How do we Know Human are Causing Climate Change?

The same genetic mutation in significant enough numbers across a herd.

This would explain long periods of stasis followed by an abrupt change which is what the fossil record shows.

1000 members of a herd.

Suddenly the same mutation appears in 200 of them?

Why the same mutation?

1000 members of a herd.

Suddenly the same mutation appears in 200 of them?

Why the same mutation?
Don't know what the right number is. Maybe it's 10 or 20. Whatever that number is there is probably some minimum where it's not enough to propagate without significant inbreeding.

Why the same mutation? Because it's literally a new species. Think about the very first humans who had a different number of chromosomes than chimps or apes or whatever species we branched from. They needed mates with the same number of chromosomes.

Don't know what the right number is. Maybe it's 10 or 20. Whatever that number is there is probably some minimum where it's not enough to propagate without significant inbreeding.

Why the same mutation? Because it's literally a new species. Think about the very first humans who had a different number of chromosomes than chimps or apes or whatever species we branched from. They needed mates with the same number of chromosomes.

Why is a herd of 1000 in danger of inbreeding?

Why the same mutation? Because it's literally a new species.

What single mutation has ever created a new species?

Why is a herd of 1000 in danger of inbreeding?

Why the same mutation? Because it's literally a new species.

What single mutation has ever created a new species?
I didn't say a herd of 1000 was in danger of inbreeding. I said the new species was in danger of inbreeding if they did not have a deep enough gene pool to propagate the species. I would think 1 male and 1 female would not be enough.

Humans would be as good example. So the question is how many humans did the species start with. My belief is that the humans didn't start in just one geographic location in Africa but in multiple geographic locations across a region of Africa. Where ever there was a significant enough number of mutations that made humans take at each location.

Last edited:
I didn't say a herd of 1000 was in danger of inbreeding. I said the new species was in danger of inbreeding if they did not have a deep enough gene pool to propagate the species. I would think 1 male and 1 female would not be enough.

Humans would be as good example. So the question is how many humans did the species start with. My belief is that the humans didn't start in just one geographic location in Africa but in multiple geographic locations across a region of Africa. Where ever there was a significant enough number of mutations that made humans take at each location.

Where did you ever see that a single mutation can create a new species?

Nope. Not even a little bit.

You think one mutation can create a new specie?
One mutation? As in one animal was born with the mutation? No.

One mutation as in the same mutation across the herd producing 10 or 20 animals born with the mutation? Yes.

Are you a fan of Sherlock Holmes? When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. The degree of gradualism commonly attributed to Charles Darwin is virtually nonexistent in the fossil record. Which means that however improbable it seems that genetic mutations are responsible for driving speciation, it's the only theory that matches the observed data.

One mutation as in the same mutation across the herd producing 10 or 20 animals born with the mutation? Yes.

Are you a fan of Sherlock Holmes? When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. The degree of gradualism commonly attributed to Charles Darwin is virtually nonexistent in the fossil record. Which means that however improbable it seems that genetic mutations are responsible for driving speciation, it's the only theory that matches the observed data.

Excellent!

What would cause the same mutation to arise independently, in 10 or 20 animals, at the same time, in the same herd?

Explain it like your name was Sherlock.

Excellent!

What would cause the same mutation to arise independently, in 10 or 20 animals, at the same time, in the same herd?

Explain it like your name was Sherlock.
Stress. At least that's one theory that has been proposed. But I suspect it may be food related. There's some interesting work being done on how we are altering our genes based upon the things we eat. It's possible the two are linked. Food shortage leading to stress resulting in a different food source. But again... it all starts with the degree of gradualism commonly attributed to Charles Darwin is virtually nonexistent in the fossil record so it must be something else.

I think it's important to remember that Darwin did not know about genes. If he had he may have proposed a different theory that matched the observed fossil record. Darwinism has taken on an almost religious fervor. I think 100 years from now people won't be as emotional as they are today about honoring a bad theory that isn't based on genetics and doesn't match the observed data of the fossil record.

Last edited:
Stress. At least that's one theory that has been proposed. But I suspect it may be food related. There's some interesting work being done on how we are altering our genes based upon the things we eat. It's possible the two are linked. Food shortage leading to stress resulting in a different food source. But again... it all starts with the degree of gradualism commonly attributed to Charles Darwin is virtually nonexistent in the fossil record so it must be something else.

I think it's important to remember that Darwin did not know about genes. If he had he may have proposed a different theory that matched the observed fossil record. Darwinism has taken on an almost religious fervor. I think 100 years from now people won't be as emotional as they are today about honoring a bad theory that isn't based on genetics and doesn't match the observed data of the fossil record.

Stress can cause a mutation? Diet? Any links to those theories?

But again... it all starts with the degree of gradualism commonly attributed to Charles Darwin is virtually nonexistent in the fossil record so it must be something else.

There should be trillions of fossil examples of intermediate species, if a single mutation
can create a new species. Right? I mean, what's more gradual than one mutation?

Stress can cause a mutation? Diet? Any links to those theories?

But again... it all starts with the degree of gradualism commonly attributed to Charles Darwin is virtually nonexistent in the fossil record so it must be something else.

There should be trillions of fossil examples of intermediate species, if a single mutation
can create a new species. Right? I mean, what's more gradual than one mutation?
I'll have to look. Not sure I saved it.

You don't have to believe it. I'm cool with that. Are you?

Forum List

Back