How come when there is a shooting, idiots say we need to ban guns and the NRA

All countries have crazy, evil people. Yet this is the only country where these mass shootings happen time and time again. The only logical explanation is that our country makes it way too easy for crazy, evil people to purchase guns.

It's amazing how idiots such as yourself repeat this tired shit over and over again.
Oh, this is so true ---- and that is why Syrians are fleeing to Europe. and illegals are being killed crossing borders. Not that I'm suggesting that 9 students hardly amounts to anything; however, imagine hundreds of people ----men women and children being killed on a daily bases simply because they are unwanted. And I suppose that they are all being stabbed or clubbed to death... But hey, mass killings are in the eye of the beholder. If they ain't American, they don't count...

Last edited:
All countries have crazy, evil people. Yet this is the only country where these mass shootings happen time and time again. The only logical explanation is that our country makes it way too easy for crazy, evil people to purchase guns.

It's amazing how idiots such as yourself repeat this tired shit over and over again.
Oh, this is so true ---- and that is why Syrians are fleeing to Europe. and illegals are being killed crossing borders. Not that I'm suggesting that 9 students hardly amounts to anything; however, imagine hundreds of people ----men women and children being killed on a daily bases simply because they are unwanted. And I suppose that they are all being stabbed or clubbed to death... But hey, mass killings are in the eye of the beholder. If they ain't American, they don't count...

That's great, bumpkin. Comparing a fucking war zone to our insane gun laws. Bravo, dipshit.

Awww, sorry Joe. You don't like National Review?

Well there are plenty of other sources that report these gun laws are impotent.

The National Review is a shit racist rag.

Reality-

Australia had 226 deaths by firearms in 2012

The United states had 33,636

Guns in the United States — Firearms, gun law and gun control
Dude there are 14 million more people living in Texas that live in the entire country of Australia. So please get a life.

But when Muslims fly jets into the Twin Towers killing thousands of people, the defenders of life do not say ban Muslims.

Stop listening to idiots. And stop sounding like an idiot by creating strawman threads built around the words of idiots.

I'm a moderate Democrat and I think we should protect the NRA & gun ownership, but increase oversight (background checks) so that insane people don't have easy access to guns. Look at gun violence in Canada or Australia - two places where people can buy guns. They have virtually no gun violence compared to the USA. I'm absolutely not suggesting we go as far as these nations, but it's insane to think we can't make small changes to a system which produces far more gun deaths than any gun owning nation in history, and far more gun deaths than terrorism deaths.

My uncle and his two sons hunt. They are responsible gun owners. I see nothing wrong with responsible people owning guns. My neighbor's son, on the other hand, just got out of a psychiatric institution for violence. He beat up one of his high school teachers and is on antipsychotic medication. I think he should face higher scrutiny and tighter background checks than my uncle and his son's. And every time I say something like this, someone like you accuses me of wanting to ban the NRA and guns.

Stop distorting the issue. No serious Democrat presidential candidate will ever ban the NRA or guns. There is no upside, They might bitch about guns when there is a tragedy, but just like your side will never get rid of evolution in schools or destroy social security, the mainstream Left has nothing to gain by doing the silly things you accuse them of.
Background checks are a drop in bucket when it comes to stopping gun violence. Most murders in the US are not committed by convicted felons and most of the mentally disturbed are either not in the care of mental health professionals or they are protected by privacy laws.

There are over 300 million guns in the US. One third of the population either owns a gun or lives with someone who does. A huge number of guns are sold in garage sales, gun shows, and individual sales. So any restrictions on retail sales may reduce slightly the total number guns sold but will do little to restrict access to the huge cache of guns in the US. As long as we have the 2nd amendment, gun control laws will have little or no effect on gun violence.

People often point to the success of gun control laws in Australia but often we ignore the fact that Australia has no 2nd amendment.

The second amendment was written during a time when state-of-the-art firearms were muskets and cannons...weapons capable of firing three or four times a minute. Do you actually believe that men like Jefferson and Adams would have wanted young, reckless, wild dumbasses to have a weapon which could fire 150 rounds of 9 mm death in 60 seconds? If you do my friend you have a real problem with your logic.

By the way....Jefferson put in writing that the constitution should be reviewed every twenty years and rewritten to accommodate current times. I'll bet the NRA would shit if Americans did that.

But when Muslims fly jets into the Twin Towers killing thousands of people, the defenders of life do not say ban Muslims.

Stop listening to idiots. And stop sounding like an idiot by creating strawman threads built around the words of idiots.

I'm a moderate Democrat and I think we should protect the NRA & gun ownership, but increase oversight (background checks) so that insane people don't have easy access to guns. Look at gun violence in Canada or Australia - two places where people can buy guns. They have virtually no gun violence compared to the USA. I'm absolutely not suggesting we go as far as these nations, but it's insane to think we can't make small changes to a system which produces far more gun deaths than any gun owning nation in history, and far more gun deaths than terrorism deaths.

My uncle and his two sons hunt. They are responsible gun owners. I see nothing wrong with responsible people owning guns. My neighbor's son, on the other hand, just got out of a psychiatric institution for violence. He beat up one of his high school teachers and is on antipsychotic medication. I think he should face higher scrutiny and tighter background checks than my uncle and his son's. And every time I say something like this, someone like you accuses me of wanting to ban the NRA and guns.

Stop distorting the issue. No serious Democrat presidential candidate will ever ban the NRA or guns. There is no upside, They might bitch about guns when there is a tragedy, but just like your side will never get rid of evolution in schools or destroy social security, the mainstream Left has nothing to gain by doing the silly things you accuse them of.
Background checks are a drop in bucket when it comes to stopping gun violence. Most murders in the US are not committed by convicted felons and most of the mentally disturbed are either not in the care of mental health professionals or they are protected by privacy laws.

There are over 300 million guns in the US. One third of the population either owns a gun or lives with someone who does. A huge number of guns are sold in garage sales, gun shows, and individual sales. So any restrictions on retail sales may reduce slightly the total number guns sold but will do little to restrict access to the huge cache of guns in the US. As long as we have the 2nd amendment, gun control laws will have little or no effect on gun violence.

People often point to the success of gun control laws in Australia but often we ignore the fact that Australia has no 2nd amendment.

The second amendment was written during a time when state-of-the-art firearms were muskets and cannons...weapons capable of firing three or four times a minute. Do you actually believe that men like Jefferson and Adams would have wanted young, reckless, wild dumbasses to have a weapon which could fire 150 rounds of 9 mm death in 60 seconds? If you do my friend you have a real problem with your logic.

By the way....Jefferson put in writing that the constitution should be reviewed every twenty years and rewritten to accommodate current times. I'll bet the NRA would shit if Americans did that.

Why, most Americans are behind having the right to bear arms.

Politicians know this as well. That's why in many places, they are adopting laws that give leniency to law abiding citizens. the gun culture is not shrinking, it's growing.

Politicians know this as well. That's why in many places, they are adopting laws that give leniency to law abiding citizens. the gun culture is not shrinking, it's growing.

Again.....there's one helluva difference in having the right to bear arms and an automatic issuance to every citizen to carry a death dealing military style weapon. Goddam...it's common sense. Why do you think Thomas Jefferson was in favor of rewriting the constitution every 20 years?

Dude there are 14 million more people living in Texas that live in the entire country of Australia. So please get a life.

According to Wiki-

Population of Australia - 23,916,300
Population of Texas - 27,695,284

So it's actually less than 4 million people, but I'll assume they didn't cover "Math" in your home school.

Okay, so now let's look at comparison of crime.

Texas had 1,148 murders in 2013.

Table 4

Australia had 297 Homicides in 2012.

Australian crime: Facts & figures: 2013 - Chapter 1: Recorded crime

Again.....there's one helluva difference in having the right to bear arms and an automatic issuance to every citizen to carry a death dealing military style weapon. Goddam...it's common sense. Why do you think Thomas Jefferson was in favor of rewriting the constitution every 20 years?

One persons opinion. The US Constitution gives us the Amendment ability to change it at will.

Of course a super majority of people would have to approve of any change in our Constitution, and we are way too divided of a country for that to happen. So until that time comes where enough people are willing to change the Constitution for this or any other reason, all we can do is adhere to it.

One persons opinion. The US Constitution gives us the Amendment ability to change it at will.

Of course a super majority of people would have to approve of any change in our Constitution, and we are way too divided of a country for that to happen. So until that time comes where enough people are willing to change the Constitution for this or any other reason, all we can do is adhere to it.

Yep....goddam shame that our elected officials are financed, both parties, by the goddamned NRA! If you deny it you are full of shit!

The Secret Online Weapons Store That'll Sell Anyone Anything

Yep....goddam shame that our elected officials are financed, both parties, by the goddamned NRA! If you deny it you are full of shit!

Do you think you're filling me in on a secret or something? Of course both parties get money from large organizations. Been going on all my life. In fact in the news today, Hillary got the support from the Teachers Unions.

Do you think you're filling me in on a secret or something? Of course both parties get money from large organizations. Been going on all my life. In fact in the news today, Hillary got the support from the Teachers Unions.

But Hitlery lost support of the Fireman and Teamsters

-Geaux

You are over-complicating it. Here's how we end the gun nut insanity.

1) Elect Hillary or a similarly progressive PResident.

2) Wait for Scalia to take a well-deserved Dirt Nap. Replace him with a progressive Justice.

3) Get an appropriate ruling on a gun measure, and lo and behold, five justices who can read English will find that the "Well Regulated Militia" part of the thing comes first. Then people will realize folks like Mercer, Holmes, Lanza, Roof do not constitute a "Well-Regulated" militia and there is no good reason for THEM to have guns.

2) Wait for Scalia to take a well-deserved Dirt Nap. Replace him with a progressive Justice.

3) Get an appropriate ruling on a gun measure, and lo and behold, five justices who can read English will find that the "Well Regulated Militia" part of the thing comes first. Then people will realize folks like Mercer, Holmes, Lanza, Roof do not constitute a "Well-Regulated" militia and there is no good reason for THEM to have guns.

A Phuckin' Men

Wish I'd said that!! The NRA has taken hold of the Republican party and Nazi elements in our country and it reminds me of the days of:

they_can_have_my_skittles_when_they_pry_them_from_my_cold_dead_hands_136.jpg

It's what I remind people of all the time before a presidential election: think of the SC nominations.

The current members know quite well what our founders wanted and didn't want. What they didn't want was a tyrannical government that was able to easily overpower the public. I know you are waiting and praying for the Commies to slip into the most powerful court in the land, but that may have to wait a while.

Hilarious might not even make it to the primaries. Her long-time legal advisor recently suggested she get her criminal defense team up and running. I guess he thinks she's in pretty hot water.

It's what I remind people of all the time before a presidential election: think of the SC nominations.

The current members know quite well what our founders wanted and didn't want. What they didn't want was a tyrannical government that was able to easily overpower the public. I know you are waiting and praying for the Commies to slip into the most powerful court in the land, but that may have to wait a while.

Hilarious might not even make it to the primaries. Her long-time legal advisor recently suggested she get her criminal defense team up and running. I guess he thinks she's in pretty hot water.

LOL....when I think of your menagerie of bought and paid for Right siders I say go for it! I suggest you begin to practice saying, "Madame President!"

Guy, I really don't care what some slaveholder who used to shit in a chamberpot wanted 200 years ago. We live in the modern world and we need a modern state. So, yeah, if the way to end the gun nut insanity is to stack SCOTUS with sane people, that's what we need to do.

Right. Frankly, I've been hearing this song for 25 years now from you guys. Whitewater, the Travel Office, Vince Foster, Benghazi... you had the goods on Hillary and you were going to take her down.

But it never happens.

Guy, I really don't care what some slaveholder who used to shit in a chamberpot wanted 200 years ago. We live in the modern world and we need a modern state. So, yeah, if the way to end the gun nut insanity is to stack SCOTUS with sane people, that's what we need to do.

Right. Frankly, I've been hearing this song for 25 years now from you guys. Whitewater, the Travel Office, Vince Foster, Benghazi... you had the goods on Hillary and you were going to take her down.

But it never happens.

What those slaveholders who shit in a chamberpot did was create the foundation for the greatest country in the world. The US Constitution is not a living document. It doesn't change because leftists like you and Obama don't like it any longer. The Constitution is the main law under which we live and it's going to stay that way.

LOL....when I think of your menagerie of bought and paid for Right siders I say go for it! I suggest you begin to practice saying, "Madame President!"

Nah, I don't think Carly is going to make it to be quite honest.

Forum List

Back