How Did Life On Earth Happen?

How Did Life On Earth Happen

• Perfect Conditions/By Chance

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • God Created It (Several thousand years ago)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • God Created it (Billions of years ago)

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Another Life in Another Galaxy put us here

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Black Magic

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
So the aliens would have something to experiment with.

The philosophers and in particular Aristotle, Aquinas, and Scruton simply postulate the existence of a God whom we call The Philosophy God and then take it from there.

Each of the dozen or so major religions of the world (Catholic and Eastern Orthodox and Protestant Christianity, Sunni and Shia Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Tao, Confucianism, Shinto, Judaism, Native American shamanism, Zen, Ba'hai, etc.) posit their own God/Gods and take it from there, mostly with a major guilt trip that you must accede and bow to.

Religion, Philosophy, and Science each addresses creation and as a result God-ness/hood in different ways.

God, billions of years ago.

He started with Adam and Steve, but that got boring, so he got rid of Steve, and created Eve.

Or, aliens...

which would seem like Gods

Only stating I have no clue. And grow tired of the conventional threads that pit religion against science, where self appointed experts bestowing humans lousy couple hundred years of science and theology seem to solve all the riddles of existence turning discussion into an either or conversation. We have no clue how our own capacity to reason and have sentient thoughts came about. Nor any clue as to the catalyst that triggered life to take hold here. Could be accidental and could very well be a seeded world. Best way to seed the universe? Asteroids.

My gut feeling is there is far more advanced intelligence than us considering the age and size of the known universe. God may be nothing more than a scientist or farmer for that matter.

My hope is that Earth isn't a farm as we would be the cattle.

Forum List

Back