How do you define success in an individual?

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
There is a lot of talk about success and what is a good predictor of success, but what it success to you?

What makes you look at a person and say "that person was successful in their life"?

Making a ton of money so I can buy politicians, so I can make even more money.

making an honest living plus as much independence as possible .

There is a lot of talk about success and what is a good predictor of success, but what it success to you?

What makes you look at a person and say "that person was successful in their life"?
Depends on the person
Generally money is one factor, status, title, stuff like that
but for others it could be family, getting kids through college or staying out of the streets
And yet others to go into noble professions and making a difference
People have different levels of ambition and different views on being successful
What motivates a teacher may be different from a CEO or a pro ball player.

Respect from associates, love from family/ friends, integrity, total honesty and the ability to have genuinely made people laugh.
Trump qualifies on none of the above.

Thanks all for your replies.

For me I would go with family, did I raise kids that are productive and meaningful members of society. That is my number 1.
Second is, did I do something that made a difference in the world.
I would also add in being financially secure is not a small factor either.

There is a lot of talk about success and what is a good predictor of success, but what it success to you? What makes you look at a person and say "that person was successful in their life"?

An individual's true success is not defined by someone else - it is defined by the person themselves.

There is a lot of talk about success and what is a good predictor of success, but what it success to you? What makes you look at a person and say "that person was successful in their life"?

An individual's true success is not defined by someone else - it is defined by the person themselves.

Wow, that is deep and profound. Well said. :beer:

I changed my post, that was a terrible compliment and I really meant it as one. Sorry for being snarky.

Respect from associates, love from family/ friends, integrity, total honesty and the ability to have genuinely made people laugh.
Trump qualifies on none of the above.
Butt hurt crying noted

upload_2017-12-21_8-49-50.jpeg

******SMILE*****

:)

That, at the transition we call 'death', he/she is able to look directly at the situation and embrace it.

Forum List

Back