How do progressives live through July 4th?

no one has fireworks in their town in the South as great as they do up here in New England!

And we have Lobster Bakes on the Beach with campfires, and beer! :p
Used to do that every year when I lived there. Good times. Now we head to my buddies place in Basehor KS and blow up stuff with dynamite. No lobster, but a hell a lot of fun.
Holy crap. I did a job in Bashor not long ago. Small world.

I find it hard to CELEBRATE because America that we are supposed to be celebrating doesn't exist anymore and its depressing to me really. I also find it hard to celebrate the 4th because a year ago Tuesday my wife's grandmother passed away and its just depressing. Double Depression.. Blah. Taking kids to the parade in the morning and fireworks that night but that's about it.Wife requested to work so she could keep busy that day and not think about her grandma's death.
That's a bummer Odi, best wishes for you guys getting through it.

You can bitch it's a troll thread but I really want to know how you do it. It's the most redneck holiday in the world. We go shoot some guns, BBQ, shoot fireworks, drink some beers and watch some Motorsport's. All of the things that piss you off. We go camping, start camp fires and ride our off road vehicles Willy nilly.

It's the ultimate redneck idiot party you claim to hate. How do you get through it?

This thread always comes up ...

You can bitch it's a troll thread but I really want to know how you do it. It's the most redneck holiday in the world. We go shoot some guns, BBQ, shoot fireworks, drink some beers and watch some Motorsport's. All of the things that piss you off. We go camping, start camp fires and ride our off road vehicles Willy nilly.

It's the ultimate redneck idiot party you claim to hate. How do you get through it?
We celebrate the Fourth of July too. But you celebrate it as a redneck would. Have fun at the demolition derby!

With what stupid poppers and snakes?

Hypocrite lefties can still take a day or two off on the glorious 4th and manage to enjoy themselves without a thought of the lives and fortunes sacrificed by the brave patriots that preserved their 1st Amendment right to whine and complain about how unfair it is to live in the greatest Country in the world.

This thread always comes up ...
It does? Oh well at least I got it in there first this year.

We don't put on speedos, and pretend it's pridefest. Like that, but not ...so icky.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence ?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners, men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!

no one has fireworks in their town in the South as great as they do up here in New England!

Used to do that every year when I lived there. Good times. Now we head to my buddies place in Basehor KS and blow up stuff with dynamite. No lobster, but a hell a lot of fun.
I live in Lenexa and my businesses are in KCMO. There are several forum members from our area.

We celebrate the Fourth of July too. But you celebrate it as a redneck would. Have fun at the demolition derby!

I plan to take some barbecue with my brother and sister-in-law, watch the Pirates game, mow the lawn and then, in the evening, take in the skyrockets downtown.

I won't start a campfire due to the wildfire risk, fire any guns due to the risk of injury to anyone down range, ride an ATV because they erode the soil into the streams that support fish and wildlife nor will I name my non existent ATV either Willy or Nilly. In short, I don't expect to file an insurance claim over the weekend as so many irresponsible rednecks do.

Last edited:
Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence ?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners, men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!
History kids are no longer taught. Sad.

Well, Hillary's supporters celebrates the fourth every day, because they only can count up to four. And they do not celebrate with beer to get high and barbecued ribs to eat at their feast.

tumblr_m77xq7qrjc1qgocy3o1_500.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

I live in Lenexa and my businesses are in KCMO. There are several forum members from our area.
Our office is in Lenexa, we should have a KC beer summit.

I have been thinking about having some of the locals over for a BBQ.

I plan to take some barbecue with my brother and sister-in-law, watch the Pirates game, mow the,lawn and then, in the evening, take in the skyrockets downtown.

I won't start a campfire due to the wildfire risk, fire any guns due to the risk of injury to anyone down range, ride an ATV because they erode the soil into the streams that support fish and wildlife nor will I name my non existent ATV either Willy or Nilly. In short, I don't expect to file an insurance claim over the weekend as so many irresponsible rednecks do.

Translation~ god it must suck being you

I actually feel sorry for you, just a sheep living under so many rules and regulations..

Sorry

:)

Mean while back at the ranch, I have a bunch of , UMM, let's call them immigrationly challenged folks from south of the border, shooting off fireworks to beat the band. Isn't that yet another of life's little ironies? Not to mention we are under a red flag advisory, and all fireworks are illegal. Not that THAT meant anything.

Colin Kapernick kneels through it.

Antifa stabs horses.

PPH sell baby parts.

The same way that most pussies do. They hide under the bed until it's over.

I have been thinking about having some of the locals over for a BBQ.
May want to see what people are like before having them st your house. Just sayin. Never know from just a message board.

Forum List

Back