How do progressives live through July 4th?

Missouri_Mike

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2012
You can bitch it's a troll thread but I really want to know how you do it. It's the most redneck holiday in the world. We go shoot some guns, BBQ, shoot fireworks, drink some beers and watch some Motorsport's. All of the things that piss you off. We go camping, start camp fires and ride our off road vehicles Willy nilly.

It's the ultimate redneck idiot party you claim to hate. How do you get through it?

You can bitch it's a troll thread but I really want to know how you do it. It's the most redneck holiday in the world. We go shoot some guns, BBQ, shoot fireworks, drink some beers and watch some Motorsport's. All of the things that piss you off. We go camping, start camp fires and ride our off road vehicles Willy nilly.

It's the ultimate redneck idiot party you claim to hate. How do you get through it?
We celebrate the Fourth of July too. But you celebrate it as a redneck would. Have fun at the demolition derby!

Last edited:

We celebrate the Dourth of July too. But you celebrate it as a redneck would. Have fun at the demolition derby!
The Dourth? Please expand on this. I'm sure it will prove very entertaining.

We celebrate the Dourth of July too. But you celebrate it as a redneck would. Have fun at the demolition derby!
I blame the iPad keyboard. But you're still a redneck.

no one has fireworks in their town in the South as great as they do up here in New England!

And we have Lobster Bakes on the Beach with campfires, and beer! :p

Well I didn't celebrate Canada Day yesterday, I won't celebrate 4th July on the 4th, I won't celebrate October 1st, I won't celebrate April 23rd, I won't celebrate July 10th, I won't celebrate 5th May, I won't celebrate March 17th, I can get through life without needing an excuse to get very drunk, thank you.

I blame the iPad keyboard. But you're still a redneck.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Not being a progressive, I can't speak for them.

I'm spending my Independence Day with about 40 friends and relatives. We'll have a band and DJ playing tunes all day and into the night while we enjoy all sorts of classic American foods like slow roasted rotisserie pork, clams, lobsters, crabs, fried chicken, potato salad, mac and cheese, baked beans, desserts galore and more. We'll swim in the pool, as well as play billiards, tennis, darts, cards, and perhaps croquet and badminton too. When things get boring for him, or when he just can't any longer stand not to have swung a golf club, my brother will cajole whomever he can into hitting golf balls into the ocean in a contest of some sort. I'm sure I and my date will take a moment to ourselves and stroll down the beach, visiting briefly with a few of the neighbors; some of them will likely "crash" our party too. Depending on the weather, some of us may go sailing for part of the day, and those who don't will make the water close-in a crazy snarl of jet skis buzzing around. We'll also watch the kids be kids running all over the place, playing traditional kid games that have nothing to do with a computer. In the evening we'll watch the fireworks display put on by us and other homeowners along the shore.

We've done more or less the same for as long as I can remember. I'm sure we'll get by just fine, and a great time will be had by all. It will be a very apolitical day.

Not being a progressive, I can't speak for them.

I'm spending my Independence Day with about 40 friends and relatives. We'll have a band and DJ playing tunes all day and into the night while we enjoy all sorts of classic American foods like slow roasted rotisserie pork, clams, lobsters, crabs, fried chicken, potato salad, mac and cheese, baked beans, desserts galore and more. We'll swim in the pool, as well as play billiards, tennis, darts, cards, and perhaps croquet and badminton too. When things get boring for him, or when he just can't any longer stand not to have swung a golf club, my brother will cajole whomever he can into hitting golf balls into the ocean in a contest of some sort. I'm sure I and my date will take a moment to ourselves and stroll down the beach, visiting briefly with a few of the neighbors; some of them will likely "crash" our party too. Depending on the weather, some of us may go sailing for part of the day, and those who don't will make the water close-in a crazy snarl of jet skis buzzing around. We'll also watch the kids be kids running all over the place, playing traditional kid games that have nothing to do with a computer. In the evening we'll watch the fireworks display put on by us and other homeowners along the shore.

We've done more or less the same for as long as I can remember. I'm sure we'll get by just fine, and a great time will be had by all. It will be a very apolitical day.

Well, I just got information that requires I amend the comments above. It's unlikely any of us will spend time in swimming and jet skiing in ocean tomorrow.

Self hating and lashes to back is what the leftist do. They committed the crime of being born white (even worse, male!) and thus oppressing and exploiting minorities. Guilty!

I find it hard to CELEBRATE because America that we are supposed to be celebrating doesn't exist anymore and its depressing to me really. I also find it hard to celebrate the 4th because a year ago Tuesday my wife's grandmother passed away and its just depressing. Double Depression.. Blah. Taking kids to the parade in the morning and fireworks that night but that's about it.Wife requested to work so she could keep busy that day and not think about her grandma's death.

no one has fireworks in their town in the South as great as they do up here in New England!

And we have Lobster Bakes on the Beach with campfires, and beer! :p
Used to do that every year when I lived there. Good times. Now we head to my buddies place in Basehor KS and blow up stuff with dynamite. No lobster, but a hell a lot of fun.

Forum List

Back