How do we stop the purveyors of blatant lies through social media.

Because platforms aren't really independent of the state. . . not really. Not anymore.

Not anymore than Volkswagen was independent of Nazi Germany.

Maybe you should research Dirigisme.

:heehee:

I suppose you believe that Weibo & WeChat are independent of the CCP as well, eh?

:auiqs.jpg:
Cool. Okay. So it’s not controversial to say that Volkswagen was controlled by the state.

How does the state control Facebook?

Cool. So we don’t provide any medical care to people dying of COVID who elected not to be vaccinated?

No?

Yeah, that’s dumb.
Since I'm not a stupid liberal I would actually set a timeline with a gradual weening from the government teat.

Cool. Okay. So it’s not controversial to say that Volkswagen was controlled by the state.

How does the state control Facebook?

WASHINGTON, Feb 19 (Reuters) - The White House has been reaching out to social media companies including Facebook , Twitter and Alphabet Inc’s Google about clamping down on COVID misinformation and getting their help to stop it from going viral, a senior administration official said.

“We are talking to them ... so they understand the importance of misinformation and disinformation and how they can get rid of it quickly.”

The Biden White House is especially trying to make sure such material “does not start trending on such platforms and become a broader movement,” the source said.

WASHINGTON, Feb 19 (Reuters) - The White House has been reaching out to social media companies including Facebook , Twitter and Alphabet Inc’s Google about clamping down on COVID misinformation and getting their help to stop it from going viral, a senior administration official said.

“We are talking to them ... so they understand the importance of misinformation and disinformation and how they can get rid of it quickly.”

The Biden White House is especially trying to make sure such material “does not start trending on such platforms and become a broader movement,” the source said.

There’s no control here. They’re asking. It’s voluntary.

Swing and a miss slugger.

Conspiratorial nonsense.

funny video!

But I fail to see how you get to "conspiracy" from the video posted by MisterBeale That video seems to be stating some facts about facebook. I didn't hear or see anything in the video that claims there is a conspiracy. Nor did I fact check the details, but they seem reasonable based on my recollections. It does ask questions. Sounds like you supplied the answer: "conspiracy". A lot of people would sooner say it's just a fact of life that this sort of thing goes on, but I digress.

I don't believe all people who produce videos or statements containing what they believe to be facts and ask questions are evil conspiracy theorists. Why bother to have investigators or investigative reporters at all, if that were the case? Either they prove to be wrong, or they prove to be correct, in which case we learn something new.

People could always just hold themselves accountable and verify information through various sources and determine the truth. Lazy and ignorant people would only have themselves to blame if they fall for fake news.
I agree. Unfortunately we have all kind of laws to protect us from the stupidest among us. We also have laws to protect the most stupid among us from themselves. Criminal law is all about government controlling those who hurt others.
The lies coming from the stupid, on this site, can hurt others as much as a weapon or fraud that steals assets from others, The idiots, on this site, trying to justify the lies being told about COVID should be criminally prosecuted.

When Big Tech becomes the final arbiter, we have the national problem that we have.
Fuck unity under these conditions.
It ain't happening!!
Is it OK to yell fire in a crowded theater. Freedom of speech?
Is it OK to say that people of the Jewish party are causing our problems and they should be exterminated? Freedom of speech

I agree. Unfortunately we have all kind of laws to protect us from the stupidest among us. We also have laws to protect the most stupid among us from themselves. Criminal law is all about government controlling those who hurt others.
The lies coming from the stupid, on this site, can hurt others as much as a weapon or fraud that steals assets from others, The idiots, on this site, trying to justify the lies being told about COVID should be criminally prosecuted.
Saving people from themselves through the use of force is tyrannical and contrary to the spirit of our Constitution.

funny video!

But I fail to see how you get to "conspiracy" from the video posted by MisterBeale That video seems to be stating some facts about facebook. I didn't hear or see anything in the video that claims there is a conspiracy. Nor did I fact check the details, but they seem reasonable based on my recollections. It does ask questions. Sounds like you supplied the answer: "conspiracy". A lot of people would sooner say it's just a fact of life that this sort of thing goes on, but I digress.

I don't believe all people who produce videos or statements containing what they believe to be facts and ask questions are evil conspiracy theorists. Why bother to have investigators or investigative reporters at all, if that were the case? Either they prove to be wrong, or they prove to be correct, in which case we learn something new.
Did you not watch the video?

Facebook got money from ACCEL. ACCEL is managed by Jim Beyer. Jim Beyer is on the board of NVCA. NCVA's board also has Gilman Louie on it. Gilman Louie runs a firm called In-Q-Tel. In-Q-Tel works with US Intelligence.

This is supposedly a response to my question of how Facebook is controlled by the government and we get 6 degrees of separation with no evidence that any of these connections is relevant.

How do we stop the purveyors of blatant lies through social media.. An example of false information is whack job liars are spreading the lie that nobel-laureate says ivermectin-cures-covid-19. BLATANT LIE.

Social media has turned into a platform that the worst of the worst among us can spread their lies without any ramifications.
Before social medai these disgusting liars had very little reach. Those who knew them, ignored them.
We have to find a way to stop the liars, the conspiracy therorists being legitimized by social media.

Well, other countries have been trying the med. So, if medical professionals are giving it a try then how can it be a blatant lie?

How do we stop the purveyors of blatant lies through social media.. An example of false information is whack job liars are spreading the lie that nobel-laureate says ivermectin-cures-covid-19. BLATANT LIE.

Social media has turned into a platform that the worst of the worst among us can spread their lies without any ramifications.
Before social medai these disgusting liars had very little reach. Those who knew them, ignored them.
We have to find a way to stop the liars, the conspiracy therorists being legitimized by social media.

Block you

Well, other countries have been trying the med. So, if medical professionals are giving it a try then how can it be a blatant lie?
The statement below is a blatant lie. William Cambell came out and stated, I never said this. He discovered the medication. He knows the medication. He has information on COVID-19. He is not recommending or claiming Ivermectin cures COVID. If you do not understand this is a blatant lie, you do not understand truth.

1631384337663.png

Forum List

Back