recognize that the Courts DO have the authority to interpret the constitution?

Well, you can learn. That's progress I suppose.

This idea that the Supreme Court speaks and everyone obeys is a relatively novel one, concocted by the Statist Left, of which you are part.

And Hamilton too, it seems:

If it be said that the legislative body are themselves the constitutional judges of their own powers, and that the construction they put upon them is conclusive upon the other departments, it may be answered, that this cannot be the natural presumption, where it is not to be collected from any particular provisions in the Constitution. It is not otherwise to be supposed, that the Constitution could intend to enable the representatives of the people to substitute their will to that of their constituents. It is far more rational to suppose, that the courts were designed to be an intermediate body between the people and the legislature, in order, among other things, to keep the latter within the limits assigned to their authority. The interpretation of the laws is the proper and peculiar province of the courts.

Alexander Hamilton
Federalist Paper 78

A peculiar province. Huh. What a 'leftist'! And it only gets worse for you;

Nor does this conclusion by any means suppose a superiority of the judicial to the legislative power. It only supposes that the power of the people is superior to both; and that where the will of the legislature, declared in its statutes, stands in opposition to that of the people, declared in the Constitution, the judges ought to be governed by the latter rather than the former. They ought to regulate their decisions by the fundamental laws, rather than by those which are not fundamental.

Alexander Hamilton
Federalist Paper 78

Clearly placing the judiciary in a role between the legislature and the people......with the courts to interpret the constitution and follow the consitution when legislative bodies stand in opposition to it through their statutes.

Which is my argument. Apparently we 'leftists' predate the constitution itself!

As for the relationship between the federal government and the States, that was radically altered by the 14th amendment.
Which gave statutory voice to the authority of the federal government to prevent the violation of the privileges and immunities of federal citizens by the States as well as requiring the States to afford federal citizens with equal protection in the law.

Remember, in the Founder's America, the Bill of Rights didn't apply to the States. The Federal Courts had no authority to rule against the States when they violated the rights of any citizen, as the federal government lacked such jurisdiction. The Bill of Rights extended only to the Federal Government, only limiting the federal government.

The 14th amendment was meant to change that. And did. The Federal Government now has the authority to prevent the States from violating the rights of citizens or from not applying the law equally.

Which is also my argument.

The founders never intended the Federal Judiciary to limit State actions on the basis of individual rights. The writers of the 14th did. And the courts (albeit slowly) recognized this authority under the 14th. As remember....the courts are meant to interpret the constitution. And the 14th is part of the constitution.

Are you finally up to speed? Or would you like me to walk you through it again.

But states are already figuring out that they can push back against Gonzalez Vs. Raich by passing their own laws legalizing marijuana regardless of federal law and the Supreme Court upholding those laws. So apparently even today we're figuring out there's no such thing as an Almighty Supreme Court.

Sigh.....you're confusing federal statutory law with rights of federal citizens. They're not the same thing. State law can certainly differ from the laws of the federal government. But those state laws can't violate the rights of federal citizens.

Allowing marijuana doesn't violate the right of a federal citizen. Outlawing interracial marriage does. And when the rights of citizens are violated the federal judiciary steps in to rectify the situation. As its the violation of the rights of the citizens of the US by the States that the 14th amendment empowers the federal government to prevent..

Get it?

Gonzalas had nothing to do with State violation of federally recognized rights. Which is what we're discussing. It had to do with a conflict of State law v. Federal Law in which it was argued that the federal law couldn't apply if the State law legalized a practice based on a particular interpretation of the commerce clause..

Much like your awkward citation of how the Courts were nominated when caught misrepresenting Federalist 78, Gonzales has absolutely nothing to do with the court's authority to rule on issues of state violation of constitution rights. Or even addresses the topic. It was an interstate commerce dispute.

And the courts never ruled that the states couldn't create laws that conflict with federal law. Rendering your citation of Gonzalas even more irrelevant. The USSC only ruled that the Federal government can enforce Federal drug laws within the States. Meaning that the States passing laws allowing marijuana in no way conflict with or contradict the USSC's ruling.

Its like you created a red herring layer cake and slathered it with an extra glop of irrelevance for spice. Are there any other red herrings you'd like to toss up?

I'm amazed that you post content that contradicts your claim and then think that it supports it.

Hmmm...apparently the Supreme Court is NOT superior to Congress or state legislatures and does not have the final say. Couple this with Hamilton's aforementioned acknowledgment that the Supreme Court lacks any enforcement mechanism whatsoever, the willingness of legislative and executive authorities to go along with their decisions is a key component, a cooperation that can be rescinded. Which brings us to your next blunder...

Gonzalez Vs. Raich militates against your notion that the Supreme Court has the final say on an issue. You assert that the state laws cannot violate the rights of federal citizens (whatever that means) meaning you missed the point thinking it was an issue of civil rights instead of states rights. You then go on to claim that "the courts never ruled that the states couldn't create laws that conflict with federal law" which undermines the point that the states weren't asking for permission to countermand federal law, they just did it. Had you not been fully persuaded that the Supreme Court is an ultimate authority, you might have perceived that yourself.

The Constitutional crisis we're in right now is that in our entire history, the only time the Supreme Court set itself so adversarily against the people is when they upheld the Fugitive Slave Act. 19 years later, this country was in a state of civil war. First we have Obamacare upheld, at the center of which was the personal mandate. 28 states suing over a single issue like that indicates a serious divide in this country that is redolent of the early 19th century. As with the Fugitive Slave Act, the Supreme Court sided with tyranny over both states rights and civil rights. That's a significant parallel I trust you're intelligent enough to grasp.

And now we have state marriage laws, popularly passed by the people via referendum and state legislatures all being overturned. The abolitionists of the early 19th century warned that war would result when winning hearts and minds was abandoned as a strategy and more obtuse, compulsory measures took its place. The same despair that plagued the people of Pennsylvania when their popularly passed law was overturned by federal power is setting on people today who believe, and rightly so, that the regulation of marriage is by 10th Amendment right, a state prerogative. Only in this case, as if to add fuel to the fire, the Supreme Court thinks to duck its constitutional duty to weigh in on a national controversy that's proving to be so divisive.

People will not long tolerate a government that with a waive of a magic wand undoes the will of the people over and over; especially the American people. The push back against Gonzalez Vs. Raich is just the beginning. When states begin to secede you'll see history repeat itself as we are forced to the same decision of whether to let them peacefully egress or to use force to dragoon them back in.

And who knows. Maybe that's what you want. I bet you really enjoyed the fact that 600,000 people died because of thick headed tyrants like you.

Hmmm...apparently the Supreme Court is NOT superior to Congress or state legislatures and does not have the final say. Couple this with Hamilton's aforementioned acknowledgment that the Supreme Court lacks any enforcement mechanism whatsoever, the willingness of legislative and executive authorities to go along with their decisions is a key component, a cooperation that can be rescinded. Which brings us to your next blunder...

Ah, but you missed the part that shred your claims.

and that where the will of the legislature, declared in its statutes, stands in opposition to that of the people, declared in the Constitution, the judges ought to be governed by the latter rather than the former.

Right there. When the legislature issues statutes that conflict with the constitution, the judiciary should follow the constitution, not the statute. That's my argument.

What about this do you disagree with? You're babble about the 'superiority' of the judiciary is your strawman. I, Hamilton, and jurists for generations have said that the USSC has the authority to overturn the laws of the legislature if those laws violate rights. Not based on the 'superiority' of the judiciary. But the superiority of the rights.

Did you get that part about how rights trump powers?

As for the courts relationship with the States, that changes radically when the 14th was adopted. Rendering any of the founders opinion on the matter moot, as the constitution changed long after they were dead. You might as well post quotes of the 'will of the founders' in regards to how senators are elected by the state legislatures. They aren't. An amendment changed that too.

Gonzalez Vs. Raich militates against your notion that the Supreme Court has the final say on an issue.

Like Federalist Paper 78, you've never read Gonzalas. You have no idea what its about. If you had, you'd have instantly recognized that the case had NOTHING to do with the federal courts authority to prevent the violation of rights by the State.

Its an interstate commerce case.

Where it was argued that the Federal government couldn't prosecute a man growing weed for his own personal use because State law allows it and the federal government lacks jurisdiction under the commerce clause. The USSC found that the feds did have jurisdiction.

And guess what? The Feds STILL have jurisdiction. How then does that case 'militates against your notion that the Supreme Court has the final say on an issue'?

I don't think 'militates' means what you think it means.

You assert that the state laws cannot violate the rights of federal citizens (whatever that means) meaning you missed the point thinking it was an issue of civil rights instead of states rights.

Whatever that means? What part did you not understand? The 'federal citizen' part? Or the 'rights' part?

Federal citizens is short hand for 'Citizen of the United States of America'. Just like federal constitution is short hand for 'Constitution of the United States of America'. Does that alleviate your confusion?

And if you don't understand what rights are....then you're clearly not equipped for this conversation.

You then go on to claim that "the courts never ruled that the states couldn't create laws that conflict with federal law" which undermines the point that the states weren't asking for permission to countermand federal law, they just did it.

Only if you confuse rights with laws. Which no one even remotely familiar with either would ever do. They aren't the same thing. Laws are rules. Rights are freedoms.

Let me give you yet another example as eventually one of these has to sink in. If the Federal government has passed laws that criminalize marijuana possession, a state decriminalizing it doesn't violate the rights of any citizen. As there's no 'right to have marijuana criminalized by the State'.

The State can have any laws it wishes that conflict with federal laws (like, say medicinal marijuana...which California still has, btw) within certain constitutional boundaries related to the respective powers of the Federal and State government. The States can't create laws that conflict with federal rights.

And by 'federal rights', I mean rights recognized by federal government as being protected by the federal constitution. And by 'federal constitution', I mean the Constitution of the United States of America. Just so I don't lose you again.

Rights are different from laws.

If however, the federal government has recognized abortion as a constitutional right, and a State creates a law that forbids abortion....then the federal government can step in and overturn the State law as it abrogates the rights of federal citizens.

Federal citizens are Citizens of the United States. Every citizen in this country is a citizen of the United States and the State in which they reside. Its known as concurrent jurisdiction. So every State citizen is also a Federal Citizen. And the federal government has the authority, under the 14th amendment, to protect the privileges and immunities of Federal Citizens.

And by 'Federal Citizen' I again mean 'Citizens of the United States'. Of America, if that wasn't clear.

So you see the difference between rights and laws now?

Had you not been fully persuaded that the Supreme Court is an ultimate authority, you might have perceived that yourself.

I've never claimed that the Supreme Court is the 'ultimate authority'. That's your strawman. I've said that rights trump powers. And if the States create laws that violate rights, that the federal judiciary can overturn those State laws using the authority granted the federal government by the 14th amendment.

Not based in the 'supremacy' of the judiciary. But the supremacy of the rights being protected.

The Constitutional crisis we're in right now is that in our entire history, the only time the Supreme Court set itself so adversarily against the people is when they upheld the Fugitive Slave Act. 19 years later, this country was in a state of civil war.

Yeah, there's not going to be any civil war over gay marriage or Obamacare. If you believe there is, you're delusional.

First off, most of the 'revolutionary' republicans are complete chickenshits. They will talk about civil war, but when pressed to start doing 'patriot shit' like fighting and dying, its always someone else that has to do the bleeding. Jeffersons don't win wars. Hamiltons do. And you've got boatloads of the former. And precious few of the latter.

Second, if ever some of that 'precious few' started killing our cops and soldiers in the 'name of the revolution', the rest of the citizenry would simply kill them like animals in the street. It wouldn't take a day. There are way more of us than there are of you. And we're better armed and organized.

And both the chickenshits and the 'precious few' know it. They don't have the numbers. Not by orders and orders of magnitude. So there will be no civil war.

If you believe otherwise, you're going to be very disappointed.

And now we have state marriage laws, popularly passed by the people via referendum and state legislatures all being overturned. The abolitionists of the early 19th century warned that war would result when winning hearts and minds was abandoned as a strategy and more obtuse, compulsory measures took its place. The same despair that plagued the people of Pennsylvania when their popularly passed law was overturned by federal power is setting on people today who believe, and rightly so, that the regulation of marriage is by 10th Amendment right, a state prerogative. Only in this case, as if to add fuel to the fire, the Supreme Court thinks to duck its constitutional duty to weigh in on a national controversy that's proving to be so divisive.

The whole question of the 'state prerogative' on marriage laws was asked and answered in 1967 with Loving V. Virginia. The interracial marriage bans in Virginia were overturned as being unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. This in the height of the civil rights movement, this with the public supporting such bans by ludicrous margins.

And nothing. There was no civil war over interracial marriage. Majority support for interracial marriage bans lingered until the mid 90s. And still, nothing. There was your perfect storm, every ingredient you cited....and nothing.

In the case of gay marriage, there's no real question of whether or not the federal judiciary has the authority to overturn unconstitutional state marriage laws. Of course they do. Loving answered that question nearly 50 years ago. And the public already supports gay marriage by a wide margin. 12 to 19 points.

So why would the public have a 'civil war' over the implementation of something they overwhelmingly support? They obviously wouldn't. Your 'civil war' jabber is plainly stupid. Based in a comic misread of the national pulse, a laughably overestimation of folks who think like you do, and straight up ignorance of the legal questions being resolved.

You're about 50 years late to the party.

People will not long tolerate a government that with a waive of a magic wand undoes the will of the people over and over; especially the American people. The push back against Gonzalez Vs. Raich is just the beginning.

The problem is....the push back, isn't. The Feds still have federal jurisdiction. And the ruling never said that States couldn't create laws not in sync with federal laws. California allowed medicinal marijuana before Gonzales. It still allows it. So your 'pushback' against the USSC's authority is pretty much imaginary.

When states begin to secede you'll see history repeat itself as we are forced to the same decision of whether to let them peacefully egress or to use force to dragoon them back in.

Wow. You've really got this fantasy of yours mapped out. There's no significant support for secession. Nor any state government who is interested in trying it.

Your fantasy is well mapped out. Its that bridge from the wasteland of your imagination to the world the rest of live in where you run into problems. Conspiracy batshit does not a bridge to reality make.

And who knows. Maybe that's what you want. I bet you really enjoyed the fact that 600,000 people died because of thick headed tyrants like you.

Or, nobody dies as you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Seriously -pretty lame - is that the best you've got ? Gay couples have a much higher rate of "divorce" and go through ridiculously larger amounts of partners in their lifetimes than do mentally healthy heterosexual couples.

And they suffer depression at a greater rate, commit suicide more often, do more drugs, and live a risky, licentious lifestyle that increases their chances of contracting STD's.

CDC - Mental Health - Gay and Bisexual Men s Health

Oh yeah!

So much for what they do to themselves - in my opinion the only good faggot is a dead faggot, or one who seeks help - and yes there is help. Homosexuality - like most mental diseases is treatable - it's curable - just like drug addiction there is therapy that can - in many cases "cure" homosexuality. HOWEVER -the queer militia works feverishly to suppress it.

I don't know if homosexual feelings can ever be completely cured, but homosexuals have learned to overcome them and even get married (real marriage) and have thriving families. It can be done. But these days we're prone to accomodate people's mental illnesses instead of treating them. This started with homosexuality, but now has progressed to gender identity disorder. These people need serious psychiatric intervention and we we won't even admit they have a disease!

If ever I were to prescribe a strategy by which a society is overtaken by madness, I would suggest they no longer recognize madness and instead embrace it, celebrate it, and protect it by law.

Yep... and it will only get worse. We're only one more socialist majority away from the legalization of pedophilia.

And what come after that is unknown to me, but we can rest assured that it is some sick shit that would likely run Caligula out of the room.

I've been warning about this for decades. It's not just a possibility, but a grave certainty if we remain on this course. Pederasty has overtaken civilizations in the past, most notably, Greko/Roman culture, and that's how depravity works, like water, always seeking lower ground. Many gay men have a range of attractions already that includes teenage boys...or even younger. It's one of the deep, dark secrets that doesn't come up at the annual LGBT action conference because nobody wants to admit that the seeds of pederasty have already been sown, and cultivated in this morally corrupt culture, will eventually sprout.

Right now gays are saying "consenting adults only!" But honestly.....how long will that charade last?

jesse-dirkhising-long-hair-photo.jpg

This 7th-grade photo of Jesse Dirkhising is from the Lincoln (Middle) School yearbook in 1999 — the same year he was killed after being sadistically raped and sodomized by homosexuals (and lovers) David Don Carpenter and Joshua Macave Brown. Dirkhising’s murder was largely ignored by cultural elites — while homosexual Matthew Shepard’s murder was given extraordinary, worldwide media coverage (based on a false “hate crime” narrative).

13-year-old Arkansas boy, Jesse Dirkhising, was sodomized to death by two older homosexual men who used him as their “sex toy.” This account by my friend and AFTAH adviser Allyson Smith gives the sordid and astonishing facts of his sadistic rape-killing.

Both of Jesse’s assailants, the more sinister (and older), David Don Carpenter, who planned the sickening, penetrative assault on Jesse, and his (their) lover,Joshua Macave Brown, were friends of Jesse’s mother,Tina Yates, who naively allowed the boy to go away with the men and stay the night in another town. Tragically, Yates’ “pro-gay” attitudes contributed to the cruel death of her son.
Homosexual Pedophilia Pederasty Americans for Truth

Forum List

Back