🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How do people survive on minimum wage?

Someone who consideres mimimum wage a career choice deserves the limitations they get.

Well said

:confused:
You make it sound like some moral issue. That point of view is really coming at it from the same (mistaken) perspective as supporters of minimum wage. It has nothing to do with what someone 'deserves'. It's solely a matter of how much their labor is worth to someone else.

Last edited:
We aren't insensitive to it. In fact, our comprehension of it is why we stand so firmly for traditional values and the reason we would like to see the subsidies that support promiscuity, risk taking, and criminal behavior reduced or stopped altogether.

Truly sad to see how so many people have allowed themselves to become absolutely convinced that there is no hope, that they are permanently stuck in a low-paying job, and that a bunch of professional politicians and the federal bureaucracy are their only hope to escape their situation. Terrible. For a country so obsessed by contrived "self esteem", we have so little faith in ourselves.

There is no hope for them..they've been told all their lives that life should be easy, and that the only people who can get ahead are those who have it easy to begin with.

It's a lie meant to prevent them from challenging the system or posing any sort of threat to the progressives in charge.

Yep, or that they "cheated" or are "greedy". And all the people who are putting out the necessary effort and making the necessary sacrifices are conveniently ignored or marginalized to continue the dogma.

I'll say it again for all you "it's not fair" nuts... The purpose of a Business is to make a Profit... NOBODY throughout life's history has EVER started a business solely to provide high paying jobs for others. The purpose of a business is to provide goods, and services as cheaply as it can to make as much money as it can for its investor(s). The idea that Companies should have to take their most menial jobs, and provide wages so that someone may make a career out of that menial job is ridiculous. What we call "minimum wage jobs" in America, are jobs kids have when they are putting themselves through school, or to make a quick buck over the summer... These types of jobs are NOT intended to be life long career positions, and by no means should a company be "strong armed" into making menial jobs "career paying positions", because some bureaucrat thinks it's a nice thing to do. I suggest that If people want to make a career out of a menial job, that is their choice... I shouldn't have to pay more for a product or service, because employers are forced to subsidize those people who have no ambition to make their own lives any better by being content with their menial jobs. It's not my, or my wallet's problem.

You're wasting your time.. these Marxist idiots think the world owes them a living.

And that companies exist just to provide jobs.

Truly sad to see how so many people have allowed themselves to become absolutely convinced that there is no hope, that they are permanently stuck in a low-paying job, and that a bunch of professional politicians and the federal bureaucracy are their only hope to escape their situation. Terrible. For a country so obsessed by contrived "self esteem", we have so little faith in ourselves.

There is no hope for them..they've been told all their lives that life should be easy, and that the only people who can get ahead are those who have it easy to begin with.

It's a lie meant to prevent them from challenging the system or posing any sort of threat to the progressives in charge.

Yep, or that they "cheated" or are "greedy". And all the people who are putting out the necessary effort and making the necessary sacrifices are conveniently ignored or marginalized to continue the dogma.

This is what you get when you tell people their entire lives how special they are and give them trophies for coming in last place.

This is what you get when you tell people their entire lives how special they are and give them trophies for coming in last place.

Yep. And this is how movements like OWS get started. Young people get into the real world and find out that they have been lied to...and the real world keeps score.

I'm afraid you're right, and this was a painfully predictable (and predicted) result.

Someone who consideres mimimum wage a career choice deserves the limitations they get.

Some people can't do better for a variety of reasons, as long as they are honest law abiding citizens I have no problem with them. The amount of money someone makes doesn't dictate their character, some of the best people I ever met in my life were people from countries like Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka etc who worked in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia for slave wages.

Here is how the rise in minimum wage is working in San Francisco.

San Francisco minimum wage is set to become the highest in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

"It makes these jobs so high-paying that they disappear," said Daniel Scherotter, executive chef and owner of Palio D'Asti, an Italian restaurant in the downtown financial district. "It's hurting the people it's trying to help."

As a result, Scherotter said he cut his kitchen staff by eight people in the last five years and shifted pastry production outside the city limits.

The last time CA raised the minimum wage, our local bakery stopped selling bread on a daily basis. They have a breadmaker come in once a week instead. He goes to other bakeries on other days of the week. The man who used to have a regular job, with some benefits, is now an independent contractor. Instead of showing up at the same place every day, he now has to travel, at his own expense, from bakery to bakery.

The raise in minimum wage hasn't helped this guy. Like moving pastry making outside of the city didn't help the pastry chefs of that San Francisco restaurant.

and you see glimmers of that mindset in here...when unemployed people say dumb things like "if you need slave labor, screw you" or "don't waste my time on an interview if you're not going to hire me".

WTH? Isn't that the point of an interview? You interview people to find out if you're going to hire them? I interviewed 72 people here recently for one position...that's the process you go through. Obviously, not everybody is going to get hired. You're a moron if you think an interview is a guarantee that you are the top candidate.

Losers are the same everywhere. "I'm too good for this" and resentful because they don't think they should HAVE to work...

There's nothing in the world shameful about work of any sort. And nobody is "too good" for any job. And I don't hire people who act like they're doing me a favor by applying, or who get pissy because the interview is wasting their valuable time.

We aren't insensitive to it. In fact, our comprehension of it is why we stand so firmly for traditional values and the reason we would like to see the subsidies that support promiscuity, risk taking, and criminal behavior reduced or stopped altogether.

What comprehension do you of impoverished living conditions? 'Guessing' by your name, you're a jewish white girl, and likely have money, so don't claim to understand. That is insulting to the poor. Most conservatives do not demonstrate any comprehension of impoverished living conditions when they speak. What you say implies some kind of empathy that you have or a real concern for the poor. I don't buy that. Personal interest says you only care about paying less taxes. How could you comprehend the plight of the poor? You haven't experienced it. What is your methodology for establishing causality for the poor? You don't have one. You have a narrative that has been taught to you by someone else, and has no bearing on reality. So, you can't claim with certitude that getting rid of subsidies will fix anything. Subsidies are not the cause, and although there may be some truth that they can act as a maintenance mechanism for a very few to remain poor, neither can that be demonstrated.

What comprehension do you of impoverished living conditions? 'Guessing' by your name, you're a jewish white girl, and likely have money, so don't claim to understand. That is insulting to the poor. Most conservatives do not demonstrate any comprehension of impoverished living conditions when they speak. What you say implies some kind of empathy that you have or a real concern for the poor. I don't buy that. Personal interest says you only care about paying less taxes. How could you comprehend the plight of the poor? You haven't experienced it. What is your methodology for establishing causality for the poor? You don't have one. You have a narrative that has been taught to you by someone else, and has no bearing on reality. So, you can't claim with certitude that getting rid of subsidies will fix anything. Subsidies are not the cause, and although there may be some truth that they can act as a maintenance mechanism for a very few to remain poor, neither can that be demonstrated.

Whoah..... antisemite much?

Fucking bigoted asshole.

Fucking bigoted asshole.

Looks like JoeyB has company...

Fucking bigoted asshole.

Looks like JoeyB has company...

Gotta love these tolerant, caring liberals. Give most of them 5 minutes... they show you who they really are.

Fucking bigoted asshole.

I'm not anti-semitic

You talk about racism and your race stereotypes come right out when it pertains to Jews... classic

Fucking bigoted asshole.

I'm not anti-semitic

Then why the need for the idiotic assumption that because she's a white Jewish girl she "likely has money"?

Sorry pal, that rolled off your keyboard with great ease....

You talk about racism and your race stereotypes come right out when it pertains to Jews... classic

Aw, I'm telling the girl, based on experience (growing up in a rich town) and demonstrable statistical evidence, she has money. poor her! Your'e ridiculous. It's so awful being rich! Don't give me this lame conservative empathy for the rich. It's pathetic.

Aw, I'm telling the girl, based on experience (growing up in a rich town) and demonstrable statistical evidence, she has money. poor her! Your'e ridiculous. It's so awful being rich! Don't give me this lame conservative empathy for the rich. It's pathetic.

That's borderline retarded.. what the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously?

Forum List

Back