How can a school be so stupid?

I keep getting calls about my time share, well, I don't have one and have told them 5 times now to stop calling, yet they call.

You've apparently never had a child die. Those calls from the school are very painful for the parents. It isn't just an annoyance, it is very, very painful.

No, I am fortunate enough not to have lost any kids. If it did happen I'd be in the principals office with my attorney notifying them that if the calls did not stop I'd be suing the school district.

You don't know what kind of grief the parents are in. To go anywhere near the school would be another very painful thing. Sometimes in grief you are paralized as well. Frozen and unable to act. The best I think I'd be able to do is ask a friend to deal with it for me. The school is behaving abominably, especially as the child died under their care. It's just unbelieveable.

Last edited:
Ultimately its one persons responsibility to make sure that the childs name is removed from whatever database they are using. Seeing that they are facing a lawsuit over his death makes the lack of attention to detail even more egregious. This will no doubt help has lawsuit if they can use this to prove incompetence on the part of school officials.

He may have a lawsuit, but you will NEVER get a person from the BOE fired for something like this. The Union has too much sway.

Bloomberg dissolved the Board of Education a decade ago. It's the Department of Education now.

Different shit...same sewer.

That's unbelieveably stupid of the school, somebody at the school needs to be bitch slapped into next week.
Amen to all of this! The sad thing is that they would probably be calling him still once they landed into next week, so to me the school should be shut down and sued for chronic harassment and the man should get himself a new phone number.

God bless you and him and the rest of his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Whoever is calling that man for such a reason is making his son look more life like and I hate to even say that because he is dead, but look at what is being done ever since he took is last breath! Whoever is calling his dad is flat out freaking nuts!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
School Calls Dad to Complain About Absent Son Who Died on Field Trip

A grieving Brooklyn father whose son drowned during a field trip back in June is living with a constant reminder of his loss — because the teen's school won't stop calling to ask why the boy has been skipping class.

"I think, why are you calling, why are you telling me this," Jonas Pierre told the New York Daily News. "Don’t you know my son is dead?"

Jean Fritz Pierre passed away after a drowning accident while on a class trip to Bear Mountain State Park.

The 16-year-old was swimming with a friend in Hessian Lake — a body of water banned to swimmers that is also known as "Bloody Lake."

Park officials reportedly attempted to warn the students against swimming in the lake, and tried to call the teens out of the water, but Jean Fritz was soon pulled under and his lifeless body was found 50 minutes later.

Since that incident on June 24, Jonas says he receives regular calls from Prospect Heights' International High School complaining about his son's truancy.
There's no excuse for this over sight by the school. The school's attendance records are obviously done by computer. He's still listed as a student and when he is not marked as present, the computer automatically sends a notice home. The parent needs to contact the school and/or the school board and get them to take the child's name off their list of students. The school is obviously run by brain dead bureaucrats. When my dog died, every year I got a notice from a vet I'd taken her to for yearly shots. After two years, I finally wrote them a letter and told them to stop because she was dead and that their reminders were painful to me. They stopped. These people are jerks. They don't care about the pain they cause; they are only interested in getting a 'customer' to come back in and spend more money--even though the customer is dead.

After my Mom died, I wrote to AOL to cancel her account and they asked for a death certificate which I sent. They acknowledged it with a letter addressed to her saying "We're sorry you're leaving AOL. We hope you change your mind and come back soon". That's just stupidity.

Its not just schools, its companies as well - how many widows get a bill from a company addresses to their dead husband? Too many.

I hope the father manages to make these morons stop their phone calls.

You can just inform them of a change of address and give them the address of the cemetery.

Somebodies ass should be in a wringer over this. Some things need to be moved to the front of the priority list. This is one of them.

You mean the parent right?
Who the fuck do these people think they are?
The school district is the government!!
Don't fuck with government!!
Know your place!!!

The liberals demand it.
His kids dead , freeing up time for him to follow his passions in life!!
He should be thanking the staff who neglected their duty!!

After my Mom died, I wrote to AOL to cancel her account and they asked for a death certificate which I sent. They acknowledged it with a letter addressed to her saying "We're sorry you're leaving AOL. We hope you change your mind and come back soon". That's just stupidity.
Gee whiz. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

God bless you and the rest of your family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back