How does licensing gun owners do anything to stop criminals or mass shooters, still waiting....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So..in the past I have asked this question and have yet to receive a real response...simply saying..but...but...it will help keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mass shooters, is not an answer...

I can say sprinkling pixie dust in the woods at midnight also helps keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mass shooters....and then you would expect me to explain how that actually works....

So here we go......again....

I am a law abiding citizen...I put on a gun and carry it...I commit no crimes with the gun...

Why do I need to be licensed to do this?

-----

I am a citizen...I put on a gun and carry it to a store, and use the gun to rob the store....what would licensing do in this situation...I can already be arrested.....and put in jail, the licensing would not do anything.....

----

I am a felon....I put on a gun...I cannot get a gun license because it is illegal for me to buy, own or carry a gun already...if I am caught simply possessing the gun, I can be arrested on the spot and put in jail.....licensing had no effect on me if I am a felon.......

So again....Please tell me what licensing does? I am still waiting....

America is not going to deal with its issues, you can relax. Denial is alive and well on all fronts.

America is not going to deal with its issues, you can relax. Denial is alive and well on all fronts.

So...no answer...aren't you one of the smart guys calling for licensing gun owners...please...explain to all of us how they work....

I dunno. I think there's is a bit of momentum behind gun control at the moment. A few more people shot and it may just push it over the top.

So the police can say, well Bob Doe, you were just shot by Joe Public's stolen gun.

So the police can say, well Bob Doe, you were just shot by Joe Public's stolen gun.

No....that isn't licensing gun owners.....the gun is not registered...and even then......the average crime gun in chicago has been on the streets 11 years.....not going to solve ownership issues with registration.

yep....again.....no one can explain how licensing gun owners is more effective than sprinkling pixie dust in the woods in order to stop gun crime......

Here it is....I have given you anti gunners your chance to explain a common response to what you want to do to increase common sense gun laws.....and not one of you can explain why licensing law abiding gun owners is a good idea.........

Still waiting for your defense of this idea.........

Still waiting for the perfect explanation for licensing gun owners........

Bueller.....bueller

“How does licensing gun owners do anything to stop criminals or mass shooters, still waiting....”

This fails as a straw man fallacy – no one ever said it would.

Indeed, no one has ever presented any firearm regulatory measure as a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence, or as a ‘guarantee’ that no convicted felon will be able to acquire a gun.

One cannot claim that a given firearm regulatory measure didn’t work because it ‘failed’ to address a problem it was never intended to address in the first place.

“How does licensing gun owners do anything to stop criminals or mass shooters, still waiting....”

This fails as a straw man fallacy – no one ever said it would.

Indeed, no one has ever presented any firearm regulatory measure as a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence, or as a ‘guarantee’ that no convicted felon will be able to acquire a gun.

One cannot claim that a given firearm regulatory measure didn’t work because it ‘failed’ to address a problem it was never intended to address in the first place.

Wrong twit.....I am not looking for "if it just stops one criminal" excuses you guys make for enacting laws that effect some 90 million gun owners.........

Tell me....what does licensing law abiding gun owners do to stop criminals, who cannot legally own guns to begin with, therefore they cannot get a license any way....from getting or using a gun......

Explain that......

Explain also how if a licensed gun owner decides to commit a mass shooting how licensing him stopped the mass shooting.....

Explain that.....

If I am a law abiding citizen, with no criminal record or behavior, how does licensing me to own a gun change that in any way....

Explain that.....

If someone gets a gun license, and then robs a store, how did licensing that gun owner change the outcome of that activity?

explain that.......

AGain...if I am a law abiding gun owner and I put a pistol on by hip, and walk around in society committing no crimes....why did I need a license....?

Please tell us....

If I am a law abiding gun owner and I am walking around society and I am stopped by police, and he takes my drivers license to check on warrants and identity, and I come back clean....why would I need a license and how would it change that outcome?

Please tell us.....

Felons cannot buy, own or carry guns....therefore they cannot get a gun license at all, for any reason....yet 90% of gun murders are committed by convicted felons....what does licensing law abiding gun owners do to change that?

Please tell us.......

If I am a law abiding gun owner, with a gun, out in society, and I use my gun to commit a crime, I can already be arrested and put in jail, under existing law, without a gun license being needed to do this....so why do we need to license law abiding gun owners....

Please tell us....

Now I will say that if you go to the woods at night and sprinkle pixie dust under an oak tree at midnight...it might just save one life from being taken with a gun.......

You would then have the right to ask me how exactly that dynamic works......

So...please explain the dynamic of licensing gun owners and how it works to stop criminals or mass shooters.....

And explain why it isn't just another bureaucratic hoop, that increases the legal jeopardy of the law abiding gun owner because of arbitrary paper work requirements that achieve nothing........

Forum List

Back