How deep is the "deep state"?

I recently had the opportunity to meet with an officer in the US military and was disappointed in the "globalist" point of view. In spite of President Trump's respect for the military and efforts to improve their lives, this officer had a point of view that was hard to understand given the intelligence and position of the officer.

It represented to me a sad state of the "deep state" i.e. people in power like this officer who seemed to forget that especially as a military officer being "apolitical" means not allowing personal preferences to affect their job.

But this officer's position is one that does influence congresspeople among others and what he shared in this meeting was frankly very disheartening as his political/globalist attitude doesn't help.

A couple examples from our conversation as to why I deemed him a "globalist" and frankly not representative of most Americans.

I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point.
Suffice to say the couple of examples of his opinion was surprising at least to me as he comes from multi-generational American midwestern family.
Unless you are against Citizens United you are for the deep state. Unlimited money in politics means unlimited influence, until this can be admited there is nothing that can be doen. Further more till one recognizes that giving the already wealthy and influential more money and influence also entrenches the deep state there is no converstaion to be had on the subject. I will beleive you against a deep state when and on ly when you are willing to speak against laws that entrench them.

Forum List

Back