How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

rescue.png

I know this has been around before, but it is still good;

Reminds me of our dogs....only the other way around. The big one will be careful and the smaller will go all out.

So I'm at the dog park and this dog shows teeth and my dog runs to me to get away and the dog doesn't stop. In fact he got super aggressive and came charging in so I gave him a boot to the face. Fight was over. No one got hurt.

Then a lady came up furious and said don't kick her dog. Instead of apologizing to me she lashed out at me just the same way her dog lashed out at my dog.

When she walked away everyone said I was right to do what I did. She said I should have reached down and grab her dog not kick it. I said fuck that! That's how you get bit.

What does anyone know about gabapentin and tramadol?
I have a two-year-old black lab, diagnosed with 'high grade stromal sarcoma'. The prognosis is 'guarded to poor'.
The tumor is in the right rear thigh muscle. We first noticed the slight swelling just before Christmas. The swelling is now (Feb 27 2017) about the size of a football. The dog does not put any weight on that leg, but drags it along as he goes.
The vet, on Feb 1, said she could amputate the leg, and part of the pelvis, but she was afraid that the sarcoma was growing so quickly that it may already have spread to the left thigh. Months or weeks is what she said.
I'm looking to make what's left of his life more bearable.
He will leave behind his best friend, our 8-year-old golden retriever.
Thanks.

I have a two-year-old black lab, diagnosed with 'high grade stromal sarcoma'. The prognosis is 'guarded to poor'.
The tumor is in the right rear thigh muscle. We first noticed the slight swelling just before Christmas. The swelling is now (Feb 27 2017) about the size of a football. The dog does not put any weight on that leg, but drags it along as he goes.
The vet, on Feb 1, said she could amputate the leg, and part of the pelvis, but she was afraid that the sarcoma was growing so quickly that it may already have spread to the left thigh. Months or weeks is what she said.
Thanks.
If he's suffering put him down. They go right to sleep.

And you better stay when the doctor does it. It doesn't matter that it's hard for you. Do it for him. It's better for him if his best friend is there with him every second.

Thanks.
If he's suffering put him down. They go right to sleep.

And you better stay when the doctor does it. It doesn't matter that it's hard for you. Do it for him. It's better for him if his best friend is there with him every second.

Thank you.
This is not my first rodeo.
He is my third black lab (I had a yellow in between them, and he was the only other one to be euthanized). Earlier, I bred beagles, but don't get me started on them!
I posted, hoping for some personal pet experiences with using gabapentin and tramadol.
Thank you, anyway, sealybobo.

Forum List

Back