How do you explain a ordered universe without a Creator?

No one created Him. Our universe, and everything in it, had a beginning. God is Spirit. I don't know exactly what that is, but it is something greater than and apart from our physical universe. So He has no beginning. I realize that it's difficult to wrap your mind around such a concept, but the alternative is to believe that the universe created itself. That's what you believe, isn't it? That it just exists for no reason at all? How is that any more logical than believing in a Creator?

You quote science in your OP yet ignore that matter cannot be created or destroyed..a basic scientific principle

Conservation of mass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Man cannot create or destroy matter or energy. Who says that God couldn't do it? And you are stuck with the question of why matter and energy exist in the first place. It was either created at some point, or it has always existed. Science cannot explain either scenario.

So you stick to science in regards to the order of the universe but it gets put away when you talk about your God
Not at all. If you read a little history, you would understand that the scientific method had it's origin in the belief that there is a Creator, and that there are laws that govern all of existence. There is no conflict between science and God. After all, God created the natural laws. Nice try though.
But the bible says that the world was made in 6 days. Science says otherwise. Please explain.
Could it be that science is wrong? They can't even get the age of the universe correct. You might want to look up radiometric dating and study it. The ages they come up with are based on assumptions. Unprovable assumptions. That's a fact.

The universe isn't 'doing' anything, it merely is. It can just as easily be thought that all exists so that we can experience it. As if we came out of matter so that matter could see what it looked like, so it could feel. Consciousness may have called all this forth.
How's that sound? Not so different and the same.
Solipsism has ventured this theory. You could really be strapped to a bed and pumped full of barbiturates or in a coma.
Or, one might just be here and just be now.
H. L Mencken, who may not have been an all-round, perfectly 'good' guy, did at least get off one resoundingly accurate zap:
“We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine.”

Bottom line. No one can prove through science why we are here, or how it happened. You atheists always cling to science, which has no answers. It really doesn't. Science is nothing more than observation of the physical universe. Observations made by fallible humans. If you want to put your faith in that, then go right ahead. I have God's word, which has never been proven to be in error about anything it says. You all claim the opposite, but every Biblical contradiction I've seen is the result of your own ignorance, as well as a failure to use Biblical, cultural and historical context when interpreting it. You think you are so smart...that you have all the answers. Keep thinking that. Be content in your false sense of superiority. It will do you little good when you meet your Creator and He asks you to give an account of your life. The evidence for God is all around you, but your sinful pride will not allow you to admit the truth. You want to be your own gods. Fair enough. There will be many false gods in hell, to keep you company.
You said that "God is Spirit. I don't know exactly what that is". But now you're saying that you "have God's word". So if you don't know what god is, how can you know that you have his word? Please try to be logical.
Prophecy. That's how I know.
Wtf does that mean?

You quote science in your OP yet ignore that matter cannot be created or destroyed..a basic scientific principle

Man cannot create or destroy matter or energy. Who says that God couldn't do it? And you are stuck with the question of why matter and energy exist in the first place. It was either created at some point, or it has always existed. Science cannot explain either scenario.

So you stick to science in regards to the order of the universe but it gets put away when you talk about your God
Not at all. If you read a little history, you would understand that the scientific method had it's origin in the belief that there is a Creator, and that there are laws that govern all of existence. There is no conflict between science and God. After all, God created the natural laws. Nice try though.
But the bible says that the world was made in 6 days. Science says otherwise. Please explain.
Could it be that science is wrong? They can't even get the age of the universe correct. You might want to look up radiometric dating and study it. The ages they come up with are based on assumptions. Unprovable assumptions. That's a fact.
Ok, so you can't prove that the world was made in 6 days. Got it.

1 day to god is not one day to man. LOL They can explain anything away because the bible says everything. I can probably find where it says 1000 days to us is a blink of an eye for god.
So the bible is lying when it says 6 days?

1 day to god is not one day to man. LOL They can explain anything away because the bible says everything. I can probably find where it says 1000 days to us is a blink of an eye for god.

It was not a literal 6 days.

What is a day? It is the Earth rotating once around it's axis while orbiting the sun........the sun, which was created on the 2nd day. LOL.

What is a day? It is the Earth rotating once around it's axis while orbiting the sun........the sun, which was created on the 2nd day. LOL.
It literally says 6 days. Wtf else is it supposed to mean?

In the badly translated King James version is says "day".

However, in the Hebrew morning and evening can be translated into "chaos" and "order".

No where else in the Hebrew text are the words denoting "day" we read in Genesis are ever used again.

Time is relative. Before man time was relative to God. After Adam, time became relative to man.

Jewish theologians agreed that it was not a literal 6 days, hundreds of years before the advent of modern science.

On the first day, God said let there be light. I'm not sure about you, But think that a all powerful Being can create the universe however He wants to.

On the first day, God said let there be light. I'm not sure about you, But think that a all powerful Being can create the universe however He wants to.

The universe is about 15 trillion years old. If on each "day" in Genesis, time halves, then it matches the scientific milestones such as day 5 during the Cambrian explosion etc.

Interesting theory proposed by Schroeder.

However, in the Hebrew morning and evening can be translated into "chaos" and "order".

No where else in the Hebrew text are the words denoting "day" we read in Genesis are ever used again.

Time is relative. Before man time was relative to God. After Adam, time became relative to man.

Jewish theologians agreed that it was not a literal 6 days, hundreds of years before the advent of modern science.
Numbers were used with each use of the word day. Add the fact that it also said the evening and the morning were the first day, and the meaning is clear. Also note that every other time a number is used with the word day, it denotes a 24 hour period. This applies to every use of the word throughout all of Scripture. One must use the Bible to interpret the Bible. It's a little thing called context.

Numbers were used with each use of the word day. Add the fact that it also said the evening and the morning were the first day, and the meaning is clear. Also note that every other time a number is used with the word day, it denotes a 24 hour period. This applies to every use of the word throughout all of Scripture. One must use the Bible to interpret the Bible. It's a little thing called context.

Have you read the original Hebrew?

I didn't think so.

If you don't want 3rd grade stories quit making 3rd grade arguments.
Please quote one third grade argument I've made.
Please read through these before you make one more bad argument

Why there is no god

This site lists the 46 reasons you believe there is a god and it explains why you are wrong all 46 times.

This way you won't keep making the same bad arguments everyone else did.
I read it. I'm still laughing.
Yea but did you understand? Of course you didn't. You believe a fucking imaginary invisible creator cares about you. You're delusional.

Time is a poorly understood phenomenon.

Time is relative and is not a constant throughout the universe.

Live on another planet and time changes. Go close to the speed of light and come back to Earth and time changes.

Hell, just fly in a jet around the world and you will go back in time a few seconds.

Why there is no god

This site lists the 46 reasons you believe there is a god and it explains why you are wrong all 46 times.

Yea but did you understand? Of course you didn't. You believe a fucking imaginary invisible creator cares about you. You're delusional.

What is the alternative? If the alternative is that the Creator in question cares nothing for us, then he may as well not exist as far as we are concerned.

Why there is no god

Nice dodge and false accusation. Now please give evidence to your accusation that I've presented "3rd grade arguments".
Hard to beat someone in a debate when they have god on their side.
“You can tell you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” – Anne Lamott

QhG4I.jpg

Why there is no god

What is the alternative? If the alternative is that the Creator in question cares nothing for us, then he may as well not exist as far as we are concerned.

Does the universe care about dinosaur souls? Are all the people that lived on Mars 5 billion years ago in a heaven? What was their purpose?

Could Ancient Mars Have Supported Life? Water Isn't the Only Key

Forum List

Back