How American axle became Mexican axle

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Just one example of the "giant sucking sound" of NAFTA and the American left's green movement. American axle's 5000 jobs which were here in Detroit gone to Mexico all of them gone.....Vote trump!!

Supplier CEO: Trump Saying Right Things About Trade

“The Mexican plants are running flat out, so the Americans are losing their jobs or they are being laid off, and the Mexican (workers) are making a little bit more money and their life standard is going up a little bit. That’s what is going on. I’ve seen it.

American Axle, the plant I ran in Detroit, a huge complex with 5,500 people, I think today there are zero hourly workers at that plant, and the Mexican plant we built has probably over 4,000 now.

“So, something has to change. Otherwise the standard of life here in North America goes down. That is the angry middle class we have: The guys who can’t come out of high school anymore and get a good job and afford a cabin Up North in Traverse City.

“They have to have two jobs, their wife has to work and their kid has to borrow a bunch of money to go to college. That is the problem here in North America. It has to come to a head at some point.”

Supplier CEO: Trump Saying Right Things About Trade

doesn't trump own sweatshops in china?

choybfowwae2eco.jpg

doesn't trump own sweatshops in china?

choybfowwae2eco.jpg

Leftist send jobs to chin,a they love on China, while they stifle our manufacturing industries when fake global warming regulations.and they want more. They are choking us off :mad:

If I were an investigative reporter a story I would want to do is how many American co's went to Mexico with sugarplums dancing in their CEO or owners head only to implode and go away due to ,,,Well Mexico being Mexico. I have had three customers tell me interesting stories of their co's Mexican saga. Latest was a Med supply co I visited this week, wasnt expecting them to be there because last time I was there yr ago employees were hitting the doors in advance of the closing,...what I was told was the Mexican plant cant meet the standards and certifications needed for the plant and employees to manufacture medical supplies. They built it in the war zone of Tijuana
http://tijuana.com/

If I were an investigative reporter a story I would want to do is how many American co's went to Mexico with sugarplums dancing in their CEO or owners head only to implode and go away due to ,,,Well Mexico being Mexico. I have had three customers tell me interesting stories of their co's Mexican saga. Latest was a Med supply co I visited this week, wasnt expecting them to be there because last time I was there yr ago employees were hitting the doors in advance of the closing,...what I was told was the Mexican plant cant meet the standards and certifications needed for the plant and employees to manufacture medical supplies. They built it in the war zone of Tijuana

I have a friend who's job was transferred down to Mexico. They wanted him to go down there and train them for two weeks:uhh:...He refused

I'm not sure everyone involved in these types of moves has your long term goal and vision for the/a company. The I-won't-be-here-you-won't-be-here mentality of cannibalism runs pretty deep. As long as I gets mine and get out in time .....

I have a friend who's job was transferred down to Mexico. They wanted him to go down there and train them for two weeks:uhh:...He refused

Good for him, that's what we all need to do, resist.

Which was another one of the three episodes. This guy went and was now back sending out the last of the co's belongings. Forget where they built in Mexico but his comments were, Never leave the compound unless you wanted to die, and everything the Mexican factory had been making needed to be brought there to be inspected and fixed because most of it didnt work. They did joystick controllers for lifts and such. When I asked what was goin g to happen when that wasnt possible anymore he just shrugged...would be interesting to see if they made it. Wouldnt think it would take too many mass failures for customers to switch suppliers....

Forum List

Back