How is Jesus the Messiah?

I believe that Isaiah 2:4 is referring to when Christ returns, TN.

At this point in our space time he has defeated death, he hasn't returned as the king.

Same for all of these.

Where are the rest of the prophecies?

You know, the ones that tell us how we will recognize him?

You do know about those, right?

Same for all of these.

Where are the rest of the prophecies?

You know, the ones that tell us how we will recognize him?

You do know about those, right?
What a bunch of delusional horse dung!
The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.

1 But thou, Beth-lehem Ephrathah, which art little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall one come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from ancient days.

Micah 5 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

The Messiah would be born of a virgin.

Mary Prophesied in the Old Testatament

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; they shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise their heel.'

Isaiah 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Jeremias 31:21
21 How long wilt thou turn away coyly, O thou backsliding daughter? For the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth: a woman shall court a man.

Jeremiah 31 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

How long will you gad about,
O you backsliding daughter?
For the Lord has created a new thing in the earth—
A woman shall encompass a man.”

Bible Gateway passage: Jeremiah 31 - New King James Version

Last edited:
The Messiah would come from the line of Abraham.

Genesis 12:3
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse; and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.'

Genesis 22:18
18 and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast hearkened to My voice.'

Last edited:
The Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.

Genesis 17:19
19 And God said: 'Nay, but Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son; and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him.

Genesis 17 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Genesis 21:12
12 And God said unto Abraham: 'Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah saith unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall seed be called to thee.

Genesis 21 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
The Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.

Numbers 24:17
17 I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not nigh; there shall step forth a star out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite through the corners of Moab, and break down all the sons of Seth.

Numbers 24 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
The Messiah would be heir to King David's throne.

2 Samuel 7:12-13
12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

2 Samuel 7 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
The Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.

Psalm 45:6-7
6 Thine arrows are sharp--the peoples fall under thee--[they sink] into the heart of the king's enemies.
7 Thy throne given of God is for ever and ever; a sceptre of equity is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Psalms 45 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Daniel 2:44
44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed; nor shall the kingdom be left to another people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, but it shall stand for ever.

Daniel 2 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah.

Isaiah 40:3-5
3 Hark! one calleth: 'Clear ye in the wilderness the way of the LORD, make plain in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the rugged shall be made level, and the rough places a plain;
5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.'

Isaiah 40 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Messiah would be preceded by Elijah.

Malachi 3:1
1 Behold, I send My messenger, and he shall clear the way before Me; and the Lord, whom ye seek, will suddenly come to His temple, and the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in, behold, he cometh, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3:23
23 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.

Malachi 3 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
The Messiah would speak in parables.

Psalm 78:2-4
2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter dark sayings concerning days of old;
3 That which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us,
4 We will not hide from their children, telling to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and His strength, and His wondrous works that He hath done.

Psalms 78 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Isaiah 6:9-10
9 And He said: 'Go, and tell this people: hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they, seeing with their eyes, and hearing with their ears, and understanding with their heart, return, and be healed.'

Isaiah 6 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Forum List

Back