House votes to block Syrian refugees

LINK: Senate Democrats Plan to Filibuster House Refugee Bill - Breitbart

Senate Democrats Plan to Filibuster House Refugee Bill

"Senate Democrats plan to filibuster legislation passed by the House on Thursday that seeks to pause the resettlement of Syrian refugees."

(Can you say 'Go Nuclear'? Then again, we ARE talking about ass-kissing McConnell. He'll help kill it.)

Yeah, despite the WH and FBI admitting there is no way to thoroughly vette these 650,000 refugees into the U.S., especially before the end of the year the way Obama said he wants, WHY DELAY?! It's not really like Democrats / Obama / Hillary CARE about our National Security and / or protecting US citizens!

Liberal es:
1. Illegals
2. Potential Terrorist / Terrorists
3. Black Lives Matter
4. All other American citizens
:rolleyes:
Who is claiming Obama wants 650,00 refugees into the country before the end of the year, which is about a month away? I thought the suggestion was 10,000 by next year.
10,000 Syrian refugee already arrived over a week ago in Louisanna. They are here. The plan is for 100,000 refugees to come to America each year.

BREAKING: They’re Here! First Load of 10,000 Syrian ‘Refugees’ Has Arrived in New Orleans… | Top Right News
Read the link. It is a bullshit title designed to draw careless people like you into the propaganda.
I'm not looking at the title but the content. I've not heard any reports about 650,000 refugees. The number I've read is 100,000 per year. That is what I just posted. Read it again.
As for calling me careless?
I'm not the advocating the admission of 100,000 Syrian refugees who cannot be properly vetted, Camp.
Sorry, I like to see reliable sources. When someone says they "heard" something and don't provide a link I have doubts and suspicions about the veracity of claims. Again, I can not consider a source that claims 10,000 Syrians have landed in Louisiana as a viable or honest source, hence I do not give credibility to any of their other claims.
I am also not sure who is advocating allowing immigrants that have not been vetted into the country. Just because the FBI director or anyone else says those immigrant applicants can not be properly vetted does not mean they will be allowed to enter the country as immigrants. It probably means a long delay to not being able to OK the applicant and may mean an automatic rejection.

The refugee crisis in Syria was not caused by a war in Iraq...it was caused by a feckless Middle East policy by the Obama Administration which led to the rise of ISIS and the slaughter of tens of thousands of innocent civilians. Barry completely underestimated ISIS, Tyrone and if you had any integrity you'd admit that.

I disagree. It was caused by the UN which has been behind every war - running both sides of it - using clueless nations who joined believing it would unite the world and prevent another world war. Wrong. It has united a Roman Empire that is soon to emerge as the One World Order after they kick off one last World War that will result in the deaths of billions of people - Billions with a B. With the IMF and World Bank tying up loose ends and having each nation sign away their sovereignty and rights on the dotted line its getting closer every day.

a bit early to be drinking alcohol ...

Says the guy who "wake and bakes"?
Yeah and ....?

Ever notice how stoners always seem to think they have the answers to the world's problems, Tyrone...yet when you ask them for details they have none? The world looks so simple through a haze of cannabis smoke...doesn't it?

I'm not so sure - there has been precious little terrorist activity among the many refugees the US has taken in.
All we need is one event.

Nothing is risk free or 100% guarenteed and to expect that is just plain stupid. We are more likely to be killed by home grown gun violence than by a terrorist attack. Should we work on banning more guns? We are more likely to be hit by lightening than killed by a terrorist...should we start offering major bribes to the weather gods?

At what point should fear overule our humanitarian impulses?

You are bringing ancillary issues into the discussion. The refugees are not American citizens and I do not want to be exposed to any potential danger. I am happy the House voted as they did.

No refugees are American citizens. Neither were the Jewish refugees during WW2, yet we refused them admittence over anti-semitism, and fears of Nazi and Communist infiltrators.

They died

The Jewish people fleeing Nazis were threatening to blow things up in America and chanting death to America? No, they weren't you sack of shit.

You stupid fuck. Irrelevant fallacy. Red herrings. You fucking bring up the dumb fucking democrat talking point cause you are a thoughtless puppet. Worthy of zero respect.

If I could smear my shit in your face I would. Know that.

You filthy deranged scumbag bag of shit.
tell us how you really feel.

Not US responsibility. The US needs to prepare better then allow.

Disagree. We fucked up Iraq which led to subsequent instability We have a responsibility to, at least, Iraqi refugees if not to more. We have the space, we have organizations willing to undertake it. We have the moral obligation.
I am dealing with today not yesterday and seeking safety rather than inviting risk.

Just like they did yesterday. Some things never change unfortunately. That's the politics of fear.
Not fear, but caution.

When you look at the refugee process - it's two years of vetting and checking.

We have settled 784,000 refugees since 9/11. Since then, exactly three have been arrested in relation to terrorist activities. Of those 3 - 2 were not planning an attack in the US and "the plans of the third were barely credible"

We are not like the European continent and are isolated from the direct influx of refugees by an ocean.

The most common arguments against resettling more Syrian refugees, made by some Republican presidential candidates and members of Congress, is that the resettlement program could be a path for infiltration into the United States by ISIS or other terrorists. But the refugee resettlement program is the least likely avenue for a terrorist to choose. Refugees who are selected for resettlement to the United States go through a painstaking, many-layered review before they are accepted. The FBI, Department of Homeland Security, State Department, and national intelligence agencies independently check refugees’ biometric data against security databases. The whole process typically takes 18-24 months, with high hurdles for security clearance.

The United States is protected by geography from the inflow of asylum seekers who are entering Europe, mainly through Greece and Italy. Almost 600,000 have arrived in Europe so far this year—as many as 1 million may have entered by year’s end. The majority are unquestionably refugees. Germany and other European states have not invited them or agreed in advance to accept them—the refugees have just arrived, after dangerous journeys across the sea and overland. But European states are bound by their international obligations not to return them to danger. The United States, by contrast, has the luxury of choice of which refugees to admit through its resettlement program, from Syria, Iraq, or elsewhere. How robustly will it exercise that choice?

Rational "caution" would tell us this is not where we need to concentrate our efforts, rather we should look at other avenues of entry that are a higher risk for ISIS infiltration than the refugee process.

So yes, the politics of fear.
so how would the refugees get here? Can you make a statement of fact that terrorist wouldn't be embedded in those groups? Can anyone? And if that answer is no, then sorry charlie.

You are bringing ancillary issues into the discussion. The refugees are not American citizens and I do not want to be exposed to any potential danger. I am happy the House voted as they did.

No refugees are American citizens. Neither were the Jewish refugees during WW2, yet we refused them admittence over anti-semitism, and fears of Nazi and Communist infiltrators.

They died

The Jewish people fleeing Nazis were threatening to blow things up in America and chanting death to America? No, they weren't you sack of shit.

You stupid fuck. Irrelevant fallacy. Red herrings. You fucking bring up the dumb fucking democrat talking point cause you are a thoughtless puppet. Worthy of zero respect.

I'm not interested in your fecal obsessions - keep it to yourself please.

In the meantime, study a bit of history - in particular, the fear of Nazi and Communist infiltrators among the refugees. Islamic Terrorism is the fear now - Communist and Nazi terrorism was the fear then.

If you can provide a lucid response, I'm interested - otherwise, take your meds.

I note that you don't have a response to my query about the FBI Director's statement that they can't do an adequate vetting process with people coming out of Syria, Coyote. Why is that?

Which statement is that? This one?

FBI Director James Comey balks at refugee legislation - CNNPolitics.com
There are always risks in allowing any foreigners into the U.S., Comey told the officials, adding that the FBI believes it has an effective process with intelligence and other agencies to conduct vetting of refugees.

No, this one...
Syrian refugees a Trojan horse says Trump: FBI unable to vet for terrorist ties

They died

I'm not interested in your fecal obsessions - keep it to yourself please.

In the meantime, study a bit of history - in particular, the fear of Nazi and Communist infiltrators among the refugees. Islamic Terrorism is the fear now - Communist and Nazi terrorism was the fear then.

If you can provide a lucid response, I'm interested - otherwise, take your meds.

I note that you don't have a response to my query about the FBI Director's statement that they can't do an adequate vetting process with people coming out of Syria, Coyote. Why is that?

Which statement is that? This one?

FBI Director James Comey balks at refugee legislation - CNNPolitics.com
There are always risks in allowing any foreigners into the U.S., Comey told the officials, adding that the FBI believes it has an effective process with intelligence and other agencies to conduct vetting of refugees.

No, this one...
Syrian refugees a Trojan horse says Trump: FBI unable to vet for terrorist ties
The horse is already here, and Trump is the horse's ass.

Sorry, I like to see reliable sources.
The funny ... and SAD .... thing is that this information has been ALL OVER the radio, ALL OVER the TV, and ALL OVER print media, as it is the primary reason the sudden concern over allowing refugees in and for the concern over the admittedly piss-poor vetting process, leading to the legislation that was just passed in the House. 'One' must have his head stuck in the sand, or up Obama's arse, it would seem, NOT to have seen or heard anything about it in the last few days.

Furthermore, I just typed in '10,000 Syrians in La' in Google and got an immediate half-dozen stories...probably from no one YOU would consider credible, to include NY Times, Washington Times, Fox News, CNN.... And THEREIN lies the problem. As has been demonstrated on this board REPEATEDLY, when any news story or report comes out with anything negative about Liberals the response is always and immediately, 'Your source is not credible'. It's NOT the source that has no credibility - it is the Liberals who use this tactic to try to discredit what they don't want to hear / face.

:talk2hand:

Disagree. We fucked up Iraq which led to subsequent instability We have a responsibility to, at least, Iraqi refugees if not to more. We have the space, we have organizations willing to undertake it. We have the moral obligation.
I am dealing with today not yesterday and seeking safety rather than inviting risk.

Just like they did yesterday. Some things never change unfortunately. That's the politics of fear.
Not fear, but caution.

We have settled 784,000 refugees since 9/11. Since then, exactly three have been arrested in relation to terrorist activities. Of those 3 - 2 were not planning an attack in the US and "the plans of the third were barely credible"

We are not like the European continent and are isolated from the direct influx of refugees by an ocean.

The most common arguments against resettling more Syrian refugees, made by some Republican presidential candidates and members of Congress, is that the resettlement program could be a path for infiltration into the United States by ISIS or other terrorists. But the refugee resettlement program is the least likely avenue for a terrorist to choose. Refugees who are selected for resettlement to the United States go through a painstaking, many-layered review before they are accepted. The FBI, Department of Homeland Security, State Department, and national intelligence agencies independently check refugees’ biometric data against security databases. The whole process typically takes 18-24 months, with high hurdles for security clearance.

The United States is protected by geography from the inflow of asylum seekers who are entering Europe, mainly through Greece and Italy. Almost 600,000 have arrived in Europe so far this year—as many as 1 million may have entered by year’s end. The majority are unquestionably refugees. Germany and other European states have not invited them or agreed in advance to accept them—the refugees have just arrived, after dangerous journeys across the sea and overland. But European states are bound by their international obligations not to return them to danger. The United States, by contrast, has the luxury of choice of which refugees to admit through its resettlement program, from Syria, Iraq, or elsewhere. How robustly will it exercise that choice?

Rational "caution" would tell us this is not where we need to concentrate our efforts, rather we should look at other avenues of entry that are a higher risk for ISIS infiltration than the refugee process.

so how would the refugees get here? Can you make a statement of fact that terrorist wouldn't be embedded in those groups? Can anyone? And if that answer is no, then sorry charlie.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed. Can you guarantee your neighbor won't go postal and shoot out a mall? No.

"Senate Democrats plan to filibuster legislation passed by the House on Thursday that seeks to pause the resettlement of Syrian refugees."

(Can you say 'Go Nuclear'? Then again, we ARE talking about ass-kissing McConnell. He'll help kill it.)

Yeah, despite the WH and FBI admitting there is no way to thoroughly vette these 650,000 refugees into the U.S., especially before the end of the year the way Obama said he wants, WHY DELAY?! It's not really like Democrats / Obama / Hillary CARE about our National Security and / or protecting US citizens!

Liberal es:
1. Illegals
3. Black Lives Matter
Who is claiming Obama wants 650,00 refugees into the country before the end of the year, which is about a month away? I thought the suggestion was 10,000 by next year.
10,000 Syrian refugee already arrived over a week ago in Louisanna. They are here. The plan is for 100,000 refugees to come to America each year.

BREAKING: They’re Here! First Load of 10,000 Syrian ‘Refugees’ Has Arrived in New Orleans… | Top Right News

I hope the wingnuts don't start lynching them. They've been through enough.
what do you know they've been through? They didn't stand up for their homeland.

Last edited:
article-2684147-1F77DA7200000578-259_634x355.jpg
Made in America

Not fear, but caution.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed. Can you guarantee your neighbor won't go postal and shoot out a mall? No.
yes I can!

Liberal es:
1. Illegals
3. Black Lives Matter

what do you know they've been through. They didn't stand up for their homeland.

Should our ancestors have stayed in Europe to fight persecution?

Not fear, but caution.

For you it is fear, the practice today of vetting is not adequate it is really that simple, I say caution. If there is any hate or fear it is coming from you.

No hatred or fear from me, simply a logical look at things. It's amazing how quickly logic goes out the window when the fear becomes the overriding emotion.
Logic says develop a means to effectively vet then allow them in, what you suggest is to throw all caution to the wind. Yes you castigate those who wish to preserve our way of life free from terrorism that is both hateful and fearful.

'60 Minutes' Exposes The 'Sovereign Citizens' As The Nation's Most Serious Domestic-terrorism Threat
But because right-wing talkersonly want to discuss terrorism as a "Muslim" phenomenon, we're getting a badly skewed understanding of the nature of terrorism.

Here's that map -- and many of these indeed involve crimes committed by self-described "sovereign citizens":

Map.JPG

Click on map to see interactive version.
domestic terrorism,Patriot movement,Right-wing extremism,right-wing violence,sovereign citizens
funny how the liberal can't distinguish between right wing nut jobs and left wing nut jobs. None of the massacres the past years have been associated with the right. None. So, publishing crap is all you got.

Reading the links provided by other posters makes a person a dumb-ass?[/QUOTE]

You said headlines get dumbmasses to read the articles. The link I posted showed the headline...you opened it...you read it...you dumbmass. YOUR logic, not mine.

Liberal es:
1. Illegals
3. Black Lives Matter

what do you know they've been through. They didn't stand up for their homeland.

Should our ancestors have stayed in Europe to fight persecution?

They did.

Forum List

Back