How is this the "Largest tax cut in American history"?

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70% which he dropped to 50% and then 28%? Can somebody explain by what metrics this plan is the largest tax cut in American history?

Last edited:
I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain how this plan is the largest in American history?
Perhaps they meant dollars and not percentages? Im not sure but i would like to know as well.

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain how this plan is the largest in American history?
Only a moronic leftard asshole thinks there were not huge deductions available then.

Congrats, moronic leftard asshole.

Perhaps they meant dollars and not percentages? Im not sure but i would like to know as well.
You are the only one that has addressed the OP. Look at all these other posts... People just making themselves look stupid.

Only a moronic leftard asshole thinks there were not huge deductions available then.

Did I say that dumbass? No. I asked a simple question. You obviously can't answer. Thanks for playing

Biggest tax cut ever.

YASSS, YASSS!
How? By what metrics?

By the amount cut metric.

The butthurt of the leftists is also greater than ever, a other good metric.
Show me the numbers. Reagan cut the top rate from 70% to 50% a 20% decrease. This plan cuts the top rate from 39% to 37.5%... So what are they taking about when they say the largest cut in American history?

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain by what metrics this plan is the largest tax cut in American history?
The president with the biggest mouth in history tax cut, is the real title of the matter....

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain by what metrics this plan is the largest tax cut in American history?

It's whatever Trump claims it to be and you're a stupid commie doo-doo head to say otherwise.

Or.

It's not.

The biggest tax cut in history? Not quite. - CNNPolitics

Did I say that dumbass? No. I asked a simple question. You obviously can't answer. Thanks for playing
Brainless twit, taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes.
I know it's a difficult concept for you leftards to grasp, just nod in a agreement like you have an IQ over 80 and walk away.

Brainless twit, taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes.
I know it's a difficult concept for you leftards to grasp, just nod in a agreement like you have an IQ over 80 and walk away.
Well then explain it to me smart guy. Lets go with Reagan, show his tax cuts next to Trumps and show me how Trumps is bigger. Should be easy for an intelligent fellow like yourself. Lets see the numbers

Forum List

Back