How come democrats don't feel ashamed?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
How come democrats don't feel ashamed that they belong to an organization that has blocked almost all civil rights legislation for the past 125 years? It is odd that right after the civil war we had two amendments added that protected black people and other racial minorities in the south and as well as the north but the minute democrats were allowed to get back into power those stopped. How do you explain this to yourselves? It is a part of your identity as a person. Being democrat and a --proud-- democrat.

Normally I wouldn't bring up this issue but since some people want to hang everyone else and expect them to take personal responsibility for their party's actions then I would think the democrats would be the first to at least acknowledge their past mistakes.

WATCH: Bill Clinton defends KKK member Robert Byrd as a 'country boy'

Only a fool or a loser is either proud or embarrassed by what someone else did.

I'm a Roman Catholic and I'm pissed off about what some priests did, but I'm not embarrassed by it. Got nothing to do with me.

• Banned
Only a fool or a loser is either proud or embarrassed by what someone else did.

I'm a Roman Catholic and I'm pissed off about what some priests did, but I'm not embarrassed by it. Got nothing to do with me.

True. Would you defend the few priest who did what they did?

The essence of being a Democrat is evading personal responsibility for one's actions by placing them within the protective cloak of group identity. No matter how destructive the results, they can still claim good intentions.

Last edited:
Instead of 'being embarrassed' perhaps your question should have been 'support', as in how can they SUPPORT politicians who doing certain things, but that question could be applied accross the board, to both political parties.

I look at how the WE-GOP and Liberals are both trying to steal their respective nominations from the people and am ashamed of them, but am not embarrassed. As mentioned above - not me doing it or supporting them.

How come democrats don't feel ashamed that they belong to an organization that has blocked almost all civil rights legislation for the past 125 years? It is odd that right after the civil war we had two amendments added that protected black people and other racial minorities in the south and as well as the north but the minute democrats were allowed to get back into power those stopped. How do you explain this to yourselves? It is a part of your identity as a person. Being democrat and a --proud-- democrat.

Normally I wouldn't bring up this issue but since some people want to hang everyone else and expect them to take personal responsibility for their party's actions then I would think the democrats would be the first to at least acknowledge their past mistakes.

You mean back when the Democrats were the party of conservative white confederates.

Why would you have to acknowledge someone else's mistakes?

You're talking about the party of Robert E. Lee right?

You mean back when the Democrats were the party of conservative white confederates.
Let's not get into another 'party' pissing contest about who started / owns the KKK, who opposed Civil Rights, who supports the New Black Panthers and Black Lives Matters terrorists, who founded the NAACP, etc....

Really serves no purpose than to further divide the nation.

God how many times do we have To go over this .

The old "democrats " are today's republicans . They all but swapped during the civil rights era .

You should be ashamed of perpetuating that myth that the conservatives were the party of Lincoln .

Let's not get into another 'party' pissing contest about who started / owns the KKK, who opposed Civil Rights, who supports the New Black Panthers and Black Lives Matters terrorists, who founded the NAACP, etc....

Really serves no purpose than to further divide the nation.

Really? So fighting against discrimination and police brutality serve no purpose ?

50 years ago?
That's when republicans actually cared about people

Yeah the republican party was great once. Too bad they decided reform themselves around the bible thumping yokel vote.

God how many times do we have To go over this .

The old "democrats " are today's republicans . They all but swapped during the civil rights era .

You should be ashamed of perpetuating that myth that the conservatives were the party of Lincoln .
But they aren't. It's a determined ignorance.

Clearly modern Progressives are "Conservatives" you can tell by their aversion to government and staunch support for individual rights and Liberties

uh huh

The Parties flipped

Sureeeeee

We've been forced to vote for the lesser of two evils in recent elections. The party system is a primary cause for so much corruption, influence and divide in this country. We'd all be better off if we could drop the parties and the labels and just vote on officials and policies for what they represent at face value.

How come democrats don't feel ashamed that they belong to an organization that has blocked almost all civil rights legislation for the past 125 years? It is odd that right after the civil war we had two amendments added that protected black people and other racial minorities in the south and as well as the north but the minute democrats were allowed to get back into power those stopped. How do you explain this to yourselves? It is a part of your identity as a person. Being democrat and a --proud-- democrat. Normally I wouldn't bring up this issue but since some people want to hang everyone else and expect them to take personal responsibility for their party's actions then I would think the democrats would be the first to at least acknowledge their past mistakes.
Why aren't you embarrassed about being white? Cons love to deny there's anything like "white privilege", but we keep getting treated to history lessons, while things that have happened in living memory get ignored.

How come democrats don't feel ashamed that they belong to an organization that has blocked almost all civil rights legislation for the past 125 years? It is odd that right after the civil war we had two amendments added that protected black people and other racial minorities in the south and as well as the north but the minute democrats were allowed to get back into power those stopped. How do you explain this to yourselves? It is a part of your identity as a person. Being democrat and a --proud-- democrat. Normally I wouldn't bring up this issue but since some people want to hang everyone else and expect them to take personal responsibility for their party's actions then I would think the democrats would be the first to at least acknowledge their past mistakes.
Why aren't you embarrassed about being white? Cons love to deny there's anything like "white privilege", but we keep getting treated to history lessons, while things that have happened in living memory get ignored.

I'm not either proud or embrassed. I just never ever cared if I was or not. It wasn't something I think about most of the time.

Do you really believe that the political ideology embraced by bigots in the post Civil War south is the same political ideology embraced by many Democrats today? Does that hold true for Republicans too?

Or do you have a firm grasp on American history?

Forum List

Back