How Are Catholics Christians?

as far as the RCC goes, they believe you have to take part in all the sacraments in order to be saved:(

That's not true. For instance one of the sacraments is matrimony. Another is "Holy Orders" (becoming a priest). If you do the latter you can't do the former.

Most Catholics are not Christians. Most believe in the church to save them, not Jesus alone.

That's not true either. All Catholics are Christians, by definition. Without Christ it ain't Catholicism. And in any case it doesn't depend on "Jesus alone".

Where are you pulling this unhinged malarkey from?

Last edited:
I have a question

Let say there was a Catholic who did believe that the Catholic church was needed with Jesus in order to be saved. Besides that, he lived an idealistic sin-free Catholic lifestyle.

Are you telling me that when he dies, God will send that person to hell because he believed in a "false doctrine"?

Boy, the more some believers talk, the less I believe them!!

I have a question

Let say there was a Catholic who did believe that the Catholic church was needed with Jesus in order to be saved. Besides that, he lived an idealistic sin-free Catholic lifestyle.

Are you telling me that when he dies, God will send that person to hell because he believed in a "false doctrine"?

Boy, the more some believers talk, the less I believe them!!

I think that's one of those things where we pray for the salvation of all, and trust God to straighten it out.

I can't believe that Catholics, or Mormons, for that matter, will be damned because they accepted additional teachings. They aren't rejecting Christ, they just have a confused understanding. I think they'll be offered the opportunity to accept him outright. And I think most of them will.

"...loudly and in public with vain repetitions..." rather. :)

:dunno: Never heard of it.

So what? What does it even mean?

Reciting the rosary, for one.

You really don't "recite" the rosary -- it's a simple counting device. It's not a prayer in itself, it serves to count the actual prayers, in groups. Kind of a structural system. Sets goals for high-volume prayering. And none of it, rosary or not, is ever done "loudly".

This fixation on the rosary strikes me as kind of bizarre...

Watching some local Catholic channels' kids program earlier today, it had some cartoony angels reciting the Rosary and some other things I wasn't familar with. I got to thinking, how is directing prayer to Mary not violating the 1st Commandment? Makes sense if you're a cult, but not the largest Christian denomination in the world, didn't anyone notice? :)

Didn't you say that you're Jewish and a raging bigot, with deep seated hatred of Christians, of all stripes?

if you're reciting the rosary loudly and publicly so that all may see you and know that you are loudly and publicly reciting the rosary so that you can show how pious and wonderful you are, yes, that's a problem. and no, the repetition of the prayers does not make your prayer more likely to be heard by God.

the repetition does, however, make you more likely to hear His response.

as far as the RCC goes, they believe you have to take part in all the sacraments in order to be saved:(

That's not true. For instance one of the sacraments is matrimony. Another is "Holy Orders" (becoming a priest). If you do the latter you can't do the former.

Most Catholics are not Christians. Most believe in the church to save them, not Jesus alone.

That's not true either. All Catholics are Christians, by definition. Without Christ it ain't Catholicism. And in any case it doesn't depend on "Jesus alone".

Where are you pulling this unhinged malarkey from?

that is true what I said.

You really don't "recite" the rosary -- it's a simple counting device. It's not a prayer in itself, it serves to count the actual prayers, in groups. Kind of a structural system. Sets goals for high-volume prayering. And none of it, rosary or not, is ever done "loudly".

the rosary is a lie.

Is praying the rosary Scriptural

Watching some local Catholic channels' kids program earlier today, it had some cartoony angels reciting the Rosary and some other things I wasn't familar with. I got to thinking, how is directing prayer to Mary not violating the 1st Commandment? Makes sense if you're a cult, but not the largest Christian denomination in the world, didn't anyone notice? :)

They also worship a Pope. This is one of the reasons us Greek Orthodox Christians split from the Catholic Church.

Hail Mary!

Full of grace,
the Lord, is with thee!

Blessed art thou, among women!

And Blessed, is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus!

In this first part of the prayer, this is just repeating a part of the New testament....the scene is Elizabeth, Mary's cousin and also, the Mother to be, of John the Baptist. This is what Elizabeth says to Mary when she greets her....they BOTH are pregnant at this meeting up.... this is where the Bible states that Elizabeth's baby in womb, leaps for joy in the presence of the Lord Jesus, who is in Mary's womb....

So this part of the prayer comes directly out of verses in the Bible being repeated.

Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Catholics, and all Christians for the most part, consider Jesus as a manifestation of God in the flesh, so Mary is the mother of God, (I suppose?)

And the rest is not asking her to forgive you herself, or that she can offer her own grace for forgiveness of sins, or that she can perform some miracle for you, or anything at all like that... She is considered as someone who is in Heaven and by her Son's side...and KNOWN as someone who has Jesus's ear...known as someone who can plead, (intercede) with Jesus, to help...

which is also supported in the new testament, with the wedding feast scene, where she finds out that they are out of wine, and then let's Jesus know that they are out of wine, and Jesus performs his very first miracle in the Bible,(asked of Him by Mary), and changes water in jars, to wine, so that the wedding feast could continue.
...without wine, the wedding feast would end....

So Catholics believe the dead saints, and prophets, Moses, and others are in Heaven with God, and that they are ALIVE and well in Heaven, that there is an "after life" and some lucky saints are immediately brought to Heaven when they die, no waiting for judgement day.

And Mary, along with the Saints, and the Prophets, are there to intercede and interact with Jesus/ God in person. No different than asking a congregation to pray for one of their sick members....when you say to someone, please pray for my father, he has cancer, yahdahdahdahdahdah. There is no difference to Catholics in asking that congregation to send prayers for you, than asking the saints, and prophets to send prayers for you.

In general, people pray to God first, even Catholics....praying to these others seems to be some sort of insurance....hahahahaha....just in case God was really busy at the time, these other saints and prophets can give it a second, third, fourth, fith etc shot at it for you.... and maybe get God's ear?

Personally, I just go straight to God....but this is what I read about your question on the Catholic Church's internet question and answer site.... on the subject, a while back....

the rosary is a lie.

Is praying the rosary Scriptural

Your post is absurd. The rosary is a counting device. It cannot be a "lie"; it makes no statement.
Another in a series of bizarre incoherencies. One has to wonder if English is some kind of foreign language for you. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back