Honestly I like Bernie; Students should study for free

Sanders plan is a tax on Wall Street speculation to pay for it.

That's hilarious!!!
How much is his "speculation tax" going to raise each year?
Sanders thinks it will raise $240 Billion a year which would fund his program. The numbers have been disputed by financial institutions as they say it doesn’t compensate for drops in the market which may be caused by the tax.

The bill calls for a tax of 0.5% for stocks, 0.1% for bonds, and 0.005% for derivatives. A $1,000 stock trade would be taxed $5, while a $1,000 trade in derivatives would be taxed $0.05.

Sanders thinks it will raise $240 Billion a year which would fund his program.

Our top 15 financial service companies had combined Net Income of about $165 billion for FY2018.
I'm sure a tax that raised $240 billion would have absolutely no impact on securities trading or employment.

I guess we could look at other successful examples of this type of tax from around the world......
oh, right, there aren't any. Every time it was tried it killed trading and raised next to no new revenue and was quickly repealed.
I think you are mistaken with these numbers... Sanders plan is addressing public college tuition. Total revenue for public universities was $391 billion... 20% of which was tuition making the tuition revenue $78.2 billion a year. ASSUMING Bernie raises 240 Billion a year from the Wall Street tax, he would have plenty to cover the tuition costs. The remaining he wants to use to relieve student debt and invest in equity gaps and minority communities.

The Condition of Education - Postsecondary Education - Finances and Resources - Postsecondary Institution Revenues - Indicator May (2019)

Free College, Cancel Debt

ASSUMING Bernie raises 240 Billion a year from the Wall Street tax, he would have plenty to cover the tuition costs.

A tax 50% larger than the TOTAL PROFITS of the 15 largest US financial service companies, combined, would crush trading and all employment related to trading.

Tax revenues would fall. There would be no new revenues to pay for his giveaways.
My bad I misread your first post, you are talking about the financial institutions not the ability for the tax to pay for the tuition costs.

The tax isn't on the PROFITS of the financial institutions it would be on the transactions made so investors would eat the majority of the costs.

The tax isn't on the PROFITS of the financial institutions it would be on the transactions made

Correct. And when you see how big the supposed receipts would be, dwarfing the profits of the financial firms, you realize that rather than just swallowing the expense, investors would stop trading or move trading offshore.
The job losses and reduction in market activity would result in little to no net revenue.

ASSUMING Bernie raises 240 Billion a year from the Wall Street tax, he would have plenty to cover the tuition costs.

A tax 50% larger than the TOTAL PROFITS of the 15 largest US financial service companies, combined, would crush trading and all employment related to trading.

Tax revenues would fall. There would be no new revenues to pay for his giveaways.
My bad I misread your first post, you are talking about the financial institutions not the ability for the tax to pay for the tuition costs.

The tax isn't on the PROFITS of the financial institutions it would be on the transactions made so investors would eat the majority of the costs.
Taxing investment: What a great way to grow the economy.
Take from the rich and give to the poor... its an old school theory... there's a children's book about it.
You're right about one thing: the book is for children, not adults.
I've always liked the Robin Hood story. Which side do you see yourself wanting to support? The Rich or the Poor?

Robin Hood took from the tax collector and returned money to the people.

Which side do you see yourself supporting?

Bernie is The Reverse Robin-hood.

Take from the rich and give to the poor... its an old school theory... there's a children's book about it.
I've always liked the Robin Hood story. Which side do you see yourself wanting to support? The Rich or the Poor?

I think Im voting for Bernie. Students shouldn’t have to worry about debt and loans while studying to fix our broken society. These loans are immoral and need to be forgiven.
Also anyone working full time deserves a comfortable $15/hour wage and free medical care.
Thats all

Um,
You're voting for Bernie for the exact same reason everyone else voting for him is.......you're an ignoramus.

And how utterly selfish of you !
Only $15.00 /hr?

Why not $100 / hr? $200 /hr? $1000 /hr ?

How about we just take ALL the money from the rich and GIVE it to the poor !?!!!?!!

Fucking retards.

Giving these morons the right to vote is no different than giving the local drunk a bottle of whiskey, the keys to your car and a lead accelerator shoe..

I think Im voting for Bernie. Students shouldn’t have to worry about debt and loans while studying to fix our broken society. These loans are immoral and need to be forgiven.

Also anyone working full time deserves a comfortable $15/hour wage and free medical care.

Thats all
Have you and Bernie informed the staff of the countries universities that they'll be working for free?
what do you mean working for free?
The universities pay their bills, including payroll, with the use of those student loans.

If students are studying for free, that means that the Universities aren't getting any money.

How do you pay professors and left-wing extremists if you have no money?
The same way K-12 schools get paid for... Sanders plan is a tax on Wall Street speculation to pay for it.
So, it isn't free.

Thats all

Your naïveté is cute. Now, go back and watch the Disney channel and let the grownups talk...

Thats all

Screw that!

While we are wishing upon a star?

Why not create a government program that PAYS students to study?

Shit, this is easy. . . I can out Bern the Bernmeister. :auiqs.jpg:

imageedit_2265_9053068138.jpg

sanders-pixie-dust-56ba80af3df78c0b136ae8c5.jpg
0fb2a143581c68639f703f67f7ce621b.jpg

Honestly I like Bernie; Students should study for free

Thats all
Fuck Bernie Sanders. Studying is already free. Every MIT, yes that MIT, course is free online right now.

MIT OpenCourseWare | Free Online Course Materials

What does your fairy tale have to do with this thread?
having trouble drawing the connection? Well Bernie has policies wanting to take from the rich and give to the poor. Do I need to explain it more?

Generally speaking to you support the Rich or the Poor?
You and Bernie both believe in fairy tales. That's the correct conclusion.
Not gonna answer the question?
When did you stop beating your wife?
i don’t wife beat... but I do answer questions. Take notes

Sanders thinks it will raise $240 Billion a year which would fund his program. The numbers have been disputed by financial institutions as they say it doesn’t compensate for drops in the market which may be caused by the tax.

The bill calls for a tax of 0.5% for stocks, 0.1% for bonds, and 0.005% for derivatives. A $1,000 stock trade would be taxed $5, while a $1,000 trade in derivatives would be taxed $0.05.

Sanders thinks it will raise $240 Billion a year which would fund his program.

Our top 15 financial service companies had combined Net Income of about $165 billion for FY2018.
I'm sure a tax that raised $240 billion would have absolutely no impact on securities trading or employment.

I guess we could look at other successful examples of this type of tax from around the world......
oh, right, there aren't any. Every time it was tried it killed trading and raised next to no new revenue and was quickly repealed.
I think you are mistaken with these numbers... Sanders plan is addressing public college tuition. Total revenue for public universities was $391 billion... 20% of which was tuition making the tuition revenue $78.2 billion a year. ASSUMING Bernie raises 240 Billion a year from the Wall Street tax, he would have plenty to cover the tuition costs. The remaining he wants to use to relieve student debt and invest in equity gaps and minority communities.

The Condition of Education - Postsecondary Education - Finances and Resources - Postsecondary Institution Revenues - Indicator May (2019)

Free College, Cancel Debt

The tax isn't on the PROFITS of the financial institutions it would be on the transactions made

Correct. And when you see how big the supposed receipts would be, dwarfing the profits of the financial firms, you realize that rather than just swallowing the expense, investors would stop trading or move trading offshore.
The job losses and reduction in market activity would result in little to no net revenue.
I don’t know about that... the costs would be passed along to the investors so it wouldn’t dwarf profits... it will be a hit though... that’s the point, get the bulk of the money from those profiting millions and billions off the market to make our schools better.

The poor for sure... that’s why I don’t support a flat tax. How about yourself?

Thats all
Have you and Bernie informed the staff of the countries universities that they'll be working for free?
what do you mean working for free?
The universities pay their bills, including payroll, with the use of those student loans.

If students are studying for free, that means that the Universities aren't getting any money.

How do you pay professors and left-wing extremists if you have no money?
The same way K-12 schools get paid for... Sanders plan is a tax on Wall Street speculation to pay for it.
So, it isn't free.
Huh, I don’t understand your statement? Nothings free... but his play is to not charge students. Did you think I was saying that it would all magically happen without any money?

Students SHOULD study. NOT be there just for indoctrination.
Who is indoctrinating them?
When’s the last time you or someone you know was a college student?
The commies are teaching “White Man BADD!!”.
In which classes?
In every humanities class in the CUNY system.
Humanities? How many college kids are taking that class? I did engineering so maybe I was on the wrong side of campus

Students SHOULD study. NOT be there just for indoctrination.
Who is indoctrinating them?
When’s the last time you or someone you know was a college student?
The commies are teaching “White Man BADD!!”.
In which classes?
In every humanities class in the CUNY system.
Humanities? How many college kids are taking that class? I did engineering so maybe I was on the wrong side of campus
Requirements in CUNY; even for engineers, finance, medicine, etc...

Forum List

Back