🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

House Bill Would Revoke Washington NFL Team's Trademarks

You'd think native Americans would be proud to have their imagine on things within our country. ;) As a half breed native myself I am!
I recall when "half breed" was a slur.
But I guess it's different when you say it
I call my kids the half breeds all the time.

Me: "Hi Carol, my wife and I are going on a date tonight. Can you watch the half breeds?"

Carol: "It's been many moons since you two went on a date. I'd be glad to watch the papooses."

Wonder what they would do to this?

They would probably wonder why you are off topic and farming to be the top poster of a forum that doesn't screen people that are off topic.

Seems basic to me.

Off topic.... they regulate a word that only recently has a negative attached to it, but not nigga which has for decades a negative connotation. What ever happened to free speech? You don't like a word, don't use it!

You should know the difference between revoking a (™) and controlling a word nationally........

Or are you stating that the American people can't say "Indians" anymore?

Isn't INDIANS a no no? Indigenous people is the proper term used by the asshole PC people.
We consider it anonymous. It's only Leftist shit disturber Indians that raise a stink over it, just like racist blacks demand everyone call them African-American.

Redskins.jpg

Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) introduced legislation Tuesday that would revoke trademarks for the Washington NFL team for as long as the franchise keeps its controversial name.

"It is unbelievable to me that, in the 21st century, a prominent NFL franchise is calling itself by a racial slur," Honda said in a statement. "Team names should not be offensive to anyone. Allowing trademark protection of this word is akin to the government approving its use. Removing that trademark will send a clear message that this name is not acceptable."

The bill would officially deem the word "redskins" a disparaging term, making it ineligible for trademark under the Lanham Act. The legislation would retroactively revoke the team's existing trademarks and block new ones using the term. Honda co-sponsored similar legislation in 2013.

More: House Bill Would Revoke Washington NFL Team s Trademarks

Sounds good. However, Republicans will probably vote against the bill.
Meaningless nonsense that will go nowhere

Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) introduced legislation Tuesday that would revoke trademarks for the Washington NFL team for as long as the franchise keeps its controversial name.

"It is unbelievable to me that, in the 21st century, a prominent NFL franchise is calling itself by a racial slur," Honda said in a statement. "Team names should not be offensive to anyone. Allowing trademark protection of this word is akin to the government approving its use. Removing that trademark will send a clear message that this name is not acceptable."

The bill would officially deem the word "redskins" a disparaging term, making it ineligible for trademark under the Lanham Act. The legislation would retroactively revoke the team's existing trademarks and block new ones using the term. Honda co-sponsored similar legislation in 2013.

More: House Bill Would Revoke Washington NFL Team s Trademarks

Sounds good. However, Republicans will probably vote against the bill.
Meaningless nonsense that will go nowhere

Yes, it will. It's just a matter of time...

YES....REALLY!!!!!!

The current logo, proposed by Walter Wetzel, a former Blackfeet tribal chairman and president of the National Congress of American Indians, was introduced in 1972 and is modeled after the likeness on the Buffalo nickel.[13] Members of the Blackfeet tribe today express a range of opinions, from support to indifference to strong opposition to the Redskins name based upon their personal experiences.[14]

YES....REALLY!!!!!!

The current logo, proposed by Walter Wetzel, a former Blackfeet tribal chairman and president of the National Congress of American Indians, was introduced in 1972 and is modeled after the likeness on the Buffalo nickel.[13] Members of the Blackfeet tribe today express a range of opinions, from support to indifference to strong opposition to the Redskins name based upon their personal experiences.[14]

So, you give more credibility to Wikipedia, which is editable, than you give to the New York Times article?

YES....REALLY!!!!!!

So, you give more credibility to Wikipedia, which is editable, than you give to the New York Times article?

Can I say more than 100%...the Times is a fucking joke, Wikipedia not quite as much! You got the name, who he was, and president of what association...now you don't like it Squaw, YOU research it and bring back your findings!

YES....REALLY!!!!!!

Attacking wikipedia?

You lose the argument.

YES....REALLY!!!!!!

Attacking wikipedia?

You lose the argument.

I gave him a chance to prove I'm wrong...I imagine he can't...but what would you expect from a Faux Squaw?

One would think that with all the problems in this country, our congress would have more important things to do than to worry about what a football team calls itself.

One would think that with all the problems in this country, our congress would have more important things to do than to worry about what a football team calls itself.

Yeah, like voting 56 times to repeal Obamacare.

Forum List

Back