homosexual marriage

A magistrate in the state I live in refused to marry a gay couple even though homosexual marriage was just declared legal by the courts. So a couple of questions.
1 If a gay couple ask a conservative preacher to marry them can he site his religious beliefs and say no?
2 If the answer to question 1 is yes should a magistrate be able to say no because of his beliefs?
My only fear now that it is legal is that preachers are going to be forced into marrying them even though it is against his beliefs.

A magistrate isn't a priest or minister. He's not even a representative for any church. A magistrate isn't a religious title. It's a title for a judge. In no way is it a religious title or has anything to do with religion.

If that magistrate is in business to marry people then no they don't have any right to deny any couple the marriage ceremony. They have a business license to conduct business. In that license they sign which is a legal contract, they agree to do business with the public. There are no exceptions for gay people.

So it doesn't matter what religion that magistrate is. He's not in a church and he's not doing a religious ceremony. Religion has nothing to do with any of it.

If you want people to violate the law, violate a business contract and discriminate one segment of the population, then you sparky, aren't an American who follows our laws or our constitution.

Wether you believe in gay marriage or not is irrelevant to the law. In a small way I agree with you though, there isn't gay marriage or straight marriage just marriage. You're under no obligation to accept anything. Gays are getting married and it doesn't seem to me you are being forced to accept anything.

You are of the belief that rights are bestowed upon us by God. You are free to believe that as well. I disagree with that notion. I believe our rights originate from the people themselves, not God. It is us, the people that sustain our rights. Not the government, not God, but the people.

The only folks that are being humiliated concerning this issue is you and your allies. You're not only losing on this issue in the court of public opinion, your losing in the courthouse as well. I am sure you'll get over it, for time heals all wounds.

Homosexuals are not getting married. They're being joined into a legal institution which provides them with the legal provisions and privilege common to such, which is in no way dissimilar to incorporation.

That they need to refer to it as 'Marriage' merely demonstrates the depravity common to the fraudulence of their would-be movement. They crave the legitimacy intrinsic to marriage, while being simultaneously ignorant that the legitimacy rests in the standards of marriage which axiomatically exclude them and the other entities which are otherwise incapable of marriage.
So...if we have a religious ceremony, are we married then? Because many of us did that a loooong time before legal marriage came along.

Marriage is the joining of one human male and one human female... wherein they vow to a life analogous to their joining in sustainable coitus... .

There is no ceremony necessary, only the vows and steadfast commitment.

This is really easy stuff... any ideas why you're having such a tough time coming to grips with it?

And your religion is free to define it as such. The government is not.

What you're apparently having a "tough time coming to grips with" is the FACT that gays are getting legally married in over half the country now.

I am free to recognize the obvious. Yes. Marriage is the joining of one male and one female.

And that the governments of states are being manipulated by a mouthy minority through an illegitimate abuse of judicial power, through leftist insurgents set upon that bench, producing a tiny minority to strip popular majorities of their right to govern themselves... does not change that.

This too shall pass... such is the nature of evil.

Your tyranny of the homophobic majority is the epitome of evil. Fortunately the man made concept of equality under the law overrides your homophobic bigotry. A genuine majority of We the People understand that equality under the law applies to everyone and not just those who believe as you do.

Everyone will eventually be forced to participate in one way or another in gay marriage and gay family life.
Forced to participate? That statement is absurd, but to be expected coming from you.
At least until resentment contributes to the end of the whole thing.
Sorry, but that isn't going to happen. You can hate it as much as you want, but gay rights are here to stay. If for some reason you can't live with that, then tough shit.
Until the end when evil is thrown into the pit.
Which is evil...those who are law-abiding and tax-paying and are asking for equal rights? Or those trying to keep law-abiding, tax-paying citizens from their equal rights?

What rights are these poor law-abiding people being kept from exercising, pray tell?

For a right to exist, EVERYONE must possess the right. So whatever right it is, IF someone is claiming the right, but is preventing someone else from getting it, then THEY are forfeiting their own right.

So let's bust them wide open... WHAT RIGHT or Rights ARE THESE POOR LAW ABIDING AND OTHERWISE PERFECTLY NORMAL PEOPLE NOT BEING ALLOWED TO EXERCISE?

Everyone will eventually be forced to participate in one way or another in gay marriage and gay family life.
Forced to participate? That statement is absurd, but to be expected coming from you.
At least until resentment contributes to the end of the whole thing.
Sorry, but that isn't going to happen. You can hate it as much as you want, but gay rights are here to stay. If for some reason you can't live with that, then tough shit.
Which is evil...those who are law-abiding and tax-paying and are asking for equal rights? Or those trying to keep law-abiding, tax-paying citizens from their equal rights?

What rights are these poor law-abiding people being kept from exercising, pray tell?

For a right to exist, EVERYONE must possess the right. So whatever right it is, IF someone is claiming the right, but is preventing someone else from getting it, then THEY are forfeiting their own right.

So let's bust them wide open... WHAT RIGHT or Rights ARE THESE POOR LAW ABIDING AND OTHERWISE PERFECTLY NORMAL PEOPLE NOT BEING ALLOWED TO EXERCISE?
Well, in a ever shrinking number of states, :D, they are not allowed to marry based on gender discrimination.

Your tyranny of the homophobic majority is the epitome of evil. Fortunately the man made concept of equality under the law overrides your homophobic bigotry. A genuine majority of We the People understand that equality under the law applies to everyone and not just those who believe as you do.

So, let's see... You're claiming that the 'fear of one's self' Homophobia... is something that the majority of people have, and that this fear of themselves is causing a tiny majority from exercising some right... and that the concept of equality under the law, will override the fear that the majority has of themselves?

ROFL! Are you truly insane or are you pretending that you can make up words and use them within the construct of your own little code, and hope that will someone sound sufficiently valid to sway the casual reader? Which makes you a liar... .

I ask because I'm interested in the truth. I don't really care which answer is the truth. I'd just like to know that YOU know.

So come on ... help a brother out.

So, let's see... You're claiming that the 'fear of one's self' Homophobia... is something that the majority of people have, and that this fear of themselves is causing a tiny majority from exercising some right... and that the concept of equality under the law, will override the fear that the majority has of themselves?

ROFL! Are you truly insane or are you pretending that you can make up words and use them within the construct of your own little code, and hope that will someone sound sufficiently valid to sway the casual reader? Which makes you a liar... .

I ask because I'm interested in the truth. I don't really care which answer is the truth. I'd just like to know that YOU know.

Ironic!

Here is the actual dictionary definition of yourself!

Homophobia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination againsthomosexuality or homosexuals
ho·mo·pho·bic adjective

Homophobia Define Homophobia at Dictionary.com

noun
unreasoning fear of or antipathy towardhomosexuals and homosexuality.

And no, it is actually only a small minority of bigots like yourself who are homophobic.

Well, in a ever shrinking number of states, :D, they are not allowed to marry based on gender discrimination.

ROFLMNAO!

CAN I CALL IT or WHAT?

How quickly they returned to "THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!". (This concession is specifically structured around: Argumentum ad Populum, for our students of logic.)

Let's not forget that THE REASON that the number of states is shrinking, is because FIVE PEOPLE have DECIDED to overturn the WILL OF THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THOSE STATES, WHO REJECTED THE NORMALIZATION OF SEXUAL ABNORMALITY and their duly elected REPRESENTATIVES PASSED LAW THROUGH THE LONG STANDING LEGITIMATE PROCESS OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE, TO RECOGNIZE THE LAWS OF NATURE THAT DESIGNED MARRIAGE AND MAINTAIN THOSE FUNDAMENTAL, NATURAL PRINCIPLES.

And despite the tiny minority undermining the law... forcing the perverted will of a deviant minority upon the majority.

Not to worry folks, it can't last... as evil is inviable and that is why the sole product of such is singularly: fire.

Of course the bad news there is that it's FIRE... and well, you know that nature uses fire to convert that which exists, back into it's base elements, so as to start all over again.

Yeah... it turns out that there's a SERIOUS down side to tolerating evil. SERIOUS... and its ALL: DOWNSIDE.

FTR: Gender, in and of itself, discriminates... that is what nature designed it TO DO! Which is to say, that is the PURPOSE of gender: To Discriminate... .

Last edited:

ROFLMNAO!

CAN I CALL IT or WHAT?

How quickly they returned to "THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!". (This concession is specifically structured around: Argumentum ad Populum, for our students of logic.)

Let's not forget that THE REASON that the number of states is shrinking, is because FIVE PEOPLE have DECIDED to overturn the WILL OF THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THOSE STATES, WHO REJECTED THE NORMALIZATION OF SEXUAL ABNORMALITY and their duly elected REPRESENTATIVES PASSED LAW THROUGH THE LONG STANDING LEGITIMATE PROCESS OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE, TO RECOGNIZE THE LAWS OF NATURE THAT DESIGNED MARRIAGE AND MAINTAIN THOSE FUNDAMENTAL, NATURAL PRINCIPLES.

And despite the tiny minority undermining the law... forcing the perverted will of a deviant minority upon the majority.

Not to worry folks, it can't last... as evil is inviable and that is why the sole product of such is singularly: fire.

Of course the bad news there is that it's FIRE... and well, you know that nature uses fire to convert that which exists, back into it's base elements, so as to start all over again.

Yeah... it turns out that there's a SERIOUS down side to tolerating evil. SERIOUS... and its ALL: DOWNSIDE.

You need to wipe that spittle off your monitor!

A magistrate in the state I live in refused to marry a gay couple even though homosexual marriage was just declared legal by the courts. So a couple of questions.
1 If a gay couple ask a conservative preacher to marry them can he site his religious beliefs and say no?
2 If the answer to question 1 is yes should a magistrate be able to say no because of his beliefs?
My only fear now that it is legal is that preachers are going to be forced into marrying them even though it is against his beliefs.

1. Which state?

2. Have any polygamists [multiple orientation] applied or been denied for marrriage there? If they have been denied, they are equally able to sue for discrimination. A child could be their attorney and would win.

Ironic!

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination againsthomosexuality or homosexuals
ho·mo·pho·bic adjective

noun

And no, it is actually only a small minority of bigots like yourself who are homophobic.

Homo: Self.

Phobia: an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

So to know what homo-phobia means we merely place the two concepts together and we have:

"An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to: Self"

See, that's how it works.

I guess it'd be convenient if we could all just make up words relative to what we need them to mean, at any given moment. But if we did that, then the foundation of human communication would break down and we'd all be speaking around one another and be unable to convey to one another what we are thinking and very soon, this would result in the breakdown of society, war... chaos, calamity and catastrophe.

HOLY CRAP!

Look at THAT! That's right where we are now... on the edge of total societal collapse!

Now how cool is THAT?

We're literally witnessing (Again...) the reason for a sound construct of human communication. And what happens when we tolerate 'foreign ideas which reject the natural laws that sustain sound human communication constructs'.

A logical singularity... a message directly from the Creator using yours truly as a conduit.

(You should be honored... you must be seen as special by the creator. Having some sort of influence on someone or someones... OR.. your book of excuses which you'd otherwise like to use at your judgment is being revoked. Could be a combo... Who knows? it's over my pay grade. But it's still pretty cool!)

You mean like when Attorney Generals of States refuse to fight for their own states constitution as Jerry Brown did in California. Should he have been fired?

Kamala Harris is [soon to be "was"] the attorney general there. She and Brown ordered county clerks to ignore the state constitution, without clarification as to how that law was rendered "dead", to issue illegal "gay marriage" licenses. Polygamists of course may now marry anywhere gays are allowed or it would be discrimination against another type of sexual orientation...

Guess who the "mouthy minority" is now?

That's you...

Or do you 'feel' that because an infinitesimal number of people, judicially undermined the will of a MASSIVE MAJORITY, that this somehow sets you in the majority?

HEY! LOL! ... since that is clearly how ya feel, couldja do us a favor... purely for entertainment purposes... and tell us... LOL! ... EXACTLY HOW YOU CAME TO THAT CONCLUSION?

(Show us the math on that one... )

ROFLMNAO!
Enjoy kids.... this will be HYSTERICAL!

(Of course, she won't do it... because she IS LYING... BUT! How cool would it BE if she actually DID come to that conclusion and had a string of reasoning to offer, which she hoped would sustain that otherwise THROUGHLY INVALID position?)

That's you...

Or do you 'feel' that because an infinitesimal number of people, judicially undermined the will of a MASSIVE MAJORITY, that this somehow sets you in the majority?

HEY! LOL! ... since that is clearly how ya feel, couldja do us a favor... purely for entertainment purposes... and tell us... LOL! ... EXACTLY HOW YOU CAME TO THAT CONCLUSION?

ROFLMNAO!

(Of course, she won't do it... because she IS LYING... BUT! How cool would it BE if she actually DID come to that conclusion and had a string of reasoning to offer, which she hoped would sustain that otherwise THROUGHLY INVALID position?)
Are you making the assertion that the majority of citizens are against gay marriage?

Ironic!

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
ho·mo·pho·bic adjective

noun

Homo: Self.

Phobia: an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

So to know what homo-phobia means we merely place the two concepts together and we have:

"An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to: Self"

See, that's how it works.

I guess it'd be convenient if we could all just make up words relative to what we need them to mean, at any given moment. But if we did that, then the foundation of human communication would break down and we'd all be speaking around one another and be unable to convey to one another what we are thinking and very soon, this would result in the breakdown of society, war... chaos, calamity and catastrophe.

HOLY CRAP!

Look at THAT! That's right where we are now... on the edge of total societal collapse!

Now how cool is THAT?

We're literally witnessing (Again...) the reason for a sound construct of human communication. And what happens when we tolerate 'foreign ideas which reject the natural laws that sustain sound human communication constructs'.

A logical singularity... a message directly from the Creator using yours truly as a conduit.

(You should be honored... you must be seen as special by the creator. Having some sort of influence on someone or someones... OR.. your book of excuses which you'd otherwise like to use at your judgment is being revoked. Could be a combo... Who knows? it's over my pay grade. But it's still pretty cool!)

When you convince Merriam-Webster to change their dictionary definition you can get back to us.

Until then all you have is homophobic bigotry and fearmongering.

That's you...

ROFLMNAO!

Are you making the assertion that the majority of citizens are against gay marriage?

Less of an assertion and more of a delusion.

Folks, do you SEE how easy this is?

You're string into the face of EVIL! And "Old Testament Evil" at THAT.

Which is "VERY BAD!" to be sure, but evil is a LIE... it's only tool is DECEPTION. Peel away the facade and the TRUTH is right there, every single time... and this, without exception.

All it takes is knowing that its evil and you can know evil by its fruits. Abnormality is NOT normality... therefore, where one is telling you that abnormal, deviant, perversion is normal... you can rest assured that you're looking at evil. Now... go forth and PEEL AWAY!

It's FUN! Once you get the hang of it, you'll enjoy it and the rewards are SPECTACULAR!

Folks, do you SEE how easy this is?

You're string into the face of EVIL! And "Old Testament Evil" at THAT.

Which is "VERY BAD!" to be sure, but evil is a LIE... it's only tool is DECEPTION. Peel away the facade and the TRUTH is right there, every single time... and this, without exception.

All it takes is knowing that its evil and you can know evil by its fruits. Abnormality is NOT normality... therefore, where one is telling you that abnormal, deviant, perversion is normal... you can rest assured that you're looking at evil. Now... go forth and PEEL AWAY!

It's FUN! Once you get the hang of it, you'll enjoy it and the rewards are SPECTACULAR!
And why should we, as a secular nation, give a fig about an old testament?

You mean like when Attorney Generals of States refuse to fight for their own states constitution as Jerry Brown did in California. Should he have been fired?
That's an interesting point. Is it part of the job of an attorney general to fight for all laws even one they know is going to get shot down?

I certainly think it is their duty to defend the laws of their state........Jerry Brown, and I believe a number of others that didnt do that should have been fired......or had the integrity to quit. They should also have been disbarred(sp?).

The courts didn't agree with you. The courts ruled that the state didn't have to defend it.

Calif. Court: State Does Not Need to Defend Prop. 8

Forum List

Back