How do good Americans and our democracy benefit from diversity again?

Out of all major countries in Europe, key word is "Major" here.

Catholic Austria has the lowest murder rate.

Explanation?
Austria ties with Switzerland for the most advanced social welfare system on the continent. Poverty rates, and income equality are also among the lowest on continent and quite low compared to the US. The country's resources are weighted very heavily toward providing support for the family such as child care, financial support for single parent families, education, recreational activities for children, and an extensive system of special education support for problems children, universal healthcare, essential all the activities identified as factors in low rates of juvenile delinquency. Low rates of juvenile delinquency almost always correlate with low adult crime rates.

Here are some more facts for the bigots:

Our country's birth rate is below the rate necessary to sustain economic growth and posterity.
News Flash: Unending population growth is unsustainable due to limited resources on Earth and ultimately limited space. We have enough technology to live well (provided a white, intelligent population) with our current population and 0 growth.
As our population ages, there will be a smaller and smaller percentage of younger people to take care of them.
No, there won't be. There will be a steady percentage given 0 growth.
In every prosperous nation, declining birth rates are a growing problem. We are victims of our own success.

There are only two ways to resolve this problem:

1) Increase the birth rate (good luck with that).

2) Increase immigration.

Take your pick.
Right! Let's take on foreign Latino/African/Muslim animals! That way they can be as useless as our old folks from the day they are born!

Aging Japan Puts a Strain on the Financial System

Japan’s population is shrinking and getting older, posing challenges to the nation’s financial system. How Japan copes could guide other advanced economies in Asia and Europe that are grappling with the same trends but are at an earlier phase of similar demographic developments.

A declining and aging population weighs on growth and interest rates. This puts pressure on profits of banks and insurance companies.

Yet, Japan's a lot healthier society on the whole, where there isn't nearly as much murder, ethnic-turmoil, nor terrorism risks etc. etc.

All that, and Japan is hardly behind Western Europe which has much more of the above issues, largely due to immigrants.
You should move to Japan then.
Except that's almost impossible due to their immigration (lack of) policy!

I’m really trying hard to wrap my head around it all....how exactly do Americans and American democracy benefit from diversity? Can someone articulate that to me?
It’s seems as though all the data strongly suggests otherwise...no?
Is the data racist?
Is Japan fucking themselves...Would they be kicking a bunch more ass if they imported millions from Mexico, Central and South America? If so, someone should let them know.
IMO, The pursuit of diversity, as an end, is simply NOT beneficial. However, diversity tends to be a byproduct of absorbing talented people if a country is prosperous and attractive. As an example, most top-tier universities each year admit a great number of international students based on merits, and a large portion of them become immigrants to America after getting their degrees. Similarly, many foreign entrepreneurs, developers, engineers, researchers, etc are attracted to the US. Talented people tend to be from different races and origins, so diversity, in this sense, is a good INDICATION of prosperity and success.

However, I do believe that diversity by itself is unnecessary and insufficient for success of a country. Many highly developed countries in the world are populated by a large majority of people from a certain race or ethnic origin. The pursuit of diversity as an end is largely meaningless.
The need for diversity depends on what an organization does. An organization that seeks new approaches to problems; that encourages thinking outside the box can certainly benefit from people from very diverse backgrounds and cultures because they have different approaches to problem solving and bring to the table a diverse knowledge base.
Yeah, such diverse approaches as "get a rock and murder him for $5 or because he insulted the prophet."

Out of all major countries in Europe, key word is "Major" here.

Catholic Austria has the lowest murder rate.

Explanation?
Austria ties with Switzerland for the most advanced social welfare system on the continent. Poverty rates, and income equality are also among the lowest on continent and quite low compared to the US. The country's resources are weighted very heavily toward providing support for the family such as child care, financial support for single parent families, education, recreational activities for children, and an extensive system of special education support for problems children, universal healthcare, essential all the activities identified as factors in low rates of juvenile delinquency. Low rates of juvenile delinquency almost always correlate with low adult crime rates.

Poland's murder rate is very low too, and Poland's got low incomes by European standards, one of the Europe's higher poverty rates, and Poland has one of the highest rates of income inequality in the continent of Europe.

1.) Most people in poverty don't commit murder.
That one argument is enough to suspect biology / genes play the biggest role)
What a silly thing to say... "less than 50% of people in poverty commit murder"... Is the average murder rate 50%? 40%? No? then this is a silly red herring.

Furthermore, it certainly would point in the OPPOSITE direction of biology playing a prominent role, as you are literally pointing out differences between two countries that border each other and share very little genetic difference. So you are falling on your face with that argument.
2.) Indonesia, China, Poland, Tonga, and Serbia etc. are some countries with quite a bit of poverty, and very low murder rates.

Another red herring.The trend is the trend, and that trend is, more specifically, inequality. Pointing out only a few outliers should not make a rational person reject the documented trend, but rather ask why the rates are not higher in those countries.
3.) The U.S.A had a big climb in murder in the 1960's following a big drop in poverty due to the rising 1950's middle class + welfare programs stomping out poverty conditions.

No, not really. The drop didn't precede it. Second, there was a special circumstance called a world war that changed the culture of this country for a while. You can find noise and exceptions, but the trend will remain.;
4.) Prince George's County, Maryland known as the wealthiest Black majority county in the U.S.A, is very high income by global standards, and even by U.S.A standards PG County, Maryland is wealthy, and has low rates of poverty.

Yet, the murder rate in PG County, Maryland is high by U.S.A standards, and even global standards.

but that is skewed by a top-heavy wealth distribution. The rich people in Maryland are not killing each other. So you really just accidentally argued MY point, not yours.

There's some rich criminals, and a good deal of poor non-criminals, I don't know how this can be explained away by anything other than biology / genetics being the main culprit?

We know that genes like the 2 repeat allele of MAO-A, and the 7 repeat allele of DRD4 increase impulsive, and criminal actions, and that the 2 repeat allele of MAO-A is most common in Blacks, while the 7 repeat allele of DRD4 is most prevalent in South America.

Blacks, and South Americans are among the most criminal groups in the World... Coincidence, really?

With that said, indeed these 2 genes do become worse under conditions of abuse, and neglect.

I for one never have denied environmental impacts of crime, it's just silly to think there's no major genetic components.

Maryland in general has a very high rate of murder, despite having one of the highest median household incomes in the nation, could it have something to do with Maryland having also one of the largest Black communities per capita in the nation?

Prince George's County, Maryland is far richer than many White dominated cities, but still manages to have much higher murder rates, could it have something to do with it's big Black population?

We learned Japan's low birth rate and aging population is contributing to the world's worst debt to GDP, which will continue to get worse. As a result, Japan is rapidly increasing its immigrant work force.

We learned immigrants make up a significant proportion of our entrepreneur's right here in the good old USA.

It's looks to me like the OP has been slam dunked onto the ash heap of history.

South Korea, Finland, and Japan all have low rates of birth, low rates of immigration, and have high median household income per capita (Income split between the people)

Worldwide, Median Household Income About $10,000

Finland's ranked #5 in median household income per capita, S. Korea's ranked #15, and Japan #16.
Yes, you are confirming my point for me. Thanks.

We learned Japan's low birth rate and aging population is contributing to the world's worst debt to GDP, which will continue to get worse. As a result, Japan is rapidly increasing its immigrant work force.

We learned immigrants make up a significant proportion of our entrepreneur's right here in the good old USA.

South Korea, Finland, and Japan all have low rates of birth, low rates of immigration, and have high median household income per capita (Income split between the people)

Finland's ranked #5 in median household income per capita, S. Korea's ranked #15, and Japan #16.

Finland's median household income per capita is higher than the European average despite having much lower birth rates, and lower rates of immigration than the European average, while S. Korea, and Japan are at the top of the list for Asia's median household income per capita despite having lower birth rates, and lower rates of immigration than a lot of Asia.

Explanation??

Finland's median household income per capita is higher than the European average despite having much lower birth rates, and lower rates of immigration than the European average, while S. Korea, and Japan are at the top of the list for Asia's median household income per capita despite having lower birth rates, and lower rates of immigration than a lot of Asia.

Explanation??
Stop being coy, big guy. YOU tell US. Then we can scrutinize your claims.

it's just silly to think there's no major genetic components
No it isn't, nor do you have a shred of evidence for that nonsense.

Criminals are more likely to have low MAO-A levels, low Dopamine levels, high T3 thyroid levels, and a smaller Amygdala.

We know that all of these are biological factors, we also know many of these are heavily genetic...

That however doesn't mean that environment plays no role, we do know that environment makes things better, or worse.

Explanation??
Ah. Finland.

The Finnish population is aging, and this is becoming a serious problem like in other developed nations

Guess how they are solving the problem.

Go ahead. Guess.

Answer: By increasing their immigrant labor!

So thank you for once again confirming my point for me! Keep up the good work!

It is expected that in Finland only the age-group of 65-years old and older is growing and the others will diminish. The population of working age will also decrease, and it has been estimated to decrease most in the decade 2010, at a pace of almost 30,000 per year. When the baby boomers retire, there will not be enough labour force to replace them.

<snip>

Two thirds of the immigrants, who were living in Finland in 2010, were born in third countries. The expert interviews conducted in the research project indicated that the migration flow from neighboring countries is expected to increase. According to the experts, immigrants will come from the Baltic countries, Russia, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Romania. The opinions differ on Estonia. Some believe that the immigration from there will continue while others think that the flow has drained. Asia is considered second. China and India are expected to provide mainly educated labour. Immigration will grow also as a consequence of family reunions. Professionals and experts are expected to immigrate from the United States, Germany, Sweden and Britain, but otherwise the immigration flows from western countries will be small.

The competition with other European countries for well-educated migrants is severe. If the differences in standard of living between Finland and the neighboring countries and in Europe decrease during the next ten years, the immigration pressure will decrease. The immigration flow from third countries to the EU is much bigger than the internal migration flow. Temporary migration and short term employment is expected to increase.

Immigration from new EU-countries is not necessary also the solution to the old EU-countries’ population ageing problems, since in many new EU-countries the population is diminishing both in natural population development, when death rate is exceeding birth rate, and by net loss in international migration (Figure 11). Finland is still facing population growth by both indicators in 2006 and especially successful are countries like Iceland, Ireland, Spain and Cyprus. The preliminary information on Finland’s population development in 2011 shows that 62 percent of population increase is because of positive international migration balance and the excess of births is counting the rest, 38 percent. The role of immigration in population development is thus remarkable in Finland.

Ageing Cities: Finnish Cities Lead Population Ageing Across Europe

Public finances (spending on education, health, policing etc) will be stretched in local areas as the growing dependency ratio (the ratio of the population under 15 and population over 65 as a proportion of people aged 15-64) will continue to rise across a broad range of Finnish cities. Healthcare spending will surge as declining state tax receipts (a consequence of a falling working age population) will likely impact state-funded health institutions, fostering a greater demand for private health coverage. Unsurprisingly, healthcare will be the most rapidly rising budget category in all Finish cities analysed by Euromonitor International over 2016-2021, related largely to the growth of the elderly population.

The increasing number of people going into retirement will place a greater strain on a dwindling working-age population. Declining labour force participation will act as a drain on businesses, suppressing investment and future economic growth. Being the country’s economic centre, Helsinkiwill likely maintain a healthy inflow of labour, although this may not be the case for smaller Finnishcities, such as Pori, Lahti and Tampere, among others, which will find it increasingly challenging to replace an ageinglabour pool. The end result will be severe labour productivity drops, especially in the smaller cities of the country.

Explanation??

Bottom-line is that there seems to be little difference between huge immigrant societies, and low immigrant societies in their income per person.

His theory, and a common theory by multiculturalists is that we need more young people working in the economy to propel the economy, and therefor immigration will fill such a gap.

This seems to be a terribly narrow, and simple view, however.

Having more kids, and younger adults in an economy might drive more GDP into the economy, but having more kids might also split the income between more people, thus watering down the wealth, it also would presumably put more pressures on the system to pay for kids schooling, or their prison sentences since young adults get into more trouble than their much older counterparts.

So, absolutely I don't see much of a win by having more kids, and young adults in an economy.

Explanation??

Bottom-line is that there seems to be little difference between huge immigrant societies, and low immigrant societies in their income per person.

His theory, and a common theory by multiculturalists is that we need more young people working in the economy to propel the economy, and therefor immigration will fill such a gap.

Having more kids, and younger adults in an economy might drive more GDP into the economy, but having more kids might also split the income between more people, thus watering down the wealth, it also would presumably put more pressures on the system to pay for kids schooling, or their prison sentences since young adults get into more trouble than their much older counterparts.

So, absolutely I don't see much of a win by having more kids, and young adults in an economy.
I can see you have absolutely no understanding of basic economics. Which explains your vulnerability to stupid shit like white nationalism.

Explanation??
Ah. Finland.

The Finnish population is aging, and this is becoming a serious problem like in other developed nations

Guess how they are solving the problem.

Go ahead. Guess.

Answer: By increasing their immigrant labor!

So thank you for once again confirming my point for me! Keep up the good work!

It is expected that in Finland only the age-group of 65-years old and older is growing and the others will diminish. The population of working age will also decrease, and it has been estimated to decrease most in the decade 2010, at a pace of almost 30,000 per year. When the baby boomers retire, there will not be enough labour force to replace them.

<snip>

Two thirds of the immigrants, who were living in Finland in 2010, were born in third countries. The expert interviews conducted in the research project indicated that the migration flow from neighboring countries is expected to increase. According to the experts, immigrants will come from the Baltic countries, Russia, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Romania. The opinions differ on Estonia. Some believe that the immigration from there will continue while others think that the flow has drained. Asia is considered second. China and India are expected to provide mainly educated labour. Immigration will grow also as a consequence of family reunions. Professionals and experts are expected to immigrate from the United States, Germany, Sweden and Britain, but otherwise the immigration flows from western countries will be small.

The competition with other European countries for well-educated migrants is severe. If the differences in standard of living between Finland and the neighboring countries and in Europe decrease during the next ten years, the immigration pressure will decrease. The immigration flow from third countries to the EU is much bigger than the internal migration flow. Temporary migration and short term employment is expected to increase.

Immigration from new EU-countries is not necessary also the solution to the old EU-countries’ population ageing problems, since in many new EU-countries the population is diminishing both in natural population development, when death rate is exceeding birth rate, and by net loss in international migration (Figure 11). Finland is still facing population growth by both indicators in 2006 and especially successful are countries like Iceland, Ireland, Spain and Cyprus. The preliminary information on Finland’s population development in 2011 shows that 62 percent of population increase is because of positive international migration balance and the excess of births is counting the rest, 38 percent. The role of immigration in population development is thus remarkable in Finland.

Finland's purchasing power is ranked #5 in Europe, and Finland's median household income per capita is ranked also #5 in Europe.... Yet Finland's got a low rate of immigration by European standards.

Poland's since the fall of the Berlin Wall has had one of the highest GDP growth rates in Europe, and Poland's.... Yet Poland's got low rate of immigration by European standards.

Why doesn't there seem to be much, if any difference between countries that let in many immigrants vs countries that did not in terms of income?

Explanation??

I can see you have absolutely no understanding of basic economics. Which explains your vulnerability to stupid shit like white nationalism.

LOL...

1.) If having more kids, and young adults makes for a richer society, how come the Third-World has so many kids, and goes no where?

2.) If having mass immigration makes for a richer society, how come some of the fastest growing economies in the World in the past 20 years, or so tend to have less immigrants? Such as China, Poland, Slovakia, etc.

2.) A lot of economists are socially Liberal Jews, as if they don't have their reasons to be biases?

3.) Nationalist Franco achieved the #1 growth in Europe in the 20th century, and Nationalist Hitler (Despite my objections to him) did achieve the best economic turn around during the Great Depression.

Explanation??

LOL...

1.) If having more kids, and young adults makes for a richer society, how come the Third-World has so many kids, and goes no where?

2.) If having mass immigration makes for a richer society, how come the fastest growing economies in the World in the past 20 years, or so tend to have less immigrants? Such as China, Poland, Slovakia, etc.

2.) A lot of economists are socially Liberal Jews, as if they don't have their reasons to be biases?

3.) Nationalist Franco achieved the #1 growth in Europe in the 20th century, and Nationalist Hitler (Despite my objections to him) did achieve the best economic turn around during the Great Depression.
That you even ask these questions just exposes your ignorance of basic economics even more! :lol:

Explanation??

LOL...

2.) If having mass immigration makes for a richer society, how come the fastest growing economies in the World in the past 20 years, or so tend to have less immigrants? Such as China, Poland, Slovakia, etc.

That you even ask these questions just exposes your ignorance of basic economics even more! :lol:

A.) Economics only makes up a portion of society well being.

B.) Multiculturalism tends to be a net drain in well being, causing more gangs, terrorism, murder, crime, ethnic tensions, etc. (In a lot of cases at least)

Forum List

Back