How are IQ tests considered racially biased?

Seems no one can answer why IQ test are considered racist. Here are a few sample questions, explain why they would be considered racist.

1. Rearrange the following letters to make a word and choose the category in which it fits.
RAPETEKA
A. city
B. fruit
C. bird
D. vegetable

2. Find the answer that best completes the analogy
people : democracy :: wealthy :
A. oligarchy
B. oligopoly
C. plutocracy
D. timocracy
E. autocracy

3. Select the number that best completes the analogy
10 : 6 :: 3 : ?
A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

4. Which number should come next in the series
1, 3, 6, 10, 15,
A. 8
B. 11
C. 24
D. 21
E. 27

5. 165135 is to peace as 1215225 is to
A. lead
B. love
C. loop
D. castle
6. Library is to book as book is to
Binding Copy Page Cover
A. page
B. copy
C. binding
D. cover
What's the answer to #3? Any way I slice it, I get 1.8, which isn't an answer.

Question #6 is a wash too. Both A and C are reasonable answers.

Heaven help you if this is how your schools actually measure people's intelligence. o_O

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

Libraries contain books, books contain pages.
Sure. Or, an out of the box thinker might reason: a book is immediately inside a library, a binding is immediately inside a book, hence "binding". Or, thinking more literally: each library has lots of books, each book has lots of copies, hence "copies". Or thinking in terms of a sequence: a library holds a book, a book holds the binding, the binding holds the pages, hence "binding" again.

It's a bloody terrible question. It actually penalizes creative or nonlinear thinking.

Question #3 is for crap too. I'm sure they want people to answer "2", since this is the closest to 1.8, but I call BS on "the number that best completes the analogy". The number that "best completes the analogy" in any legitimate mathematical context is the sole correct answer, which is nowhere to be found. There's no fungible "best completes" in context-free mathematics, and a resourceful student could just as easily interpret the ratios in some context that does make sense.

Which one of the five is least like the other four?

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse
Regular rabbits or jungle bunnies?
Rabbits are rabbits. I could see you being confused if I said cave monkey. Then it would make sense you would need specification.
Then what are jungle bunnies? I was going to say snake being a reptile with a reptilian brain, but then I thought maybe you meant jungle bunnies which would have made it close.

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse
Regular rabbits or jungle bunnies?
Rabbits are rabbits. I could see you being confused if I said cave monkey. Then it would make sense you would need specification.
Then what are jungle bunnies? I was going to say snake being a reptile with a reptilian brain, but then I thought maybe you meant jungle bunnies which would have made it close.
Wrong. The answer is elephant.

Seems no one can answer why IQ test are considered racist. Here are a few sample questions, explain why they would be considered racist.

1. Rearrange the following letters to make a word and choose the category in which it fits.
RAPETEKA
A. city
B. fruit
C. bird
D. vegetable

A. oligarchy
B. oligopoly
C. plutocracy
D. timocracy
E. autocracy

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

1, 3, 6, 10, 15,
A. 8
B. 11
C. 24
D. 21
E. 27

A. lead
B. love
C. loop
D. castle
Binding Copy Page Cover
A. page
B. copy
C. binding
D. cover

Heaven help you if this is how your schools actually measure people's intelligence. o_O

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

Sure. Or, an out of the box thinker might reason: a book is immediately inside a library, a binding is immediately inside a book, hence "binding". Or, thinking more literally: each library has lots of books, each book has lots of copies, hence "copies". Or thinking in terms of a sequence: a library holds a book, a book holds the binding, the binding holds the pages, hence "binding" again.

It's a bloody terrible question. It actually penalizes creative or nonlinear thinking.

Question #3 is for crap too. I'm sure they want people to answer "2", since this is the closest to 1.8, but I call BS on "the number that best completes the analogy". The number that "best completes the analogy" in any legitimate mathematical context is the sole correct answer, which is nowhere to be found. There's no fungible "best completes" in context-free mathematics, and a resourceful student could just as easily interpret the ratios in some context that does make sense.
FFS, it's not that difficult:

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

10-4=6
6- 3=3
3- 2=1

Are you black?

RAPETEKA
A. city
B. fruit
C. bird
D. vegetable

A. oligarchy
B. oligopoly
C. plutocracy
D. timocracy
E. autocracy

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

1, 3, 6, 10, 15,
A. 8
B. 11
C. 24
D. 21
E. 27

A. lead
B. love
C. loop
D. castle
Binding Copy Page Cover
A. page
B. copy
C. binding
D. cover

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

10-4=6
6- 3=3
3- 2=1

Are you black?
Where does it tell you to solve the problem in that manner? 10:6 is a ratio. The answer is 5:3

Last edited:

RAPETEKA
A. city
B. fruit
C. bird
D. vegetable

A. oligarchy
B. oligopoly
C. plutocracy
D. timocracy
E. autocracy

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

1, 3, 6, 10, 15,
A. 8
B. 11
C. 24
D. 21
E. 27

A. lead
B. love
C. loop
D. castle
Binding Copy Page Cover
A. page
B. copy
C. binding
D. cover

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

10-4=6
6- 3=3
3- 2=1

Are you black?
Where does it tell you to solve the problem in that manner? 10:6 is a ratio. The answer is 5:3
Analogy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I know you're black so I'm not surprised. It's the other guy I was wondering about.

RAPETEKA
A. city
B. fruit
C. bird
D. vegetable

A. oligarchy
B. oligopoly
C. plutocracy
D. timocracy
E. autocracy

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

1, 3, 6, 10, 15,
A. 8
B. 11
C. 24
D. 21
E. 27

A. lead
B. love
C. loop
D. castle
Binding Copy Page Cover
A. page
B. copy
C. binding
D. cover

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

The binding is at the back of the book not inside the book.

You are too stupid for words.

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

10-4=6
6- 3=3
3- 2=1

Are you black?

I know you're black so I'm not surprised. It's the other guy I was wondering about.
That still doesnt explain your reasoning. It just points out you dont know what you are talking about. Did you use cave monkey logic to solve?

Answer is 1

Answer to 6 is "page"

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

10-4=6
6- 3=3
3- 2=1

Are you black?

That still doesnt explain your reasoning. It just points out you dont know what you are talking about.
Forget it Asc. It's beyond you.

Because #WhitePrivilege

Duh.

A. 2
B. 1
C. -1
D. 12
E. 4

10-4=6
6- 3=3
3- 2=1

Are you black?

That still doesnt explain your reasoning. It just points out you dont know what you are talking about.
Forget it Asc. It's beyond you.
Cant explain your cave monkey logic eh? :laugh:

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse

3. Snake is a reptile, all others are mammals. Snakes have no legs, all the others have four legs. Snakes lay eggs, all other have live births.....etc

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse

3. Snake is a reptile, all others are mammals. Snakes have no legs, all the others have four legs. Snakes lay eggs, all other have live births.....etc
So what? I didnt ask if any were reptiles or mammals. Elephants cant fit in your home when full grown.

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse

So what? I didnt ask if any were reptiles or mammals. Elephants cant fit in your home when full grown.

You haven't seen my house.
I saw it when they were doing a special on white trash living in trailer parks. I doubt a snake can find room in your trailer.

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse

You understand that Asc is black, right? Doubtless many thousands of tax dollars have been spent trying to give him an education and what teachers couldn't do before he dropped out of grade school, we shouldn't bother trying.

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse

You understand that Asc is black, right? Doubtless many thousands of tax dollars have been spent trying to give him an education and what teachers couldn't do before he dropped out of grade school, we shouldn't bother trying.
Cave monkey logic is not education. Its monkey gibberish.

1. Elephant
2. Rabbit
3. Snake
4. Dog
5. Mouse

Cave monkey logic is not education. Its monkey gibberish.
We get it. You're black and blacks suck at logic and math even more than they suck at everything else in academia.

Let it go. You'll never understand.

Forum List

Back