How come Lincoln got away with shutting down hundreds of newspapers and jailed journalists

Perpetual Union (since repeating the same old thing seems to be in vogue here).

I find Lincoln's use of 'perpetual union' most absurd. Nothing is perpetual...but a statist must think they government is. Did he forget the American colonies rebelling from England, just a few decades before his War of Northern Aggression?

Just like his absurd Gettysburg Address, he most illogical. The ones fighting for freedom were not the Union soldier at Gettysburg, but the Confederate soldier. Lincoln was a master of propaganda and deception. He speaks of freedom and a nation of, by and for the people...yet he prosecuted a war to prevent freedom. Yet many Americans consider his dumb speech a masterpiece. WTF!

Lincoln was actually a tyrant. The US was established on John Locke's principle that government legitimacy is based on the consent of the governed. Obviously the people in Southern States did not consent to be governed by the Federal government.

Oh, I suspect the Slaves would have LOVED to be governed by the Federal Government... but fuck those guys, right?

The steady decline of our freedoms started there as since then the Federal government has had no fear on trampling the rights of individual States since they could not leave. Imagine if States could leave. The US government could not just ignore their rights as they do now because of it

Again, given the kind of absolute clowns who occupy the State Capitals, the less they get to do , the better for all of us.

Again, just your raw love of the tyranny of the majority. Oh, and rule of the courts when the majority is wrong to fix it ...

Its racist to think everything is about race involving white people, you racists!
This is about freedom, liberty and the abuse of power. And how the govt SHOULDNT abuse it.
Grow the fuck up!

Its racist to think everything is about race involving white people, you racists!
This is about freedom, liberty and the abuse of power. And how the govt SHOULDNT abuse it.
Grow the fuck up!
As we know and have experienced on this forum numerous times, exposing Lincoln's tyranny always leads to some statist screaming RACIST...in an effort to obscure Lincoln's tyrannical actions.

Grow the fuck up!

The slaves didn’t have freedom or liberty, right?

Grow the fuck up!

Pick up a history book. That isn't why the north did it. Hint, their motto was "save the union"

I find Lincoln's use of 'perpetual union' most absurd. Nothing is perpetual...but a statist must think they government is. Did he forget the American colonies rebelling from England, just a few decades before his War of Northern Aggression?

Just like his absurd Gettysburg Address, he most illogical. The ones fighting for freedom were not the Union soldier at Gettysburg, but the Confederate soldier. Lincoln was a master of propaganda and deception. He speaks of freedom and a nation of, by and for the people...yet he prosecuted a war to prevent freedom. Yet many Americans consider his dumb speech a masterpiece. WTF!
I will give Lincoln his due. The Gettysburg Address was a masterpiece of eloquent rhetoric. The guy could communicate better than any other president in my opinion, especially in writing.

But yes, it was a masterpiece of bullshit, loaded with incorrect statements of both law and fact, riddled with contradicting revisionist statements, all aimed at justifying his atrocities.

Based on what I have seen, Chairman Mao was quite eloquent in his efforts to justify the "Great Leap Forward" which is estimated to have killed as many as 38 million people.

That's what tyrants do. They sacrifice the lives of many for their agenda, then eloquently justify their actions in speech or writing.

History also reminds us of another head of state who was a master orator, who rose to power giving his fiery, passionate speeches. He continued giving those speeches as he conquered and slaughtered millions. He was in a similar situation as Lincoln, justifying his actions to his people and persuading them to maintain their support for the atrocious war he continued to wage.

Any guesses on the identity of this head of state who gave speeches to garner the waning support of his people to press on in the horrific war he waged? Anyone?

Hint: It seems that since the reign of above-mention head of state, every American president has been equated to him by the opposition.

I'll give you three guesses.

As we know and have experienced on this forum numerous times, exposing Lincoln's tyranny always leads to some statist screaming RACIST...in an effort to obscure Lincoln's tyrannical actions.
Objectivity is impossible for some. And, when their state-sponsored indoctrinated belief system is challenged, they find that they have no substantive response, and resort to their list of bullet-proof, debate-avoiding pejoratives (racist) to cover their retreat.

I completely support Mao. He tried to focus on the proletariat and kick out the "conservatives"
The 30M people that died for him to reach that goal was just victims of circumstance. Completely justified because his heart was in the right place.

Grow the fuck up!

Pick up a history book. That isn't why the north did it. Hint, their motto was "save the union"

I’ve picked up more history books than you’ve ever laid eyes on.

I will give Lincoln his due. The Gettysburg Address was a masterpiece of eloquent rhetoric. The guy could communicate better than any other president in my opinion, especially in writing.

But yes, it was a masterpiece of bullshit, loaded with incorrect statements of both law and fact, riddled with contradicting revisionist statements, all aimed at justifying his atrocities.

Based on what I have seen, Chairman Mao was quite eloquent in his efforts to justify the "Great Leap Forward" which is estimated to have killed as many as 38 million people.

That's what tyrants do. They sacrifice the lives of many for their agenda, then eloquently justify their actions in speech or writing.

History also reminds us of another head of state who was a master orator, who rose to power giving his fiery, passionate speeches. He continued giving those speeches as he conquered and slaughtered millions. He was in a similar situation as Lincoln, justifying his actions to his people and persuading them to maintain their support for the atrocious war he continued to wage.

Any guesses on the identity of this head of state who gave speeches to garner the waning support of his people to press on in the horrific war he waged? Anyone?

Hint: It seems that since the reign of above-mention head of state, every American president has been equated to him by the opposition.

I'll give you three guesses.

Asinine, hyperbolic false equivalency. You kids have to accept that the traitorous reb dogs got part of what they had coming. Lincoln preserved the Union against those who would sacrifice it for the sake of evil and greed.

I completely support Mao. He tried to focus on the proletariat and kick out the "conservatives"
The 30M people that died for him to reach that goal was just victims of circumstance. Completely justified because his heart was in the right place.
Right? there4eyeM

Grow the fuck up!

Yet you couldn't address my point. The slaves are not why the north invaded. Lincoln offered to enshrine slavery to end the rebellion

Hey my fellow totalitarians, i want this for my birthday. Please help me out!
GTS1019_200.jpg

Just like you are still scheming on how you can re-enslave the blacks.
People like you really exist?

:laughing0301:

People actually believe anybody criticle of Lincoln wants black people to be slaves.

Un-motherfucking-believable!
Yes he is. Syriusly is a special kind of stupid.

Brip planning on re-enslaving blacks in America is just as accurate and truthful as Lincoln going to his death bed plotting to export all blacks out of America.
Well...in the interest of historical accuracy...that quote..by James Mitchell..was in long letter..almost a pamphlet requested by Lincoln on the advisability of settling the freed slaves in ether Liberia or Guiana . Lincoln was not all that enamored of Negroes---and he did dabble in the idea of shipping them all off.

Do remember that James Mitchell was a good friend of Lincoln..and that Lincoln later appointed him to office. But all the Uber-racist ideas were Mitchell's..and Lincoln later decided against the idea. Do note that this was from 1862..and prior to the Emancipation Proclamation.

A better look at the quote..

Abraham Lincoln quarterly. [Vol. 6, no. 3]

By our standards there is no doubt that Lincoln would be considered a racist. Of course by our standards almost everyone in that era would be considered a racist- even most of the abolitionists.

And Lincoln did toy with the idea of exporting freed slaves to Africa or other places- believing then that it would be best for them and for America- but was shocked when he found out from that American blacks- such as the very influential Frederic Douglas opposed the idea of colonization and dropped the idea before he was murdered by a supporter of slavery.

Grow the fuck up!

Yet you couldn't address my point. The slaves are not why the north invaded. Lincoln offered to enshrine slavery to end the rebellion

You can’t “invade” your own country. The war didn’t begin because of slavery, but the evil institution had a connection to everything the war was based on. By the end of the criminal uprising it was certainly about slavery as much as anything.

Just like you are still scheming on how you can re-enslave the blacks.
People like you really exist?

:laughing0301:

People actually believe anybody criticle of Lincoln wants black people to be slaves.

Un-motherfucking-believable!
Yes he is. Syriusly is a special kind of stupid.

Brip planning on re-enslaving blacks in America is just as accurate and truthful as Lincoln going to his death bed plotting to export all blacks out of America.
Well...in the interest of historical accuracy...that quote..by James Mitchell..was in long letter..almost a pamphlet requested by Lincoln on the advisability of settling the freed slaves in ether Liberia or Guiana . Lincoln was not all that enamored of Negroes---and he did dabble in the idea of shipping them all off.

Do remember that James Mitchell was a good friend of Lincoln..and that Lincoln later appointed him to office. But all the Uber-racist ideas were Mitchell's..and Lincoln later decided against the idea. Do note that this was from 1862..and prior to the Emancipation Proclamation.

A better look at the quote..

Abraham Lincoln quarterly. [Vol. 6, no. 3]
Lincoln never decided against shipping all the blacks to Africa. He was scheming on how to do it right up until the day he was executed.

Just like you are scheming to this day on how to re-enslave black Americans.

Lincoln had made no efforts regarding colonization since at least early 1864- and those were regarding the voluntary resettlement of small numbers of freed slaves to Haiti or the Caribbean.

Forum List

Back