How affirmative action hurts Asian Americans in college admissions

"But now we are seeing how racial preferences also can hurt a minority group; namely, Asian-Americans. That’s why a number of Asian-American special-interest groups filed suit in federal court in May 2015, complaining that Harvard and other selective institutions of higher education employ veiled racial quotas in their admissions procedures.

These groups point to the fact that, on average, it is much more difficult for Asian-Americans to gain admission to elite schools than it is for their Hispanic, black, or white counterparts.

Asian-Americans must score 140 points higher on their SATs than white students, 270 points higher than Hispanic students, and 450 points higher than black students.

One study measured the considerable difference in SAT and ACT scores within highly selective universities and examined what factors allow certain low-scoring applicants to get into those colleges.

Findings revealed that it is equally likely that a black student who scored 27 on the ACT and a white student who scored 30.8 would get accepted. By contrast, they found that an Asian scoring 27 on the ACT would have as much chance of acceptance as white student who scored 23.6.

Since the ACT is measured on a 36-point scale, the difference in points is considerable. For example, a score of 27 places a student in the 86th percentile nationally, while a score of 23 bumps a student down to the 69th percentile. Especially in a competitive admissions process, such a difference can greatly affect a student’s chance of acceptance."

I have seen this shit happen to one of my kids, white male with better scores lost out the black female because of affirmative action. It wasn't the end of the world for my kid as he had other choices. What really sucked is this young female transferred out after and changed her major after the freshman year.

Many Chinese support Trump for this reason. They're also very racist against blacks.
Most Chinese supported Obama. Try again.
I didn't say most. I said many. Why do you think I need to "try again"? What do you think I'm trying to do?
I know. You said many. I said most. I said try again because you werent specific. Is your "many" a majority or a tiny minority?

So why do so many Blacks get married to each other?
ncmfr1.jpg

Many Chinese support Trump for this reason. They're also very racist against blacks.
I didn't say most. I said many. Why do you think I need to "try again"? What do you think I'm trying to do?
I know. You said many. I said most. I said try again because you werent specific. Is your "many" a majority or a tiny minority?

Listen, I was making an observation based on personal experience and accounts from Chinese friends and family. Their culture is very fixated on the ideal of a meritocracy, and they are offended by programss that detract from ideal.

If you have different info, that's fine. I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, stuff your demands for specificity up your pompous ass.

Last edited:

Listen, I was making an observation based on personal experience and accounts from Chinese friends and family. Their culture is very fixated on the ideal of a meritocracy, and they are offended by programss that detract from ideal.

If you have different info, that's fine. I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, stuff your demands for specificity up your pompous ass.
If its based on your personal experience you sound like a fucking clown saying "many". You dont know many Chinese. At best you know less than 1% of 1%.

Of course i have different data that proves your absurd claim wrong. That fucking clown Drumpf actually managed to lose more of the Asian vote.

Trump Lost More Of The Asian-American Vote Than The National Exit Polls Showed

If its based on your personal experience you sound like a fucking clown saying "many". You dont know many Chinese. At best you know less than 1% of 1%.

Of course i have different data that proves your absurd claim wrong. That fucking clown Drumpf actually managed to lose more of the Asian vote.

LOL. I'd forgotten that you are permanently stuck in troll mode - always spoilin' for a fight! My bad.

Anyway, your link doesn't contradict the claims of my Chinese relatives. Yes, most Asian-American voters voted against Trump. Pretty much all immigrants had good reason to vote against him. My daughter-in-law is seriously scared of what he might do (as am I). That's why she found it disturbing that many of her countrymen, both in China and the US, actually liked Trump. And the most common reason they gave was that they thought he would reverse affirmative action type programs.

I guess you think that she's lying or something.

But can I ask you why it's so important? Are you afraid that acknowledging that some people think they are getting screwed by affirmative action will undermine the program? Are you really as closed-minded as you seem, or is this all just part of the usual partisan pissing-match?

LOL. I'd forgotten that you are permanently stuck in troll mode - always spoilin' for a fight! My bad.

Anyway, your link doesn't contradict the claims of my Chinese relatives. Yes, most Asian-American voters voted against Trump. Pretty much all immigrants had good reason to vote against him. My daughter-in-law is seriously scared of what he might do (as am I). That's why she found it disturbing that many of her countrymen, both in China and the US, actually liked Trump. And the most common reason they gave was that they thought he would reverse affirmative action type programs.

But can I ask you why it's so important? Are you afraid that acknowledging that some people think they are getting screwed by affirmative action will undermine the program? Are you really as closed-minded as you seem, or is this all just part of the usual partisan pissing-match?
Why do you think its so important? I was just wondering why you assumed the few chinese you knew equated to "many"? They must be the same Asians that cheat on the entrance tests. The many Asians I know say all of them cheat to get into colleges so that may be why your many are upset.

Why do you think its so important?
I don't.
I was just wondering why you assumed the few chinese you knew equated to "many"?

I didn't make that assumption. They said many of their friends had this point of view.

Listen, this information clearly doesn't fit your pre-ordained world view. So feel free to ignore it. Go to your happy place and recite your talking points to a mirror or something.

Why do you think its so important?
I don't
I was just wondering why you assumed the few chinese you knew equated to "many"?

I didn't make that assumption. They said many of their friends had this point of view.

Listen, this information clearly doesn't fit your pre-ordained world view. So feel free to ignore it. Go to your happy place and recite your talking points to a mirror or something.
My world view isnt pre-ordained. Its simply based on my experiences with Asians. I have both Filipino and Japanese relatives and many Chinese co-collaborators so I know I get a wider perspective on what they think.

Affirmative Action hurts all intelligent people
Are you calling white women stupid?
Just the liberal ones
What about the conservative ones or are they kept barefoot and pregnant while chained to the kitchen?
No they have the same opportunities as all women in the US they just get shit from the left when they choose to be stay at home moms.
Being chained to the kitchen is not choosing to stay at home. If conservatives really gave their women a choice the women would report them to the police for false imprisonment.

Affirmative Action hurts all intelligent people
Are you calling white women stupid?
Just the liberal ones
What about the conservative ones or are they kept barefoot and pregnant while chained to the kitchen?
No they have the same opportunities as all women in the US they just get shit from the left when they choose to be stay at home moms.
Being chained to the kitchen is not choosing to stay at home. If conservatives really gave their women a choice the women would report them to the police for false imprisonment.
What a complete load of shit.

Forum List

Back