How do you get better at evangelism?

OP ASKED: How do you get better at evangelism?

1) START BY panhandling on a busy center city corner-
once you raise $20 in spare change in a short day then you are ready for step
2) work for a fund raising non prophet er I mean non profit by tellephone soliciting for money.
then step
3) now you are ready to work for a "non prophet" ministry asking for SEED DONATIONS so they can harvest into false promises and expectations, try not to use the word money because that scares the fish away.
Every show you do, ever sermon, don't forget to ask/beg for money. Target old senile lonely people, and don't forget to use hell and damnation as a scare tactic to open up those wallets.

If you the people the blessings of tithing the church will never want.

Since there is a hell and people are going there, logic would follow that I would have to do something.

Objection; assumes facts not in evidence.

When I'm in heaven, we will be looking down at hell and I'll say, "Those are the stupid ones that didn't want to believe in God."
In fact, the ones in hell will still be saying, "There is no God" after having met Him.

And you will.never see matthew 7:20-21 coming.

By this shall men know that Ye are my disciples.

Can you love your fellow man if you look at them with pride?

The saints are supposed to have charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ. Do you think Christ will be looking at the ones who reject Him and thinking they are stupid for rejecting Him? I tend to think He will weep.

Does this this sound like a God who thinks the people are stupid?

O ye people of these great cities which have fallen, who are descendants of Jacob, yea, who are of the house of Israel, how oft have I gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and have nourished you.

5 And again, how oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, yea, O ye people of the house of Israel, who have fallen; yea, O ye people of the house of Israel, ye that dwell at Jerusalem, as ye that have fallen; yea, how oft would I have gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens, and ye would not.

6 O ye house of Israel whom I have spared, how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart. (3 Nephi 10:4-6)

And look at the prophet Mormon. I suspect the Lord looks on the people much as He did:

And my soul was rent with anguish, because of the slain of my people, and I cried:

17 O ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you!

18 Behold, if ye had not done this, ye would not have fallen. But behold, ye are fallen, and I mourn your loss.

19 O ye fair sons and daughters, ye fathers and mothers, ye husbands and wives, ye fair ones, how is it that ye could have fallen!

20 But behold, ye are gone, and my sorrows cannot bring your return.

21 And the day soon cometh that your mortal must put on immortality, and these bodies which are now moldering in corruption must soon become incorruptiblebodies; and then ye must stand before the judgment-seat of Christ, to be judged according to your works; and if it so be that ye are righteous, then are ye blessed with your fathers who have gone before you.

22 O that ye had repented before this great destructionhad come upon you. But behold, ye are gone, and the Father, yea, the Eternal Father of heaven, knoweth your state; and he doeth with you according to his justice and mercy. (Mormon 6:16-22)

Seek to be humble and seek charity from the Lord. Or you are in danger, my friend.

Can you love your fellow man if you look at them with pride?

Does this this sound like a God who thinks the people are stupid?

Seek to be humble and seek charity from the Lord. Or you are in danger, my friend.

Do you ever read the Bible before you speak?

Can I love my fellow man if I look at them with pride? Yes.

9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position.-James 1:9 (NIV)

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,-Ephesians 2:6 (NIV)

1 Corinthians 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Glory is translated eight times as "boast" and the NIV, NASB, ESV and other translations translate it "boast".

New International Version
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4 16 Let us then approach God s throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Therefore if we are told to come boldly then we haven't done anything wrong.

Copyright Information

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®
Used by Permission of Biblica, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide.

So what did I do wrong because I don't have an unbiblical position?

"Does this sound like a God who thinks the people are stupid?"

Again, you should read the Bible before you spout nonsense.

When the Bible Calls You Stupid
When the Bible Calls You Stupid Tim Brister

A Hater of Reproof Is Stupid
12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
 but he who hates reproof is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

New International Version
"My people are fools; they do not know me. They are senseless children; they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil; they know not how to do good."
Jeremiah 4 22 My people are fools they do not know me. They are senseless children they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil they know not how to do good.

And here is where Jesus calls people stupid:

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

1. not understood, unintelligible

2. not understanding, unwise, foolish
Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

The root word means:

1. to perceive with the mind, to understand, to have understanding

2. to think upon, heed, ponder, consider
So if you aren't thinking, considering, taking heed, pondering and if you don't have understanding then you're stupid.

Also, look up the word "brutish" in the Bible. It means stupid.

Last edited:
Official Handbook of How to Fleece the Flock for Fun and Profit

Rule number one:Before embarking upon this enterprise of fleecing the flock for fun and profit, one must establish oneself as a special “Anointed” spokesperson for God. This can be accomplished in several ways.

Emotionalism is essential for a flock-fleecing ministry. Mimic the most successful fleecers and practice this often until you have it down pat. Aggressively prance back and forth across the stage while waving your arms wildly and be sure to talk fast and loud. For added emphasis, whisper at times to make them strain to hear you and then scream to make them jump out of their seats.

Tears and a lot of mopping of sweat from the forehead and mouth while preaching happens a lot while under the “anointing” and this assures the flock that they are receiving an “anointed” message. Dance a lot and say “Whoooeeee, I feel the anointing comin’ upon me, ….GLORY.” Be certain to make odd noises at times and call them speaking in tongues from the Spirit. This is highly impressive and will ensure the flock’s awe of you.

Rule number three: Parrot the buzz words that only the “anointed” use, such words as “Plead the blood of Jesus”.

Official Handbook of How to Fleece the Flock for Fun and Profit Real Christianity

Last edited:
Yikes what a bad translation. How is rejoicing taking pride?

Pride is a sin of enmity. It's one of the deadly sins. You seriously think the Lord is encouraging us to sin?

Why on earth do you ignore all the scriptures condemning pride?

You don't dispute having it. Pride prevents love.

Guno,
My favorite buzz word was "electrocute them" used by Benny Hinn. For a while I didn't think to why he'd use that phrase till I noticed he'd have his dupes stand on direct marked spots on the stage whereby he'd use actual electrical current to knock them on their knees claiming the holy spirit and his anointing was doing it.
He was so brazen that he laughed at them and sneered when shouting to his henchmen to electrocute them.
One time he sliped and said out loud on the mic:
"that was to much"...as in to much current.

Pride is a sin of enmity. It's one of the deadly sins. You seriously think the Lord is encouraging us to sin?

He explained himself very clearly.

He takes pride in being 'saved' because he worships a trinity that became a man and thinks he is above all others who are too stupid to defy the laws of God.

"Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position.-James 1:9 (NIV)"

Apparently at some point he was deceived by a talking serpent, exactly like the one in the fairy tale, who told him that he could defy the law of God and practice idolatry and he will not die as the law clearly states but instead he will become like God, rule the earth, and live forever...

consequently he has died, descended into the netherworld, and has become a talking serpent, venom and all.

...except this ain't no fairy tale.

Last edited:

By Chuckt, April 29, 2015

Just do it. Giving people the truth of the gospel. There are so many people who won’t give people the gospel and they find reasons. Will “I didn’t wan’t want to give someone the gospel?” work on judgment day? Or will “I didn’t want to ruin my witness by giving them the gospel?”

We’re not responsible for results. The miracle of evangelism is God’s job.

Being afraid of not knowing the answer is really not our job. The reason is that people say, “no” to God and no amount of apologetics can make someone say, “yes”.

Our internal screen saver is what hurts us. What do we do when we aren’t doing anything? I know. We watch television. We waste time.

If you look at the parable of the soils in Matthew 13, the seed was planted and the yield was 1 out of 4. On top of that, there were studies out of the 80’s that the average person needed to hear the gospel many times before they would understand the gospel and part of that problem is that there are verses used by people who are unclear about the Gospel. Failing shouldn’t get us discouraged because it will happen to you just like it would happen to me. If someone is going to say, “no” then it doesn’t always matter if there is someone teaching or preaching better than me because the answer was “no”. The answer was based on the soils or the bad environment. I should base my evangelism on the idea that I can get a response out of 100 people and that I’m going to fail but there should be the same response out of the next 100 people. If I don’t see the response then it is possible that my plant will respond by someone else who waters or God who will give the increase. I was preached to at as a young boy but the result wasn’t seen for years later.

It doesn’t matter if I have the best apologetics because people have their minds made up and those who are based on good ground (Matthew 13:23) or good understanding but those that do truth (John 3:21) come to the light but those who agape (love) evil (John 3:19-20) don’t. So failure isn’t based so much upon me or you. There are those who don’t waste their time on the unwilling but they try to get to the willing because they understand that failure isn’t about them. The failure is based upon people who don’t want the truth and the reason why people don’t want to go to church is because they don’t want to hear someone telling them the truth.

About 40 years ago, my mom made me go to church. My sister didn’t like Church so she said bad things about Church, the Bible and told me, “not to let them get me” so I went along with my sister’s suggestion as a child not knowing any better and how much better my life might have been if I had not listened to her and I could have been a wiser and older Christian had I known better. There was nothing they could have said to me back then because I didn’t want it and they didn’t know that there was sibling pressure but that is what we find in the soils which are the cares of this life.

Unfortunately, as with most personal interactions, ministering requires pop-psychology, marketing and salesmanship, oratory skill, and the ability to note your audiance's mood, reactions, and adapt to that on the fly.

No one wants to hear the Gospel. They want to hear only the warm n fluffy Carebear stuff, or conversely, whose fault it is life isn't perfect. If you tried to teach the actual Gospel, you'd be relegated to a tent-sized congregation of zealots instead of fixed building type church with a congregation that bakes you things. :) Hence the popularity of so-called 'prosperity Gospel.' "Do this, and you'll be rich." Which is decidely not what Jesus taught. But it works and you'll make lots of money. Go to Hell in the end of course so have to think a bit on risk-reward. :)

The less you talk about the Bible and Jesus, and the more you talk about life and friendship the more succesfull you will be.
The Bible and Jesus comes later.
I haven't been to church in 20 plus years. But I know people, and the general population is starving for friendship/community...present yourself that way first. You will get much-much further that way.

No it doesn't. There is a good kind of pride that makes us like Jesus.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luke 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high (g5311 ὕψος hypsos)hath visited us,

Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height (g5311 ὕψος hypsos);
Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

To know the love of Christ is to be filled with all the fullness of God which is also the height or being exalted. It is the kind of pride that keeps us focused on others.

"Pride is that wonderful emotion that keeps you focused on your job and attentive to details that know one will ever know you cared about, but will be evident in the work you produce. Pride is such a critical part of the joy we have in our work, that as employees and employers we always have to ask ourselves, are we proud of what we are doing? If not, then what needs to change?"

The Bible is primarily focused on the bad part of man's pride but there is a good kind of pride that is translated "high" or "exalted" which is the believer's state to be like Christ.

Are you a teacher and you don't know these things? Because you don't know the truth, you are holding down others in unrighteousness.

James 3:1 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Philippians 2:5 ¶ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Last edited:

No it doesn't. There is a good kind of pride that makes us like Jesus.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luke 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high (g5311 ὕψος hypsos)hath visited us,

Ephesians 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height (g5311 ὕψος hypsos);
Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

To know the love of Christ is to be filled with all the fullness of God which is also the height or being exalted. It is the kind of pride that keeps us focused on others.

"Pride is that wonderful emotion that keeps you focused on your job and attentive to details that know one will ever know you cared about, but will be evident in the work you produce. Pride is such a critical part of the joy we have in our work, that as employees and employers we always have to ask ourselves, are we proud of what we are doing? If not, then what needs to change?"

The Bible is primarily focused on the bad part of man's pride but there is a good kind of pride that is translated "high" or "exalted" which is the believer's state to be like Christ.

Are you a teacher and you don't know these things? Because you don't know the truth, you are holding down others in unrighteousness.

James 3:1 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Philippians 2:5 ¶ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
You fools quote this biblical tripe as if it wasn't ever translated several dozen times, from a language nobody has even spoken for a thousand years, and hang on some extremely tenuous verbiage as being the actual "spoken words" of some mythical magic guy in the sky somewhere...Gimme a fukkin' break!!!!!!:anj_stfu:

Yeah none of those verses have anything to do with pride.

9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position.-James 1:9 (NIV)
James 1:9 ¶ Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

The word "exalted" is the same word "pride" in the NIV and the same greek word g5311.

James 1 Blue Letter Bible KJV - King James Version

You don't understand what you are talking about and you haven't studied it.

By Chuckt, April 29, 2015

Just do it. Giving people the truth of the gospel. There are so many people who won’t give people the gospel and they find reasons. Will “I didn’t wan’t want to give someone the gospel?” work on judgment day? Or will “I didn’t want to ruin my witness by giving them the gospel?”

We’re not responsible for results. The miracle of evangelism is God’s job.

Being afraid of not knowing the answer is really not our job. The reason is that people say, “no” to God and no amount of apologetics can make someone say, “yes”.

Our internal screen saver is what hurts us. What do we do when we aren’t doing anything? I know. We watch television. We waste time.

If you look at the parable of the soils in Matthew 13, the seed was planted and the yield was 1 out of 4. On top of that, there were studies out of the 80’s that the average person needed to hear the gospel many times before they would understand the gospel and part of that problem is that there are verses used by people who are unclear about the Gospel. Failing shouldn’t get us discouraged because it will happen to you just like it would happen to me. If someone is going to say, “no” then it doesn’t always matter if there is someone teaching or preaching better than me because the answer was “no”. The answer was based on the soils or the bad environment. I should base my evangelism on the idea that I can get a response out of 100 people and that I’m going to fail but there should be the same response out of the next 100 people. If I don’t see the response then it is possible that my plant will respond by someone else who waters or God who will give the increase. I was preached to at as a young boy but the result wasn’t seen for years later.

It doesn’t matter if I have the best apologetics because people have their minds made up and those who are based on good ground (Matthew 13:23) or good understanding but those that do truth (John 3:21) come to the light but those who agape (love) evil (John 3:19-20) don’t. So failure isn’t based so much upon me or you. There are those who don’t waste their time on the unwilling but they try to get to the willing because they understand that failure isn’t about them. The failure is based upon people who don’t want the truth and the reason why people don’t want to go to church is because they don’t want to hear someone telling them the truth.

About 40 years ago, my mom made me go to church. My sister didn’t like Church so she said bad things about Church, the Bible and told me, “not to let them get me” so I went along with my sister’s suggestion as a child not knowing any better and how much better my life might have been if I had not listened to her and I could have been a wiser and older Christian had I known better. There was nothing they could have said to me back then because I didn’t want it and they didn’t know that there was sibling pressure but that is what we find in the soils which are the cares of this life.

Living Waters Publications - Evangelism Resources - Living Waters Publications

You fools quote this biblical tripe as if it wasn't ever translated several dozen times, from a language nobody has even spoken for a thousand years, and hang on some extremely tenuous verbiage as being the actual "spoken words" of some mythical magic guy in the sky somewhere...Gimme a fukkin' break!!!!!!:anj_stfu:

Some professed believers, like chuck, actually claim to be studied experts in scripture (in some lofty position) and then do the exact opposite of what those very scriptures plainly teach in any language making them appear to be the living embodiment of the deceptive pride filled talking serpent the mythical magic guy in the sky somewhere condemns forever as a low-life in the fairy tale.

Whats even more astonishing is that some people dismiss those stories as superstitious bronze age gobbledygook even when a plague of talking serpents are crawling around everywhere and the rotting flesh from countless corpses of all those who have died from their venom stinks to high heaven.

Some professed believers, like chuck, actually claim to be studied experts in scripture (in some lofty position) and then do the exact opposite of what those very scriptures plainly teach in any language making them appear to be the living embodiment of the deceptive pride filled talking serpent the mythical magic guy in the sky somewhere condemns forever as a low-life in the fairy tale.

Whats even more astonishing is that some people dismiss those stories as superstitious bronze age gobbledygook even when a plague of talking serpents are crawling around everywhere and the rotting flesh from countless corpses of all those who have died from their venom stinks to high heaven.

I have academic reference books written by people who went to Bible college, hobelim. I have more than 70 feet of these reference books that people who went to Bible college call "boring" and God has given you different physical laws so those things that He can do outside of the laws you believe in are called miracles to show people that God can do stuff that you can't and those that aren't eyewitnesses wouldn't believe because they are unsupernatural because they have no experience outside of the physical they are subject to. So your believe is based on only what you can see instead of the unseen. Your experience at being an expert is based on limited knowledge.

I have academic reference books written by people who went to Bible college, hobelim. I have more than 70 feet of these reference books that people who went to Bible college call "boring"

You have 70 feet of boring reference books? I'm very impressed. Are they stacked side by side or one on top of the other?

“We’re not responsible for results.”

You do have the responsibility of respecting the wishes of those who don't want to hear about your myths and fables, and refrain from inappropriate proselytizing, such as in venues with a captive audience or on private property when politely asked to leave.

And you have the responsibility to recognize and acknowledge the arrogance of this type of proselytizing, most have already heard this nonsense and have appropriately rejected it.

Companies advertise products that I don't want all of the time. Sometimes I get sick of their spam and junk mail. You may want to control others but you can't. They can tell you about their myths and fables if they want to do that. The only exception would be that if they were breaking the law or something like that. For example: After you asked them to leave your property. Otherwise they can elect congressmen, send you emails, preach on street corners, knock on your door, advertise in the newspaper, run ads on TV, post videos on youtube, run their mouth on US Message Board or any other options available at their disposable. Have some fun with it. Turn the tables and tell them how idiotic they are. Don't whine like a little girl and lie by saying that they can't. They most certainly can.

I bet it's so much fun to smoke a joint, stand on a street corner, and start yelling ALL KINDS of nonsense about the shit you believe! And when people disagree just scream at them "you're gonna buuuuurrrrn NIGAAAAA!!1!11!!! :rofl:

WAKKA WAKKA! :thanks:

Damn! You read my mind.

Come back a little while later and there's pee stains on the front of his pants.

Jesus/god is ashamed of these demented fools.

Forum List

Back