Honourable Seattle cop makes video supporting the constitution, and chief suspends him, jeopardizes his job

But don’t feel too bad for Anderson, who said in a follow-up post that he expects to be fired for insubordination. While plenty take exception with his stance, he’s still getting lots of love. In fact, a GoFundMe page started on Monday has already raised more than $340,000 for him.
---------------------------I guess it pays for not doing your job.
Good for him.

Too often when you call out wrongdoing, all you get is your career crushed.

(Ask me how I know this.... go on, ask me)

But don’t feel too bad for Anderson, who said in a follow-up post that he expects to be fired for insubordination. While plenty take exception with his stance, he’s still getting lots of love. In fact, a GoFundMe page started on Monday has already raised more than $340,000 for him.
Good for him.

How do you know?

Good for him.

How do you know?
I called out and reported a CSM for illegal activity when I was in the army. And then I called out and reported the BN Cmdr for ignoring the illegal activity.

I wish I had had some guys around me with the integrity this guy showed, I could have used some support.

And no one opened a GoFundMe page for me either..... (although that may not have been a thing back then)

Good for him.

How do you know?
I called out and reported a CSM for illegal activity when I was in the army. And then I called out and reported the BN Cmdr for ignoring the illegal activity.

I wish I had had some guys around me with the integrity this guy showed, I could have used some support.

Thank you for your reply. But the gov makes rules and the cops are suppose to follow them. Community health involves the community people. He was wrong. Anyone can pray at home in the closet, you do not need a church.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to not do anything at all. Sadly letting your opinion on any matter be known in such a way just might be enough to put your job into jeopardy since no one can agree on everything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I thought about this matter some more and maybe the suspension happened for the safety of the guy who made the film. Do keep in mind that a suspension is all that happened to him instead of a flat out firing. While the guy is away, the person in charge can find out how the other employees feel about what the guy said on the film. If there is going to be any conflict because of the film's content, the person in charge will then have a better idea of who needs to be fired or transferred if that is an option. This is what happened with a cop on the Blue Bloods show in season six. A cop who should've been fired before Frank took over as commissioner eventually became eligible for a promotion, a promotion that everyone else in New York would've been completely against. The guy eventually was given the promotion, but only if he went to work somewhere else. A Blast From The Past is the name of the episode. Frank was afraid that keeping the guy in New York would've only compromised whatever safety was still intact where the other cops were concerned.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The world is upside down when Seattle officials supported OWS thugs and a year later the same officials threaten ordinary Americans with arrest if they violate unconstitutional edicts.
Thugs are the armed gun pussies on the Capitol steps demanding their right to spread Covid 19.

If he loses his job I hope he sues the force and his chief personally. Of course he's a former soldier, that's why he is so well spoken and loyal to the U.S constitution. God bless him.

If he is fired, I'd love him to come to Canada, he could replace 4 or 5 cops. We could use men like him.

Seattle police officer suspended after slamming ‘tyrannical’ lockdown orders in viral video

A Port of Seattle police officer was placed on paid administrative leave this week after a video he posted on social media slamming the state’s “tyrannical” lockdown orders went viral.

In a May 7 video posted on his Instagram account, a uniformed Officer Greg Anderson encouraged police officers to “stand up for what’s right” and defy orders to infringe on people’s constitutional rights amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m seeing people arrested or cited for going to church,” Officer Anderson said in the video, which was shot from inside a patrol car. “I don’t know what crime people are committing for doing nails in their own house. We have to ask ourselves as officers, is what I am doing right?”
Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop. Former means used to be. If he wanted to free people he should go back overseas.

So what makes him a 'dirty cop'???

He uses his personal belief over what the law allows. Some cops personally believe it's OK if they are paid off to look the other direction.
It's not his personal beliefs, God damn you are that easy to roll over and get fucked up the butt?

Good for him.

How do you know?

Thank you for your reply. But the gov makes rules and the cops are suppose to follow them. Community health involves the community people. He was wrong. Anyone can pray at home in the closet, you do not need a church.
You're thinking is simply wrong, and it's not compatible with living in a free country.

If he loses his job I hope he sues the force and his chief personally. Of course he's a former soldier, that's why he is so well spoken and loyal to the U.S constitution. God bless him.

If he is fired, I'd love him to come to Canada, he could replace 4 or 5 cops. We could use men like him.

Seattle police officer suspended after slamming ‘tyrannical’ lockdown orders in viral video

A Port of Seattle police officer was placed on paid administrative leave this week after a video he posted on social media slamming the state’s “tyrannical” lockdown orders went viral.

In a May 7 video posted on his Instagram account, a uniformed Officer Greg Anderson encouraged police officers to “stand up for what’s right” and defy orders to infringe on people’s constitutional rights amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m seeing people arrested or cited for going to church,” Officer Anderson said in the video, which was shot from inside a patrol car. “I don’t know what crime people are committing for doing nails in their own house. We have to ask ourselves as officers, is what I am doing right?”
Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop. Former means used to be. If he wanted to free people he should go back overseas.

He uses his personal belief over what the law allows. Some cops personally believe it's OK if they are paid off to look the other direction.
It's not his personal beliefs, God damn you are that easy to roll over and get fucked up the butt?

If it's not his personal belief, then whose beliefs is he going by when he refuses to follow the law?

What law?

An executive order is the equivalent. Most or all governors have issued executive orders during this pandemic and before, including in states like Texas.

No, it is not.

There is not any jurisdiction, anywhere in this country, where any one person has any legitimate authority to make a law, or to give an order and have that order treated as if it were a law. This is a republic, not a monarchy.

Since he had already told his superiors of his stance, they already knew of his beliefs...and he's not being 'paid off to look the other direction'

Cops are there to enforce laws within the Constitution and without violating the publics rights. The stay at home orders mandated by the governor IS violating those rights.

Tell me something...…….if your boss told you to do something illegal, like rob the till or kill your coworker...….would you do it??? Because your boss told you too?????

That is a stupid analogy. I don't have a boss, but if i did, he wouldn't be able to make the laws. He shouldn't be allowed the authority he is given to enforce the laws if he refuses to follow them himself. I think laws against speeding is an infringement of my rights, but I don't expect any cop to let me get away with it. It's not his decision to make.

1. NO it's not a stupid analogy. His bosses are telling him to break his oath to uphold the Constitution....thereby telling him to break the law.

2. Your boss wouldn't make or uphold or enforce any laws UNLESS YOU WERE A COP. Then yes, he would have the authority to enforce the laws...but anyone that refuses to obey those laws are subject to prosecution. And somewhere in there you're comparing apples to oranges..... ...Because Dominos pizza delivery is not the same as being a policeman...…. BUT as a cop, thru chain of command, his ultimate superior is the governor, who is insisting the police enforce some plan to keep some people locked in their homes. It's not a law, since it was never legislated in the state. This is the governor order that he came up with on his own outside of his jurisdiction. Which would be the same if Trump tried to enforce some 'law' without Congress approval...….and you know damned well you'd scream like a banshee if he tried that.

3. Speed laws are just that. Laws to limit the speed at which you are allowed to travel thru areas based on safety for yourself and others. When you violate that speed law, you will get a ticket. It is his decision cause he's the law enforcement. Again....;...not the same

The governor of every state is empowered by the states laws to determine rules in critical situations, and law enforcement is expected to carry those rules out. The state legislatures are certainly able to overrule him if they choose to do so, but that has not happened. Read your state constitution. Doesn't matter which state. It's in there.
Wrong is wrong.

I don't care what a law says.
Everything Hitler did was legal there and then, wasn't it?
Hanging runaway slaves was legal too.

Police officers are now supposed to ignore the rapists and robbers. They must raid churches and kick in the door of a woman getting her nails done.

Thank you for your reply. But the gov makes rules and the cops are suppose to follow them.

And there are rules dictate how government is to go about making rules/laws. The process involves legislative bodies composed of elected representatives of the people, drafting bills, which are then sent to an executive to be signed into law.

There is not any legitimate process, in this nation, in any jurisdiction, by which the power to make any rule/law that the citizens are required to obey, can be made unilaterally by one individual acting as a dictator.

He was wrong. Anyone can pray at home in the closet, you do not need a church.

That's not your call to make. Nor is it government's call to make. Government's place is to strictly obey the Constitution, and to uphold the rights which the Constitution affirms and protects.

The world is upside down when Seattle officials supported OWS thugs and a year later the same officials threaten ordinary Americans with arrest if they violate unconstitutional edicts.

Sounds like yet a other agency the conservatives were unable to conserve.

What law?

An executive order is the equivalent. Most or all governors have issued executive orders during this pandemic and before, including in states like Texas.

No, it is not.

There is not any jurisdiction, anywhere in this country, where any one person has any legitimate authority to make a law, or to give an order and have that order treated as if it were a law. This is a republic, not a monarchy.

The departments of health can issue orders that have the force of law.
The governors of states can issue orders to the departments of health.

Good for him.

How do you know?

the more you talk the more ignorant you prove yourself to be,,,

What law?

No, it is not.

The departments of health can issue orders that have the force of law.
The governors of states can issue orders to the departments of health.
NO THEY CAN"T!!!!

If it's not his personal belief, then whose beliefs is he going by when he refuses to follow the law?

THE CONSTITUTION IS THE LAW. IT IS THE HIGHEST LAW, TAKING PRECEDENCE OVER ALL OTHER LAWS.

An officer of the law, or any other public official, who is willing to violate the Constitution, is no better than the lowest criminal.

I find it ironic when left wrong-wing filth try to play the “rule of law” card in defense of lawlessness and corruption on the part of government.

Sorry but he has no suit. He violated policy.

Forum List

Back