How did Birth Control become a right?

The Trump administration is rolling back the Obama-era requirement that employer-provided health insurance policies cover birth control methods at no cost to women.

According to senior officials with the Department of Health and Human Services, the goal of the new rule is to allow any company or nonprofit group to exclude the coverage for contraception if it has a religious or moral objection.

The change fulfills a promise President Trump made in May to the Catholic religious order The Little Sisters of the Poor in a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. The nuns had sued the Obama administration over the birth control requirement.

It also sets up a fight between advocates of religious freedom and those of equal rights for women. The American Civil Liberties Union sued the Trump Administration within hours of the rule being published, claiming it violated the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, which ensures that all people receive equal protection under the law.

Longer-acting contraception, like an intrauterine device, can cost more than $1,000, says Sarah Lipton-Lubet, a vice president at the National Partnership for Women and Families. She says the new rule is a tool for discrimination against women.

"Women shouldn't be denied access to basic health care based on their employers' religious beliefs," she says. "We all have the right to our religious beliefs. But the way that this rule treats religion is really an excuse to discriminate."

In addition to the ACLU, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, and California Attorney General Javier Becerra announced they too plan to file suit opposing the new rule.

Trump Guts Requirement That Employer Health Plans Pay For Birth Control

Maybe some of you leftists can help me out here. How in the world can you say not forcing employers to provide birth control is a violation of equal protection? What's not equal about it? And how is not paying for it "denying access" to birth control? Is there some law that states you can't buy birth control for yourself, and that only your employer can buy it for you?

Who here believes that when the founders wrote the Constitution, that they had forcing employers to provide things for their employees in mind?

You men probably insisted upon it, you got tired of paying for abortions.
You men probably insisted upon it, you got tired of paying for abortions
ROFLMMFAO

The 'I am woman, hear me roar', feminist following,
strong, independent and smart women,
who need free BC because they can't afford it
or a man to pay for their abortion,
because they were stupid enough to get pregnant
for the woman's sexual conduct.

Birth control is not abortion, abortion Nut Job...

No, anyone can buy a condom, they are cheap and I shouldn't have to buy them for anyone else. If you need me to pay for your diaphragm or pill, then maybe you should be more worried about getting a job instead of having a baby? But few birth control methods are INFALLIBLE, then it comes down to an unwanted pregnancy, so RIGHT TO BIRTH CONTROL goes HAND IN HAND with the RIGHT TO ABORTION.

It all stems from the desire for guilt free sex. No ties to God, no ties to marriage, no ties to the child. Just screw away, get rid of the kid and not even have to worry about the bill! A liberal's dream! Maybe if someone is on public assistance for more than 5 years with no hope in sight of supporting themselves, they should have a mandatory sterilization! That goes for illegals as well.
And because of brainwashed ideological idiots in the GOP, we have millions of single mothers on welfare. Brilliant!

How did that happen? Did the GOP knock those women up while they weren't paying attention?

One Rep Senator, Murphy I believe who made the 20 week abortion law, knocked up his mistress and wanted her to have an abortion. You pubs will reap what you sow. Expect to see a lot more VD's and welfare moms due to weak men.
Expect to see a lot more VD's and welfare moms due to weak men
Again...ROFLMMFAO

Only weak women, with low standards and no self respect,
spread their legs for anybody and anyone
and fuck around with weak, low life losers!
when all they want is the dick.

And employers aren't stopping that.

Uh, yeah, they are. when someone like the shitballs at Hobby Lobby say they won't fund certain birth control, they are putting their backward ass bronze age superstitions above medical science.
since when is having sex a medical condition to treat with insurance?

Aren't all those things the responsibility of the mother and the father?

Oh, I don't have a dingy. I'm 73 and just bought another Harley that cost more than your past two cars, maybe three.
So why is the United States the only modern country without good health care system? Hint the GOP.

The US healthcare system is second to none. I think your question is where's my free government healthcare hand out.
Second to none in cost. Second to none in people who can't afford health care. And second to none in the disparity of health care for the rich as oppose to what the poor get.

:crybaby: rich people have more money than I do :crybaby: its not fair :crybaby:where's my government hand out

Yes rich people can afford health ins, which most median lower income can't. You have that right. Most of us pay for our premiums and if the employer wants to pick in what makes them doctor employer.

We need universal health care in the US.
funny you know what people can afford. who the fk are you, and since when is sex a medical condition?

Oh, I don't have a dingy. I'm 73 and just bought another Harley that cost more than your past two cars, maybe three.
So why is the United States the only modern country without good health care system? Hint the GOP.

The US healthcare system is second to none. I think your question is where's my free government healthcare hand out.
That's what happens when you get sick or have an accident, stupid. That's why they call it insurance or a system. We're the only modern country that doesn't have a system. That's why it cost so much

:crybaby: I want free government healthcare :crybaby: the rich :crybaby:

Tell us how someone making min wage can afford healthcare, maybe you know a secret.
give em a choice on what to buy and maybe they can. let's get rid of the government in our healthcare. that will cheapen it immediately.

Second to none in cost. Second to none in people who can't afford health care. And second to none in the disparity of health care for the rich as oppose to what the poor get.

:crybaby: rich people have more money than I do :crybaby: its not fair :crybaby:where's my government hand out
A lot of civilized countries provide health care for their citizens instead of spending that cash on bombing countries that didn't do anything to them.
I don't care. that doesn't mean jack shit. just another libturd bumper sticker.

A lot of civilized countries provide health care for their citizens instead of spending that cash on bombing countries that didn't do anything to them.
You prefer bombs over health care. Sad.

i care that women are killing babies as a consequence of sexual fun. really sad.

somewhere it is still subsidized. And i want something as well for free.
It didn't cost you anything to have Iraq bombed for nothing. There you go. :biggrin:
sure it did, you're confused.
Not to him personally, so he basically got it for free. Please try to keep up. :biggrin:
sure it did, it's called tax. you should learn how we pay for things. Insurance is a different game. so, they are not in the habit of support sexual fun. it isn't a medical condition is it? strange. see taxes pay for bombs.

i care that women are killing babies as a consequence of sexual fun. really sad.
But you don't care that your government is bombing the shit out of other countries and killing hundreds of thousands?

somewhere it is still subsidized. And i want something as well for free.
It didn't cost you anything to have Iraq bombed for nothing. There you go. :biggrin:
sure it did, you're confused.
Not to him personally, so he basically got it for free. Please try to keep up. :biggrin:
sure it did, it's called tax. you should learn how we pay for things. Insurance is a different game. so, they are not in the habit of support sexual fun. it isn't a medical condition is it? strange. see taxes pay for bombs.
Being pregnant is a medical condition. Now you know.

That's what happens when you get sick or have an accident, stupid. That's why they call it insurance or a system. We're the only modern country that doesn't have a system. That's why it cost so much

Tell us how someone making min wage can afford healthcare, maybe you know a secret.
give em a choice on what to buy and maybe they can. let's get rid of the government in our healthcare. that will cheapen it immediately.

Yes so much better for employers and health ins to dictate ins. How did that work, it didn't. Expect to see a huge increase in disability since pre existing conditions will not be covered anymore.

Yes so much better for employers and health ins to dictate ins. How did that work, it didn't. Expect to see a huge increase in disability since pre existing conditions will not be covered anymore.
government is allowed in my health choices. sorry pene,ne

Free extra-thick condoms that may have ridges on them, for the guys willing to wear them!

But you don't care that your government is bombing the shit out of other countries and killing hundreds of thousands?
yeah, killing people killing their own people and we are trying to protect against another genocide germany. so us in WW2 was killing hundreds of thousands right?

Last edited:
Free extra-thick condoms that may have ridges on them, for the guys willing to wear them!
they are cheap.

Forum List

Back