Honourable Seattle cop makes video supporting the constitution, and chief suspends him, jeopardizes his job

No law-enforcement officer is authorized to make a determination of whether a law is valid or not. This is not what the taxpayers pay LEO's to do.

Moreover, he appeared to be wearing his uniform and was in a patrol car, identifying himself in the video as a member of a specific police department. No person in a position of authority is permitted to wear their uniform while making personal political statements to the public, as this would undermine the public's trust in their organizations. I remember a general at the Pentagon got in trouble for doing just that while speaking in his role as a member of a highly opinionated and aggressive religious/political group.
Wrong.

Every single one of them is.

And it's about damn time one did.

Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop.

The First Amendment •IS• the law. In fact, as part of the Constitution, it is the highest law, taking precedence above all others.

A dirty cop would be one who violates the Constitution, in order to enforce lesser laws or even executive orders created without legislative authority.

There are limits to the first amendment. You can't yell FIRE in a crowded theater. He doesn't have the authority to decide which limitations are proper.
Yes he does, he's a man.

Thank you. It's always nice to hear from you sovereign citizen nut bags.

If he loses his job I hope he sues the force and his chief personally. Of course he's a former soldier, that's why he is so well spoken and loyal to the U.S constitution. God bless him.

If he is fired, I'd love him to come to Canada, he could replace 4 or 5 cops. We could use men like him.

Seattle police officer suspended after slamming ‘tyrannical’ lockdown orders in viral video

A Port of Seattle police officer was placed on paid administrative leave this week after a video he posted on social media slamming the state’s “tyrannical” lockdown orders went viral.

In a May 7 video posted on his Instagram account, a uniformed Officer Greg Anderson encouraged police officers to “stand up for what’s right” and defy orders to infringe on people’s constitutional rights amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m seeing people arrested or cited for going to church,” Officer Anderson said in the video, which was shot from inside a patrol car. “I don’t know what crime people are committing for doing nails in their own house. We have to ask ourselves as officers, is what I am doing right?”
Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop. Former means used to be. If he wanted to free people he should go back overseas.

So what makes him a 'dirty cop'???

He uses his personal belief over what the law allows. Some cops personally believe it's OK if they are paid off to look the other direction.

Since he had already told his superiors of his stance, they already knew of his beliefs...and he's not being 'paid off to look the other direction'

Cops are there to enforce laws within the Constitution and without violating the publics rights. The stay at home orders mandated by the governor IS violating those rights.

Tell me something...…….if your boss told you to do something illegal, like rob the till or kill your coworker...….would you do it??? Because your boss told you too?????

That is a stupid analogy. I don't have a boss, but if i did, he wouldn't be able to make the laws. He shouldn't be allowed the authority he is given to enforce the laws if he refuses to follow them himself. I think laws against speeding is an infringement of my rights, but I don't expect any cop to let me get away with it. It's not his decision to make.

1. NO it's not a stupid analogy. His bosses are telling him to break his oath to uphold the Constitution....thereby telling him to break the law.

2. Your boss wouldn't make or uphold or enforce any laws UNLESS YOU WERE A COP. Then yes, he would have the authority to enforce the laws...but anyone that refuses to obey those laws are subject to prosecution. And somewhere in there you're comparing apples to oranges..... ...Because Dominos pizza delivery is not the same as being a policeman...…. BUT as a cop, thru chain of command, his ultimate superior is the governor, who is insisting the police enforce some plan to keep some people locked in their homes. It's not a law, since it was never legislated in the state. This is the governor order that he came up with on his own outside of his jurisdiction. Which would be the same if Trump tried to enforce some 'law' without Congress approval...….and you know damned well you'd scream like a banshee if he tried that.

3. Speed laws are just that. Laws to limit the speed at which you are allowed to travel thru areas based on safety for yourself and others. When you violate that speed law, you will get a ticket. It is his decision cause he's the law enforcement. Again....;...not the same

The governor of every state is empowered by the states laws to determine rules in critical situations, and law enforcement is expected to carry those rules out. The state legislatures are certainly able to overrule him if they choose to do so, but that has not happened. Read your state constitution. Doesn't matter which state. It's in there.

Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop.

The First Amendment •IS• the law. In fact, as part of the Constitution, it is the highest law, taking precedence above all others.

A dirty cop would be one who violates the Constitution, in order to enforce lesser laws or even executive orders created without legislative authority.

There are limits to the first amendment. You can't yell FIRE in a crowded theater. He doesn't have the authority to decide which limitations are proper.
Yes he does, he's a man.

It's never nice, but always useful, to be reminded of how many people out there simply don't value freedom.

Ya'll are how every dictatorship in history rose to power, rather than being strangled in its infancy. (Smh)

Stay away from me.

If he loses his job I hope he sues the force and his chief personally. Of course he's a former soldier, that's why he is so well spoken and loyal to the U.S constitution. God bless him.

If he is fired, I'd love him to come to Canada, he could replace 4 or 5 cops. We could use men like him.

Seattle police officer suspended after slamming ‘tyrannical’ lockdown orders in viral video

A Port of Seattle police officer was placed on paid administrative leave this week after a video he posted on social media slamming the state’s “tyrannical” lockdown orders went viral.

In a May 7 video posted on his Instagram account, a uniformed Officer Greg Anderson encouraged police officers to “stand up for what’s right” and defy orders to infringe on people’s constitutional rights amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m seeing people arrested or cited for going to church,” Officer Anderson said in the video, which was shot from inside a patrol car. “I don’t know what crime people are committing for doing nails in their own house. We have to ask ourselves as officers, is what I am doing right?”
Yeah but his job is to uphold the law now. From what I understand he is just another dirty cop. Former means used to be. If he wanted to free people he should go back overseas.

He uses his personal belief over what the law allows. Some cops personally believe it's OK if they are paid off to look the other direction.

Since he had already told his superiors of his stance, they already knew of his beliefs...and he's not being 'paid off to look the other direction'

Cops are there to enforce laws within the Constitution and without violating the publics rights. The stay at home orders mandated by the governor IS violating those rights.

Tell me something...…….if your boss told you to do something illegal, like rob the till or kill your coworker...….would you do it??? Because your boss told you too?????

That is a stupid analogy. I don't have a boss, but if i did, he wouldn't be able to make the laws. He shouldn't be allowed the authority he is given to enforce the laws if he refuses to follow them himself. I think laws against speeding is an infringement of my rights, but I don't expect any cop to let me get away with it. It's not his decision to make.

1. NO it's not a stupid analogy. His bosses are telling him to break his oath to uphold the Constitution....thereby telling him to break the law.

2. Your boss wouldn't make or uphold or enforce any laws UNLESS YOU WERE A COP. Then yes, he would have the authority to enforce the laws...but anyone that refuses to obey those laws are subject to prosecution. And somewhere in there you're comparing apples to oranges..... ...Because Dominos pizza delivery is not the same as being a policeman...…. BUT as a cop, thru chain of command, his ultimate superior is the governor, who is insisting the police enforce some plan to keep some people locked in their homes. It's not a law, since it was never legislated in the state. This is the governor order that he came up with on his own outside of his jurisdiction. Which would be the same if Trump tried to enforce some 'law' without Congress approval...….and you know damned well you'd scream like a banshee if he tried that.

3. Speed laws are just that. Laws to limit the speed at which you are allowed to travel thru areas based on safety for yourself and others. When you violate that speed law, you will get a ticket. It is his decision cause he's the law enforcement. Again....;...not the same

The governor of every state is empowered by the states laws to determine rules in critical situations, and law enforcement is expected to carry those rules out. The state legislatures are certainly able to overrule him if they choose to do so, but that has not happened. Read your state constitution. Doesn't matter which state. It's in there.
Wrong is wrong.

I don't care what a law says.
Everything Hitler did was legal there and then, wasn't it?

Yes he does, he's a man.

It's never nice, but always useful, to be reminded of how many people out there simply don't value freedom.

Ya'll are how every dictatorship in history rose to power, rather than being strangled in its infancy. (Smh)

Stay away from me.

No problem there buddy. I give you tinfoil hatters all the room you need.

Wrong is wrong.

That was a quick trip to Hitler. You got there a lot faster than most nut bags.

If the civil war turns hot half the cops ain't showing up for work
commies.jpeg

Wrong is wrong.

It is a bit overused as an example, but oh so accurate.

If the civil war turns hot half the cops ain't showing up for work
View attachment 336323

I don't know anybody dumb enough to ask you much.

Wrong is wrong.

I'm sure you think it is. Oh well, --- I'm not trained to deal really with hard core nut bags, so have a nice night. I'll just quietly walk away and hope you don't do anything really crazy before I get away.

No law-enforcement officer is authorized to make a determination of whether a law is valid or not. This is not what the taxpayers pay LEO's to do.

Moreover, he appeared to be wearing his uniform and was in a patrol car, identifying himself in the video as a member of a specific police department. No person in a position of authority is permitted to wear their uniform while making personal political statements to the public, as this would undermine the public's trust in their organizations. I remember a general at the Pentagon got in trouble for doing just that while speaking in his role as a member of a highly opinionated and aggressive religious/political group.
Wrong.

You are the one who is wrong. There is no support for your assertion. LEO's do not judge laws. They only enforce them. Court proceedings must be filed if someone thinks that a law is unconstitutional.

No law-enforcement officer is authorized to make a determination of whether a law is valid or not
What law?

An executive order is the equivalent. Most or all governors have issued executive orders during this pandemic and before, including in states like Texas.

Especially in Texas. I already mentioned it once, but after the last really bad hurricane hit Galveston, Governors orders kept everyone off the island unless they were part of emergency crews. People that lived there couldn't even go look at the damage to their property for a couple of weeks. The constitutional right to freely travel or to stay on your own property didn't mean much.

Wrong is wrong.

I'm sure you think it is. Oh well, --- I'm not trained to deal really with hard core nut bags, so have a nice night. I'll just quietly walk away and hope you don't do anything really crazy before I get away.
Prudent of you.

It's always a good idea to stop showing your ass in public.

No law-enforcement officer is authorized to make a determination of whether a law is valid or not
What law?

An executive order is the equivalent. Most or all governors have issued executive orders during this pandemic and before, including in states like Texas.
No it isn't.

And it's only as enforceable as the people allow it to be.

We are many, we are trained, we are armed, and we are pissed.

Keep fucking around and find out.

His duty is to uphold the CONSTITUTION. He is not the governors personal goon

So he is taking the law in his own hands, he derserves to have his license taken away.

Wrong.

You are the one who is wrong. There is no support for your assertion. LEO's do not judge laws. They only enforce them. Court proceedings must be filed if someone thinks that a law is unconstitutional.
A violation of their oath causes them to lose their qualified immunity. Some activists I know are already going after them personally in the courts, and even the SCOTUS is starting to look at the issue due to all the abuses.

This is going to be corrected, one way or another...... how bloody that gets is up to ya'll.

But don’t feel too bad for Anderson, who said in a follow-up post that he expects to be fired for insubordination. While plenty take exception with his stance, he’s still getting lots of love. In fact, a GoFundMe page started on Monday has already raised more than $340,000 for him.
---------------------------I guess it pays for not doing your job.

Forum List

Back