HOR Republicans vote 225-201 to sue the President

What's truly bizarre about this is that there are apparently no republican members of the House who are lawyers of good faith and conscience.

No republican lawyers who have the courage to go to the Speaker and tell him that he has no standing to sue, that the president has not abused his powers, and that the courts will refuse to involve themselves in conflicts between the Legislative and Executive branches of government in accordance with the political question doctrine.

gawd are you all so much partisan hacks that the laws means nothing anymore
How can DHS change the rules of ObamaCare AFTER it was singed into LAW by Obama?

I agree with Boehner....and Foxx...

http://rt.com/usa/176868-house-votes-sue-obama/

"This isn't about Republicans and Democrats. It's about defending the Constitution that we swore an oath to uphold," Boehner said, according to Talking Points Memo. "Are you willing to let any president choose what laws to execute and what laws to change? Are you willing to let anyone tear apart what our founders have built?"

Other Republicans also framed the vote in terms of Congress’ constitutional responsibility.

"If there were a Republican president doing the same thing, I would feel just as strongly. This is about the Constitution," said Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) to the Huffington Post. "For too long, this body, under the leadership of both Democrats and Republicans, has ceded parts of our constitutional authority to the executive branch."

I think it is a risky "political" move. But frankly, I don't care about the politics. I care about the PRINCIPLE. Let the chips fall......

Damn right it is.. Too many RINO/LIBERAL talking points regarding the lawlessness of this President and I'm sick of hearing Conservatives parroting liberals.. Can you imagine the Founders saying, "Well he broke the law numerous times but we can't impeach him. " It boggles the mind actually.. IMPEACH

I agree with Boehner....and Foxx...

http://rt.com/usa/176868-house-votes-sue-obama/

"This isn't about Republicans and Democrats. It's about defending the Constitution that we swore an oath to uphold," Boehner said, according to Talking Points Memo. "Are you willing to let any president choose what laws to execute and what laws to change? Are you willing to let anyone tear apart what our founders have built?"

Other Republicans also framed the vote in terms of Congress’ constitutional responsibility.

"If there were a Republican president doing the same thing, I would feel just as strongly. This is about the Constitution," said Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) to the Huffington Post. "For too long, this body, under the leadership of both Democrats and Republicans, has ceded parts of our constitutional authority to the executive branch."

I think it is a risky "political" move. But frankly, I don't care about the politics. I care about the PRINCIPLE. Let the chips fall......

You're correct in that we've heard nothing but the "politics" of impeaching this bastard.. Since when did politics trump the Constitution?

Oh, you really are that stupid, now aren't you....

poor thing.

There are 435 seats in the HOR.

225 - 201 means there were 225 yeah votes and 201 nay votes, with 9 absences or abstentions.

Writing it as 225 - 201 is standard procedure. People with brains in their heads already know this.

Thank you for playing.

The brazen chest pounding by liberals immediately denoucing this lawsuit on the grounds of it being ill-politically advised, instead of denoucing the lawsuit on its actually merits, tells me that liberals admit that Obama has indeed done many malign things worthy of impeachment, but are saying "Wut u gonna do bout it? Nany Nany Poo Poo"

You're all going to get rocked so hard when the courts rule against Obama --- again.

There you are, once again, poor thing, very, very wrong.

Raise your hand if you want to pursue an utterly hopeless legal course of action...

GOP embraces futility.

more people voted obama the worst than voted for any other president as the worst. Its called a plurality.

Therefore, by virtue of that poll, obama is the worst president since WW2. Like anyone should be surprised by that:eek:

You really cannot be that stupid, now can you? Why, yes, you can.

In that one and only poll, it was Obama 32, Bush 29 and then some others. This means that 78% of respondents did NOT think that he is the worst president since WWII.

You do understand that very simply mathematical fact, right?

Wtf is it these days with Righties and simple math?
Let's see if anybody can spot the "that very simply mathematical fact".:D

You pompous and stupid imp!

Well, the intelligent ones figured it out. Must suck to me you.

News nugget for my fellow lybyryls:

Only five Republicans voted against this resolution. One of them was Steve Stockman, of "let's throw Lois Lyrnyr in jail" fame. It appears that Ryprysyntytyve Stockmyn has finally come around and realized that President Obama isn't such a bad benevolent president-for-life after all.

Except "all five Republicans who voted against the lawsuit, including Paul Broun of Georgia and Steve Stockman of Texas, did so because they believe impeachment is more appropriate. "

See more at: GOP Realizes Impeaching Obama Is Impossible, Votes to Sue Him Instead - The Daily Beast

Ahhh, the five flat-earthers in the HOR!!!

News nugget for my fellow lybyryls:

Only five Republicans voted against this resolution. One of them was Steve Stockman, of "let's throw Lois Lyrnyr in jail" fame. It appears that Ryprysyntytyve Stockmyn has finally come around and realized that President Obama isn't such a bad benevolent president-for-life after all.

LOL. If Stat can come down on Conservative Math is it okay if I come down on you for really poor spelling? (I guess it's possible that you have a broken keyboard).

I also found this to be a pretty ingenious, liberal thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ack-voters-and-avoid-looking-too-liberal.html

Actually, just for the record, there is no such thing as Conservative Math or Liberal Math. There is just plain old math.

Now, if a Conservative (or a Liberal) is too fucking stupid to realize how the math works and I laugh at him (oh, hi, Meathead), it doesn't mean it was Conservative Math. It just means he was fucking stupid!!!

:D

So Republicans pass on funding more to the VA and Border Patrol, but sue POTUS for making medical insurance companies pay and Americans responsible for their own healthcare costs. OUTSTANDING!!!! <sarcasm>

More of the Republicans have nothing crap!

The prior POTUS used "signing statements" to simply ignore aspects of laws that he refused to implement or wanted done differently. In fact he did it 161 times affecting over 1,100 provisions of law in 160 Congressional enactments.

List of Presidential Signing Statements Issued by George W. Bush

that isn't the question...When has a President PASSED and SIGNED something into law and then had his DHS UNDER HIS reign change the rules over 20 different times

Moving the goal posts again?

This was your original question;
Libs answer this?, when has any President or any Government agency had the ability or power to change the rules of a LAW over 20 times without going through Congress

Which you are trying to morph into this instead;
When has a President PASSED and SIGNED something into law and then had his DHS UNDER HIS reign change the rules over 20 different times

FYI 100% of all those "signing statements" occurred when the "President PASSED and SIGNED something into law". He was simply being pre-emptive about his "changing the rules" 161 times and you never once saw fit to question his "power" to do so.

Oh, did Stephanie move the goalposts as soon as she realized she fucked up???

I am totally surprised at this development.

"Let's roll", Stephanie!!!! Voom-voom!!!

You know of course if this whole situation was reversed and Obama was a Republican doing the same thing the left would be trashing him and the right cheering him.

Oh, I don't know. Most on the Left know silliness when they see it. When Righties see silliness, they then bow down to Rush Limpballs and kiss his ring and wait for further instructions...

You know of course if this whole situation was reversed and Obama was a Republican doing the same thing the left would be trashing him and the right cheering him.

Oh, I don't know. Most on the Left know silliness when they see it. When Righties see silliness, they then bow down to Rush Limpballs and kiss his ring and wait for further instructions...

I don't know what most on the right and left do and do not know but I have seen enough hypocrisy on both sides to know I'm right.

I don't know what most on the right and left do and do not know but I have seen enough hypocrisy on both sides to know I'm right.

And there you have it!!!

lol...

And there you have it!!!

lol...
If you mean the truth you sure do unless your claiming you have never seen both sides engage in hypocrisy.

And there you have it!!!

lol...
If you mean the truth you sure do unless your claiming you have never seen both sides engage in hypocrisy.

There are more than two sides and I find it VERY hypocritical that you name only two!!

:D

But yes, in Washington, DC, hypocrisy abounds on all sides. Indeed.

Do you feel better now after I applied that statalicious salve to your wounded soul?

Forum List

Back