How is austerity doing in Europe

You're a total fucking idiot. If you're going to taunt and mock; at least be on the fucking money, instead of cockily making fallacious points like a total fucking retard.

GDP is only an economic indicator. It doesn't equate to economic growth if you astronomically increase the debt and/or have large inflation. These are simple concepts that you would know if you took economics instead of just making the laughable claim that you have a degree in economics.

^^^^^^
Gasbag didn't know how coupons worked either.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/286498-payless-shoes-f-ing-geniuses.html

rofl

I have to admit, that thread was worth a chuckle. But stop being a bully and pick on someone your own size...

Like... This thing... I dunno:

Pikachu-nabbing-at-apple-pikachu-31615399-895-1000.png

I know. Sometimes, I almost feel bad picking on gasbag.

Ex nihilio "from nothing" another FDR fuck up.

Where do you think the dollars in your wallet come from?

From riding on one's unicorn to The Magic Money Tree out back, off which you pick and put in your wallet.

Or at least that's what liberals tell me.

Thanks. :lol:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGYh8AacgY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGYh8AacgY[/ame]

I was under the impression there was a dollar factory in Bejiing.

Last edited:
Who saved the banks and GM? The government printing their invisible toilet papet money? No the taxpayers. The government prints and spends and their back up is the American taxpayer.

My back up is a commodity. A valued product.

Where do you think the dollars in your wallet come from?

Commodity backed money.

Like wheat?

I prefer Wheaties.

The Federal Reserve is a private company owned by banks, with the unlimited power to print money because they've deemed money is worth something because they say it is with nothing to back it up, so what happens when their flat money falls flat?

They use taxpayer money to bail out their cronies and themselves.

They have it made in the shade.

The Federal Reserve is a private company owned by banks, with the unlimited power to print money because they've deemed money is worth something because they say it is with nothing to back it up, so what happens when their flat money falls flat?

No, it's not. It's a central banking system which consists of private member banks. However, the Board of Governors, which are publicly-appointed and part of the federal government, execute monetary policy.

The Federal Reserve System fulfills its public mission as an independent entity within government. It is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution.

As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the Congress of the United States. It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by the Congress, which often reviews the Federal Reserve's activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government" rather than "independent of government."

The 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by the Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized similarly to private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year.

FRB: Who owns the Federal Reserve?

They use taxpayer money to bail out their cronies and themselves.

They have it made in the shade.

The don't need "taxpayer money". The FED basically loans base money into existence.

Last edited:
Oops! Kimmie.

"The Federal Reserve openly admits that it is privately owned.* When it was defending itself*against a Bloomberg request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Federal Reserve stated*unequivocally in court that it*was "not an agency" of the federal government and therefore not subject to the Freedom of Information Act."

10 Things That Every American Should Know About The Federal Reserve

You are defending the devil. It's so laughable. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

And the personal attacks against gatsby prove you know nothing.

You are defending the devil. It's so laughable. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

If that is directed at me and you think gasbag is right, you are very ignorant about the topic at hand. No offense.

If not, well, carry on.

Last edited:

If that is directed at me and you think gasbag is right, you are very ignorant about the topic at hand. No offense.

If not, well, carry on.

Not that I care, I don't jump into other debates, but right about what: the Federal Reserve, GDP or the Coupons. I only ask because I have no idea why you are picking on him. I am fulfilling my duties as a concerned spectator...

P.S. You're a very mean guy:eusa_eh:

If not, well, carry on.

Not that I care, I don't jump into other debates, but right about what: the Federal Reserve, GDP or the Coupons. I only ask because I have no idea why you are picking on him. I am fulfilling my duties as a concerned spectator...

I don't suffer fools gladly, it's true. It's a character flaw. Better here than IRL.

1. The Fed is not the devil. I'm not a fan and think they've created a lot of damage, but the conspiracy theories about the Fed are as idiotic as the twoofer and birfer theories. There is so much misinformation.

2. Most of what gasbag said in our exchange is just flat out wrong.

3. If someone who knows little (gasbag) is going to call someone who knows a lot (oldfart) an idiot hack with an agenda and to fuck off, then don't be surprised if he gets his own idiocy thrown back at him (coupons).

Have a nice day, and happy trading! I hope you cut your losses in your SPY short from a month ago.

Oops! Kimmie.

"The Federal Reserve openly admits that it is privately owned.* When it was defending itself*against a Bloomberg request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Federal Reserve stated*unequivocally in court that it*was "not an agency" of the federal government and therefore not subject to the Freedom of Information Act."

10 Things That Every American Should Know About The Federal Reserve

It's independent within the government. Congress can get the info ASAP if they so desire. It's that simple, but they lack the political will.

LOL @ Economic Collapse Blog. Whoever wrote that article has no clue about the Federal Reserve, nor how our monetary system operates. It's like Ron Paul and gold bug quackery with a splash of conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

If not, well, carry on.

I don't suffer fools gladly, it's true. It's a character flaw. Better here than IRL.

1. The Fed is not the devil. I'm not a fan and think they've created a lot of damage, but the conspiracy theories about the Fed are as idiotic as the twoofer and birfer theories. There is so much misinformation.

2. Most of what gasbag said in our exchange is just flat out wrong.

3. If someone who knows little (gasbag) is going to call someone who knows a lot (oldfart) an idiot hack with an agenda and to fuck off, then don't be surprised if he gets his own idiocy thrown back at him (coupons).

I'm aware of your positions on certain things. Guess I wasn't really paying attention to the full exchange. Never really you lash out on anyone you've disagreed with. And I know we disagree but we are usually okay (although you do tend to single me out on occasion). I guess if someone is being hostile then it can't be helped. Just wanted to know all the facts before artibarity jumping in on a subject.

Have a nice day, and happy trading! I hope you cut your losses in your SPY short from a month ago.

Yeah, that's been a rough one. When you can come up with a VXX product that that can print unlimited shares to be shorted bringing volatility down, what a head spin...

Forum List

Back