Honourable Seattle cop makes video supporting the constitution, and chief suspends him, jeopardizes his job

If he loses his job I hope he sues the force and his chief personally. Of course he's a former soldier, that's why he is so well spoken and loyal to the U.S constitution. God bless him.

If he is fired, I'd love him to come to Canada, he could replace 4 or 5 cops. We could use men like him.

Seattle police officer suspended after slamming ‘tyrannical’ lockdown orders in viral video

A Port of Seattle police officer was placed on paid administrative leave this week after a video he posted on social media slamming the state’s “tyrannical” lockdown orders went viral.

In a May 7 video posted on his Instagram account, a uniformed Officer Greg Anderson encouraged police officers to “stand up for what’s right” and defy orders to infringe on people’s constitutional rights amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m seeing people arrested or cited for going to church,” Officer Anderson said in the video, which was shot from inside a patrol car. “I don’t know what crime people are committing for doing nails in their own house. We have to ask ourselves as officers, is what I am doing right?”
Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop. Former means used to be. If he wanted to free people he should go back overseas.

So what makes him a 'dirty cop'???
Any cop that doesnt adhere to his job description is a dirty cop.

Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop.

WTF is wrong with this guy? I didn't see him whining about the cops stopping people from going into Galveston after the last big hurricane. He is supposed to enforce the laws. If he has a problem with that, he should find another job.

The First Amendment •IS• the law. In fact, as part of the Constitution, it is the highest law, taking precedence above all others.

A dirty cop would be one who violates the Constitution, in order to enforce lesser laws or even executive orders created without legislative authority.
A dirty cop is one that arbitrarily decides he gets to determine when and where he will do what he is paid to do. Rouge dirty cops are not a good look and the primary reason most people think all cops are bad.

If he loses his job I hope he sues the force and his chief personally. Of course he's a former soldier, that's why he is so well spoken and loyal to the U.S constitution. God bless him.

If he is fired, I'd love him to come to Canada, he could replace 4 or 5 cops. We could use men like him.

Seattle police officer suspended after slamming ‘tyrannical’ lockdown orders in viral video

A Port of Seattle police officer was placed on paid administrative leave this week after a video he posted on social media slamming the state’s “tyrannical” lockdown orders went viral.

In a May 7 video posted on his Instagram account, a uniformed Officer Greg Anderson encouraged police officers to “stand up for what’s right” and defy orders to infringe on people’s constitutional rights amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m seeing people arrested or cited for going to church,” Officer Anderson said in the video, which was shot from inside a patrol car. “I don’t know what crime people are committing for doing nails in their own house. We have to ask ourselves as officers, is what I am doing right?”
Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop. Former means used to be. If he wanted to free people he should go back overseas.

He uses his personal belief over what the law allows. Some cops personally believe it's OK if they are paid off to look the other direction.

Since he had already told his superiors of his stance, they already knew of his beliefs...and he's not being 'paid off to look the other direction'

Cops are there to enforce laws within the Constitution and without violating the publics rights. The stay at home orders mandated by the governor IS violating those rights.

Tell me something...…….if your boss told you to do something illegal, like rob the till or kill your coworker...….would you do it??? Because your boss told you too?????

He uses his personal belief over what the law allows. Some cops personally believe it's OK if they are paid off to look the other direction.

Since he had already told his superiors of his stance, they already knew of his beliefs...and he's not being 'paid off to look the other direction'

Cops are there to enforce laws within the Constitution and without violating the publics rights. The stay at home orders mandated by the governor IS violating those rights.

Tell me something...…….if your boss told you to do something illegal, like rob the till or kill your coworker...….would you do it??? Because your boss told you too?????
Personally I would quit and report them. This dickhead stayed. If you stay then you lack honor. You arent getting paid to have an opinion. Youre getting paid to do your job.

That's your opinion and only because it fits your argument in this case.

But we all know that a 'dirty cop' is one that breaks the law and uses/abuses his position of authority. This guy didn't do that

That's your opinion and only because it fits your argument in this case.

But we all know that a 'dirty cop' is one that breaks the law and uses/abuses his position of authority. This guy didn't do that
You dont have to break any laws to be a dirty cop. You can turn your head and allow other people to commit crimes. I wasnt asking your permission. I was telling you what a dirty cop is. I've seen too many as a kid.

Personally I would quit and report them. This dickhead stayed. If you stay then you lack honor. You arent getting paid to have an opinion. Youre getting paid to do your job.

He didn't exactly 'stay'. He knew his job would be on the line for making the video in the beginning. He was then put on admin leave and requested to take down the video. he refused and may be fired by now, IDK. Considering he knew the risks he was taking to make the video, I'm thinking he had had enough of the BS he was 'required' to do in that job

That is a stupid analogy. I don't have a boss, but if i did, he wouldn't be able to make the laws. He shouldn't be allowed the authority he is given to enforce the laws if he refuses to follow them himself. I think laws against speeding is an infringement of my rights, but I don't expect any cop to let me get away with it. It's not his decision to make.

He didn't exactly 'stay'. He knew his job would be on the line for making the video in the beginning. He was then put on admin leave and requested to take down the video. he refused and may be fired by now, IDK. Considering he knew the risks he was taking to make the video, I'm thinking he had had enough of the BS he was 'required' to do in that job

It's obvious he should no longer be a cop.

You have no concept of the Constitution.

You have no concept of the Constitution.

I'm not sure you are the one most qualified to make that determination.

Cops are there to enforce laws within the Constitution and without violating the publics [sic] rights. The stay at home orders mandated by the governor IS violating those rights.

Indeed, there are two vital points to be made here.

First, the First Amendment explicitly affirms a right of the people to peaceably assemble. Originally, as written, it forbade the federal government from enacting any laws which violate this right. By incorporation under the Fourteenth Amendment, all levels of government are now forbidden from violating this right.

The only way that it is possible for any level of government to have any legitimate authority to violate this right would be to ratify an amendment to the Constitution, overturning the First Amendment's assertion of this right, and assigning the relevant authority to whatever part of government is intended to have it.

The second point is that law enforcement officers have the authority to enforce laws. And valid laws are only made, at any level of government within this country, through a legislative process. By wise design, and for very good reason, there is not any jurisdiction anywhere in this country, where the authority to make a law is vested in the hands of one individual.

An executive order from a Governor, or even from the President, is not a law, and no obligation exists on the part of any member of the public to obey any such order, nor any authority or power on the part of any officer of the law or any court, to enforce any such order.

So Mr. Anderson is right, in two ways. He has no duty nor authority to enforce a non-law, or to arrest or otherwise harass any citizen for failing to comply with a non-law; and even if there was a law demanding it, he has no duty nor authority to violate the Constitution, or to arrest or otherwise harass a citizen for legitimately exercising an explicitly-affirmed Constitutional right.

Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop.

The First Amendment •IS• the law. In fact, as part of the Constitution, it is the highest law, taking precedence above all others.

A dirty cop would be one who violates the Constitution, in order to enforce lesser laws or even executive orders created without legislative authority.

There are limits to the first amendment. You can't yell FIRE in a crowded theater. He doesn't have the authority to decide which limitations are proper.
Yes he does, he's a man.

That is a stupid analogy. I don't have a boss, but if i did, he wouldn't be able to make the laws. He shouldn't be allowed the authority he is given to enforce the laws if he refuses to follow them himself. I think laws against speeding is an infringement of my rights, but I don't expect any cop to let me get away with it. It's not his decision to make.
I do.

I don't like road pirates.

No law-enforcement officer is authorized to make a determination of whether a law is valid or not. This is not what the taxpayers pay LEO's to do.

Moreover, he appeared to be wearing his uniform and was in a patrol car, identifying himself in the video as a member of a specific police department. No person in a position of authority is permitted to wear their uniform while making personal political statements to the public, as this would undermine the public's trust in their organizations. I remember a general at the Pentagon got in trouble for doing just that while speaking in his role as a member of a highly opinionated and aggressive religious/political group.

1. NO it's not a stupid analogy. His bosses are telling him to break his oath to uphold the Constitution....thereby telling him to break the law.

2. Your boss wouldn't make or uphold or enforce any laws UNLESS YOU WERE A COP. Then yes, he would have the authority to enforce the laws...but anyone that refuses to obey those laws are subject to prosecution. And somewhere in there you're comparing apples to oranges..... ...Because Dominos pizza delivery is not the same as being a policeman...…. BUT as a cop, thru chain of command, his ultimate superior is the governor, who is insisting the police enforce some plan to keep some people locked in their homes. It's not a law, since it was never legislated in the state. This is the governor order that he came up with on his own outside of his jurisdiction. Which would be the same if Trump tried to enforce some 'law' without Congress approval...….and you know damned well you'd scream like a banshee if he tried that.

3. Speed laws are just that. Laws to limit the speed at which you are allowed to travel thru areas based on safety for yourself and others. When you violate that speed law, you will get a ticket. It is his decision cause he's the law enforcement. Again....;...not the same

Forum List

Back