House Republican Forgets How Reagan Supported Saddam

House Republican claims Reagan would never do exactly what he did on chemical weapons | The Raw Story.

It's not so much a Senior Moment and a creating yet another in a long list of myths around the Ronnie God.

Memo to Repugs.

Reagan sent Rumsfeld to Iraq.

Rumsfeld shook hands with Saddam.

U.S. (under Ronnie God) gave Saddam technology to develop Chemical Weapons.

Myths? You lwingers sure are full of yourselves. Yes Reagan aided Saddam and was correct to do so.

progressives really means all they do is REGRESS...I guess living under Obama it's too painful to live in the here and now...

first we about hear about Bush, now they go back 20 years to bring up Reagan... For what, who hell the knows

Last edited:
progressives really means all they do is REGRESS...I guess living under Obama it's too painful to live in the hear and now...

first we about hear about Bush, now they go back 20 years to bring Reagan... For what, who hell the knows

to justify the ever changing yo-yo a.k.a. obama

Supporting Saddam, at the time Reagan did it, was in the best interests of the United States.

progressives really means all they do is REGRESS...I guess living under Obama it's too painful to live in the hear and now...

first we about hear about Bush, now they go back 20 years to bring Reagan... For what, who hell the knows

his cult members must worn out trying to cover for his ass...we can almost pity them

House Republican claims Reagan would never do exactly what he did on chemical weapons | The Raw Story.

It's not so much a Senior Moment and a creating yet another in a long list of myths around the Ronnie God.

Memo to Repugs.

Myths? You lwingers sure are full of yourselves. Yes Reagan aided Saddam and was correct to do so.

Yup. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Of course Reagan backed Sadam. Sadam was fighting Iran. No big whoop on that one.

his cult members must worn out trying to cover for his ass...we can almost pity them

yep. The past few days have been the example of that.

Very few leftists have any integrity - this last change of the wind has demonstrated it clearly :D

Supporting Saddam, at the time Reagan did it, was in the best interests of the United States.

Reagan was such a swell guy.:cuckoo:

In contrast to today's wrenching debate over whether the United States should intervene to stop alleged chemical weapons attacks by the Syrian government, the United States applied a cold calculus three decades ago to Hussein's widespread use of chemical weapons against his enemies and his own people. The Reagan administration decided that it was better to let the attacks continue if they might turn the tide of the war. And even if they were discovered, the CIA wagered that international outrage and condemnation would be muted.

It has been previously reported that the United States provided tactical intelligence to Iraq at the same time that officials suspected Hussein would use chemical weapons. But the CIA documents, which sat almost entirely unnoticed in a trove of declassified material at the National Archives in College Park, Md., combined with exclusive interviews with former intelligence officials, reveal new details about the depth of the United States' knowledge of how and when Iraq employed the deadly agents. They show that senior U.S. officials were being regularly informed about the scale of the nerve gas attacks. They are tantamount to an official American admission of complicity in some of the most gruesome chemical weapons attacks ever launched.

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy

Memo to Repugs.

Yup. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Of course Reagan backed Sadam. Sadam was fighting Iran. No big whoop on that one.

In this case... the enemy of my enemy is STILL my enemy.

You might remember the support for Sadam came on heels of the Iran hostage crisis so having a ally on Irans border even a ass like Sadam was considered a positive. We might also remember FDR supported Stalin why because he was useful in the fight against Hitler making alliances with people you don't really like is nothing new.

This OP Liberal forgets how Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood.

:O

He supported not getting in the way of what Egyptians wanted, which was the right thing to do when they voted for the MB and also when they protested against the MB.

Finger wagging at the muslim world, even when the criticism is correct, should not be done by any American President. Bush's failed Presidency, and his failed Iraq War, taught us this. Obama should relearn the lesson for Syria.

Memo to Repugs.

Regan was also a Hollywood actor. Which is generally regarded as being a light weight but when it comes to Raygun its a good thing.

Actually, if you believe cons, Hollywood actors are better than Community Organizers. But ONLY with Raygun. Principals and all...

Who was Saddam fighting at the time? Anyone remember?

Why do Democrat support hostage takers and killers of our Embassy staff?

Forum List

Back